Security Measures

After the deaths of so many, it is time to rally and fight back. The Alliance is put through it's greatest test since it's founding, but can it retain its soul and the ideals they fought so long and hard to uphold? Will the darkness overtake the light? Will the Alpha and Beta Quadrants be the same when the dust settles?
Angel Ryder

Re: Security Measures

Post by Angel Ryder »

Angel poked her head in and rolled her eyes. "Marines always wanting to butt into Navy... really, it's just a check mark on the Enlistment padd. Navy or Marine. I know M comes before N..." she chuckled. "You do realize that most of our starships have extremely capable Security and tactical officers already. Not to mention they're all equipped with MIKIs that can take the brunt of the front line attack. Call it being a mother, but I'm not just throwing Marines into harm's way for the hell of it. Front line ships only and those tasked with planetary defense."
Vice Admiral Angelica "Angel" Ryder-Morris
CO 414th Engineering & Planetary Defense Fleet
Flagship: TAS Kitea
"Perky is as perky does."

Shrin

Post by Shrin »

"I didn't say your security forces couldn't handle it. But, they could help, and they will already be on the front lines when we need boots on the ground to smash things." Shrin countered.

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

"All i have to say is... when the bills come due... I'm coming to you." Angel said and glanced at Malcolm. "Still up to him for sign off but I'm not going to decommission any of my ships when the budgetary committee comes at me."

Shrin

Post by Shrin »

Shrin gave her a confused expression. Her antennae flicked trying to make sense. "These troops are already on the payroll. That bill comes due as you put it regardless if they are longung on the beach or serving on a ship helping look for the demon spawn, and their parents."

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

"We... kind of had pay increased for combat operations versus sitting around duty," Angel said with a slight wince. "If you're risking your ass you kind of deserve a bit more than if you're just sitting and playing laser tag in the barracks."

Shrin

Post by Shrin »

She shrugged, "You have my recommendation. The decision is yours and Mr. Foster's, but paying foe defense seems a minor price to pay. You don't want it? That's fine, we will sit our collective asses back on base getting fat and drunk. But, if you want a response to people that want us harm," she shrugged, "I guess you got your A.I.s, and maybe we ought to just disband the Corps all together."

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

"You didn't bury your future son in law's arms and legs because that was all they gave us." Angel said and sighed. "Fine, do it. But if an AI could have taken the brunt... remember this conversation."

Shrin

Post by Shrin »

Shrin smiled, and shook her head, "You are opposed? Fine, I'll not pressure you into something you aren't comfortable with." She stood, "Come Colonel, let's go home."