New Old Life

After the deaths of so many, it is time to rally and fight back. The Alliance is put through it's greatest test since it's founding, but can it retain its soul and the ideals they fought so long and hard to uphold? Will the darkness overtake the light? Will the Alpha and Beta Quadrants be the same when the dust settles?
Tali’Zorha

New Old Life

Post by Tali’Zorha »

Calhoun - Central Command Residence

For the first time in many years, Tali'Zorha was able to sleep soundly. No fear of being assaulted or taken for questioning or torture. She could actually let her guard down a little. Taking a hot water bath was a luxury she had not had in more years than she could count. Although she was a little taken aback by just how much dirt and sand and dust had come out in the water. Her skin actually felt soft again, a brush could actually be run through her hair without pulling it out by the roots. Looking in the mirror at herself, she sighed sadly, the last time she had been 'home' she was a young woman. She was far skinnier than she used to be, the last trip though the Pit sent her to a reality with a dark version of her son in law and her daughter.

It wasn't something she was quite prepared to tell her daughter just yet. They all seemed so happy that they found her again, plus the news of Kiera's pregnancy, she didn't want to bring down the spirits of her family. How she still could feel Jackson's hands on her arms as he forced himself on her, with the threat that Selene would murder her daughter and not simply a quick death, but a long, painful one. In that reality K'n'zy did not have Carly, in fact she had miscarried more than a half dozen times. Jackson grew tired of losing potential heirs and started to 'go to the source' as it were. What Jackson didn't know was that she had taken certain minerals that would prevent conception. It was helpful that she spent a lot of time with the old desert healers and 'witch doctors.

The clothes that Kinsey and Jack had given her were far nicer than anything she had worn in years, they were clean, unworn previously and actually soft. She still didn't quite understand the bra she was given, it had lace and straps and hooks, it looked pretty but she never quite wore anything like it before. It was actually 'engineered' not simply made from scraps of fabric for support. After a good twenty minutes of figuring out her clothes, she looked at herself in the mirror. The slacks were soft and light, yet felt more durable than even a good hide leather. The boots were like a cloud, with leather as soft as the pants. The silk blouse felt so luxurious against her skin. The leather jacket was soft and had plenty of pockets. Her hair had a bit of a curl and waves and she even experimented with some of the make up, opting for a simple application of lipstick and a little eyeliner, not quite as severe as she used to wear in her younger days, but she was not a young woman anymore. The skin colored foundation supposedly helped protect against the sun and other contaminants according to the label.

Tali walked out of her room and found her way to the large living space in Kiera and Zeke's condo. They were chatting and drinking and laughing about something when she walked in.

"Hi... I must say, I feel like some kind of queen in all this. I couldn't figure out that bra thing." Tali shrugged her shoulders. "Kinsey... you'll have to teach me a few things. Terran fashion is still a bit... confusing."
Tali'Zorha Calhoun
Presidential Intelligence Agent

Jack Ryder

Re: New Old Life

Post by Jack Ryder »

"My sister designed everything you're wearing, although my mum in law, Alice did design that bra." Jack said with a chuckle. "Y'look lovely though."

"Now we know where Kinsey gets it from." Zeke said and extended his hand to her. "Zeke Ryder. Course lately I'm Zeke of the House of Condacin... but from what Jack was saying, Condacins weren't exactly... the nicest folk back then huh?"

"Some were decent, but some... were not. You're bringing honor to the name, besides... your older counterpart seems like a strong leader, a good man." Tali replied and smiled at him. "So... I believe congratulations are in order? Nice to see Terrans can actually get things done."

"Oh we try... shoulda seen K'n'zy when we had our twins. I developed a serum that altered her blood chemistry to basically make it a bit less robust when it came to 'invaders' of Terran origin. Sicker than a dog for a few days, but... we had fraternal twins almost immediately. Although what I later learned was that continued exposure to Xenex and... intimate contact... helped make our body chemistry more compatible. Treatment isn't really needed anymore, but its worked wonders on a few other races. After all, Xenexians are quite rare now."

"But... we've gone from extinction in two generations to extinction in four. So it's improving, but still not quite as bad as it was." Zeke said as he handed Tali a bottle of homebrew. "Aunt Kinsey's special blend."

"Who taught you Kinsey?" Tali said as she took a tentative sip that turned into a bit more of a gulp. "This is actually really good. I used to brew my own because no one could get it right, but wow... I do hope you actually sell this."

