Heirs

After the deaths of so many, it is time to rally and fight back. The Alliance is put through it's greatest test since it's founding, but can it retain its soul and the ideals they fought so long and hard to uphold? Will the darkness overtake the light? Will the Alpha and Beta Quadrants be the same when the dust settles?
Kat Donovan

Re: Heirs

Post by Kat Donovan »

Megdeline repeated the same ceremony with Simon. The children were handed off to the other Narlin adults. "Trinity Daughter of Nathan and Katherine Daughter of Sean step forward."

The Narlin priestess raised her arms in adulation and started to sing again. This time it was a slow mournful tune. As she sang she dipped her forefinger into the paint and drew wings across both sides of Trinity's face, and the head of a wolf across Kat's face.

"Narla now recognizes Trinity of the Raven sept and Katherine of the Wolf sept. You now have names and the mo'thiel can find you when you die and lead you to the Summer Lands. You have shed your Human skin, and become a Narlin tonight. The Princess and her brother are in danger. They have far too many enemies for someone that is so young. They cannot live on Talaria, nor can they live in the Narlin settlement. Trinity of the Raven sept, and Katherine of the Wolf sept you are named Stewards of House Stormtalon. Henceforth you shall be their family and guardians. You will answer the call of banners when the House is under attack. An attack upon your House is an attack upon your person."

https://terra-alpha-alliance.fandom.com/wiki/Mo%27thiel

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

"We will defend them with our lives." Trinity said with a solemn bow of her head. She looked at Kat and knew that the former Ajem'dasis, the former enemy was now a sister in arms. Although it did feel a bit... odd being out in the woods mostly naked with two strange aliens but for the first time since her return, she felt protected.
Colonel Trinity Morris-Talon
XO Marine 82nd Voluntary Infantry Division

Kat Donovan

Post by Kat Donovan »

Medeline started her chant again while the sole man with the stag skull mask began to speak, "Narla, the Winged Goddess and her consort the Thalos the Horned One are represted as the Raven and Stag. The moon and the sun. There is no mother without the father, and while the mother's love and gifts are unending, the father's wrath is swift and sure. Never forget the three fold rule. What you put into the world will come in return three fold... for good or ill. Walk with Thalos in your journey to protect your charges, for the future of our people rest on you."

The High Priestess and her consort started to dance around the as drums beat out a steady beat. Chants of blessing from the the other Narlins filled the night sky.

Golondra Windrunner

Post by Golondra Windrunner »

The ceremony had dissolved into a celebration. Several of the Narlins had pulled out instruments and started playing soft tunes. Even the men of the ranch had been invited to join. Tables were set up and food was laid out upon them.

Golondra approached Trinity and handed her a mug of mead. She had shed her ceremonial armor, and replaced it with a black heavy-metal band t-shirt and distressed blue jeans. The Narlin bowed her head, "Milady. I hope you know what this means for you and your friend." She glanced at Donovan and nodded, "As the heir's guardian that makes you regent of the Empire until the princess reaches the age of majority. A non-Narlin had never held this position. Not even a Hylon."
Lady Golondra Windrunner
28th Countess of O'Granell
Earldom of O'Granell
Talaria

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

"I... didn't realize that came with it." Trinity said, rather surprised at the revelation. "It's still an honor I am willing to bear. I must say though... that does bring up something I was going to ask about. Given the state of the Narlin Empire, what CAN we do to help? Kalia won't stop talking about how much she thinks about your people during the wargames. And my grandfather and my mother in law were great friends to Emperor Stormtalon. I guess what I'm trying to say is... as a regent of the Empire... what can I do to help?"

Golondra Windrunner

Post by Golondra Windrunner »

Golondra shrugged, "That is up to you. As regent you weild the powers of Empress. You may do as you wish. I will advise if you would have me, but ultimately the decision is yours. You are the Lady's sept. Ravens are the children of Narla." She glanced at Donovan, "And Wolf milady is the sept of Theila, the Goddess Warrior. No creature is more loyal and dangerous than the wolf. You are to be at the Lady Regent's side in all things. That is the way of things."
Lady Golondra Windrunner
28th Countess of O'Granell
Earldom of O'Granell
Talaria

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

"Well this raven considers this wolf to be a sister in every sense of the word. She may not feels she deserves it, but that means it's deserved all the more." Trinity said as she took Kat's hand. "We will protect the twins as we have been and will continue to until there's not a spark of life in us and perhaps even beyond, if that is the will of the Iljuna. Although I kind of think those two will be dealing with us watching them for a very very long time. " she chuckled lightly. "Watch... my own children will probably date one of them. Although given how big they're both getting and how short I am... it'll be interesting to see. Oh that's right... I never told you... I'm about two weeks pregnant. Ethan and I worked fast after I got home. The Sandoval and Ryder and Morris clan is going to get just a bit bigger. And... I think my mother is already considering the twins here part of the family. There's a crate of clothes made for growing Narlin babies that arrived this morning."

Kat Donovan

Post by Kat Donovan »

"Aye, we'll need it to be sure," Kat said with a smirk. "An congratulations lass." She looked up from Simon and looked around as if it had been the first time. After a moment she let out a long sigh, "I think for now we should no speak of the wee bairns' parentage. The last thing we need is a civil war. Emporor Stormrage isn't who I would choose to lead the Empire, but the alternative is no to appealing ya ken." She looked at Golondra, and then to Megdeline and raised an eyebrow.

Golondra nodded, "Yeah, they are related. She's his Aunt, but she doesn't support Dahlan Stormrage. She refused to perform the coronation, and so he essentially crowned himself. It isn't without precedence of course, but the last time and Emperor took the throne without the blessing of Narla was 1,500 years ago."