Rebuilding Bella

After the deaths of so many, it is time to rally and fight back. The Alliance is put through it's greatest test since it's founding, but can it retain its soul and the ideals they fought so long and hard to uphold? Will the darkness overtake the light? Will the Alpha and Beta Quadrants be the same when the dust settles?
Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Rebuilding Bella

Post by Nick Ryder »

The sounds of a buzzing office could be heard through Nick's partially open office door. The Alpha Section offices were in full swing, his people were getting themselves set up within the other government's intelligence communities, making deals, sharing information and ensuring that if Dominus even popped his head out around a doorway, there'd be someone that would see him and notify the others. Plus, they had close to two hundred watch listed people they were keeping tabs on. Alliance SHIELD was doing what they could, but it did help having another agency handling some of the load. Even though they worked with other agencies they were technically independent, but it was decided that Malcolm Foster would handle their oversight.

"Reminds me of the bullpen at the London Dispatch or the Cardiff Courier." Malcolm said as he knocked on Nick's door.

"Yeah it's actually pretty amazing how quickly we were able to get up and running. Decker was shockingly helpful with letting me cruise their candidate lists of people that may have fallen through the cracks or rather that applied but didn't get hired for one reason or another." Nick replied and gestured to the tea cups and hot pot in the corner. "Help yourself."

"Thank you... I may actually do that." Malcolm replied as he walked over and prepared a tea infuser with some loose tea from a jar. "I'm worried about Isabella, you and she were always close. Think you could maybe... find something for her to sink her teeth into?"

"As a friend or as her former boss?" Nick inquired.

"Both." Malcolm said and leaned against the wall. "The attack really shattered her, she only really opens up with Jon, but everyone else she's keeping at arm's length. It's been a week since she's been out of the chair, but she's just... T'Kir thinks that she needs to fight someone. Course, that's usually her go to."

"Hey, you married the Romulan assassin..." Nick chuckled lightly. "They aren't easy to live with, even after they've hung up the sniper rifle and put the daggers into a drawer, they still have that 'violence is therapy' mindset. I suppose we could find something, someone that even if it goes completely fubar it won't matter." he hummed and took a sip of his coffee. "I might have something. I'll call her here, say I want her to try something the new chef prepared, which isn't a lie, I'm not entirely sure if I like him. Need her opinion. Then... I take her on a tour, happen to have an open mission dossier and see what happens."

"And if she doesn't murder you first..." Malcolm teased.

"Nah, she wouldn't. She was my secretary for how long? She put up with a lot sneakier shit from me." NIck said as he reclined in his desk chair. "By the way, Alice keeps asking when I'm going to have some of the 'old team' over for dinner. You and T'Kir are always welcome here." Nick looked at a picture of the whole group on his desk. "Why does it feel like a million years ago?"

"Aye... but y'seem happier boss." Malcolm said with a kind smile. "Truly. It always seemed like it took Alice to practically seduce you to get to relax."

"She gave me a lot of purpose..." NIck replied and smiled. "I think she misses the old place, but she hasn't complained about this new home since she saw how big I made her bathroom and closets. And the rooftop rose garden... I find her there in the middle of night, smile on her face." he sighed. "Let's figure out how to get Bella's mojo back. These first ladies... they kinda deserve it. They put up with a lot."
Nicholas "Nick" Ryder-Huntington
Husband, Father, Inventor, Maker, Defender
Former President, Founder Alpha Quadrant Alliance

Isabella price

Re: Rebuilding Bella

Post by Isabella price »

Bella pulled an arrow from her quiver and knocked it in her bow. Taking a deep breath she pulled back on the string pulling it tight. Finding her mark she let the arrow fly down rang where it sank deep into the target.

The arrow landed off center, again. Ever since the attack she hadn’t been able to hit a single mark she aimed for. She could feel her father’s eyes on her assessing, judging. She never missed and now she always did.

“You know you don’t have to babysit me. I already promised 50 people I wouldn’t go after Bartyn. Pinky swears were even involved. Go do something intelish.” Bella said as she pulled another arrow from her quiver.
First Lady Isabella Price

Clint Cross

Post by Clint Cross »

"I'm just tryin' to figure out how to retrain you." Clint said as he watched her. "You keep missing." he muttered and hummed as he sketched a few things out on a piece of paper. "I wonder... maybe we need to rebuild your gear. Weight things differently, new grip... different arrow fins. Or it's all up there." he pointed to her head. "Like it's trying to miss, trying to protect you from thinking you're still the same badass you were."