"Sales of Homebrew actually support our government." Zeke chuckled. "We export it all over the place, but Kinsey's private reserve is only at select outlets."

"I actually got traded a motorcycle for a couple cases of this stuff, it's that sought after now." Jack said. "When we get to Terra Alpha I'll give it to you."

"Thanks... but seriously K'n'zy... who taught you? The ones I learned from were killed, that much I know." Tali inquired and swirled it around in the bottle as she took another sip.
Professor Jack Ryder
Mate to Kinsey Calhoun
Super Genius

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

“Chemistry class.” Kinsey smirked. “I use to be a scientist but I’m was only good at making alcohol.”

Tali’Zorha

Post by Tali’Zorha »

"I'm impressed." Tali said with a smile. "This is so much more than I expected. Prestigious family, a successful business, homebrew that doesn't make you blind... I just feel bad I wasn't there for you sooner. So... tell me how I can help you."
Tali'Zorha Calhoun

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

Kinsey glanced at Jack briefly as she tried to work through what exactly she was going to say. A part of her could imagine the destructive power the two of them could wield together. The other part wanted to just get to know the woman sitting before her. To be normal for a while as if Dominus and his forces weren't weighing on them.

"I can always use a babysitter." Kinsey joked. " For now lets worry about getting you settled in on Terra Alpha. Joe has an apartment over his bar if you don't mind helping him out on occasion. He has a hard time getting kegs from down stairs with his prosthetic legs but he tends a mean bar and he's far with his wages. If you're interested that is. I have a still setup in the back for brewing."

Tali’Zorha

Post by Tali’Zorha »

"Sounds like a familiar situation." Tali said with a smirk. "I've lived above bars most of my life. Probably why you took to being a brewer so naturally. In any case, it'll be good to get off world." she looked at her drink.
Tali'Zorha Calhoun

Jack Ryder

Post by Jack Ryder »

"Doesn't take a telepath to see you're rather haunted by this world." Jack said as he looked at her. "We'll make sure you're comfortable. Honestly... whatever you decide to do, we'll take care of you. Even if y'decide to be a barefoot hippie shamaness in the desert."

"As you Terrans say, been there done that. I quite rather have shoes thankyouverymuch..." Tali replied with a laugh. "But I do appreciate that. Especially since I fully intend on being a bad influence on your wife and children. Not that I really need to DO much... I get the impression your wife and children are already considered 'troublemakers'. Which you seem to take great joy in. Despite your attempt to appear all studious and serious."

"It's like you can read minds." Jack teased. "I've always been their biggest ally. So has my father. I think he's amused by our antics."
Professor Jack Ryder
Mate to Kinsey Calhoun
Super Genius

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

Kinsey chuckled softly, "Of course he is. I seriously doubt he would have put up with me other wise."

Jack Ryder

Post by Jack Ryder »

"I think dad enjoys it because he used to worry I'd never meet someone or that I'd be the 'nerd' that lived in a lab and never came up for air." Jack said with a half smile. "I'm still a nerd that lives in a lab, but you and the kids find some way of getting me out of there. Usually that come hither smile and your bum seem to do it." he whispered to Kinsey and pecked her cheek.

"You two are both adorable and gross at the same time." Zeke chuckled and wrapped his arms around Keira. "So Tali... I hope you'll visit now and again? It would be kind of helpful to know a bit more about those other Xenex's you've been to since we're trying to reforge this planet into something new."

"I'll gladly consult from Terra Alpha... for a fee. That's one thing I've learned... get compensated for your knowledge." Tali replied and sipped her homebrew. "But I think my energies are going to be better spent getting to know my family. And... rebuilding a life for myself on my own terms. I'm sure you've found out by now young Zeke, that us Xenexian women are incredibly independent and yet we like having a support network around us."

"All too well." Zeke agreed. "It's what I think my uncle Jack and I love most about them."

"Aye." Jack smiled and nodded his head. "Independent yet knowing someone has their back, always seems to put a smile on their face. Although I think Kinsey and Kiera enjoy having a willing accomplice, getting into trouble is more fun with someone else. Could be why we're back in the spy game. Still, it's the family business."
Professor Jack Ryder
Mate to Kinsey Calhoun
Super Genius

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

“I just enjoy corrupting you.” Kinsey said as she smiled at Jack and took hold of his hand. “We’re far better together then apart.”