"Or she needs something to sink her teeth into." Nick said as he walked down the steps. "I come bearing gifts." he held up two large shopping bags. "Alice got just buried with tea. We found a new tea merchant and he dropped off a literal ton of this stuff." he had a couple of padds in his jacket that the let drop to the floor and slide in front of Bella. "So how you doing?" he put the bags down and gave her a hug. "You do know the offer still stands to hang out at the Club with me. I've got a dozen teenage girls that practically wear out their 'Bella Price - MY President' t-shirts that some street vendor started selling."
Director Clint Cross
Naval Intelligence
Codename: Hawkeye/Hawkguy

Isabella price

Post by Isabella price »

“I’m not really in the mood for fan girls.” Bella said as she picked up the pads and handed them back to Nick. “Not smooth by the way. I’m not an agent and I’m not ready even if I wanted to.”

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"These? Oh they're just some cases I wanted an opinion on." Nick said with a smile. "Actually one of them is your father in law. He evaded the Imperium again and we found him in New Scotland, apparently he's been making some not so kosher deals. How that man got elected to as many terms as he did, but then again... how many end up richer than they came in?" he shrugged his shoulders. "I mean I had a nice tidy nest egg, enough to keep me comfortable for the rest of my life if I so chose to retire. Now... I blew most of it on a new state of the art intelligence agency and my wife is supporting the household." he handed her another padd. "He screwed over a couple of orphanages too. In your name i might add."

Isabella price

Post by Isabella price »

“Fucker.” Bella said in anger as she looked over the pad and then handed it to her father. “How would you feel about assassinating the extended family? Jon won’t mind.”

Clint Cross

Post by Clint Cross »

"He's still got diplomatic immunity... for now." Clint replied as he glanced at it. "New Fuckin' Scotland gave him a job." he rolled his eyes. "I think this is a job for Isabella Cross, finder out of bullshit." he handed it back to her. "You need a project and besides, smackin' around your father in law might feel good."

"We need proof of who he's dealing with and where it's going." Nick said and put his hand on her shoulder. "You CAN say no, but seriously... it gives you something to do that may result in some ass kicking and Jon's dad is a major dick that needs to be taken down."

"And you don't even have to hit a bullseye on the mark. I mean you aim for his heart and hit his shoulder, that's good enough." Clint said with a wink. "Or you can switch to a smart gun."
Director Clint Cross
Naval Intelligence
Codename: Hawkeye/Hawkguy

Isabella price

Post by Isabella price »

“Coming from someone who once told me smart guns were for pussies.” Bella said as she knocked an arrow and let it fly toward the target. The arrow landed dead center but Bella still looked disappointed. “I think I’m done for the day. I’ll pass the intel
Along to the president and see what he wants to do.”

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

Nick cleared his throat. "You really think Jon is going to say anything other than 'do it Bella'?" he cocked his head. "Hey you're ranked only just a scooch below me in terms of running shit. Besides... I send someone from Alpha Section or SHIELD, they're going to make a whole thing out of it. Besides, admit it... you've been bored out of your skull and need someone to take it out on. Who better than an embezzler and a cheat and his cronies?"

Kassie Kaine-Calhoun

Post by Kassie Kaine-Calhoun »

"And he was totally looking down my blouse when he came around that one time." Kassie said as she walked over. "Hey former boss. Boss lady... Jon told me to tell you that you will 'and I quote' make my father's life a living, bloody hell. I can think of no better person to hunt his slimey arse down and hang him by his bollocks.' End quote."

"Seriously?" Clint raised an eyebrow.

"Seriously. How do you think Nick got the intel about old man Price?" Kassie said, "Passed it by him, then it passed to Nicole at the Mount, then it's passed to Nick and now milady Bella... it passes to you. I can help you if you like. Cece's got Jon in meetings all day."
Kassandra "Ka'h'zy" Kaine-Calhoun
Price Administration - Xenexian Delegate