State Visit

After the deaths of so many, it is time to rally and fight back. The Alliance is put through it's greatest test since it's founding, but can it retain its soul and the ideals they fought so long and hard to uphold? Will the darkness overtake the light? Will the Alpha and Beta Quadrants be the same when the dust settles?
Cece Ryder

Re: State Visit

Post by Cece Ryder »

"Of course officially we don't condone cold blooded killing, but when it comes to Dominus and the Scions of Sol... it's them or you." Cece said and cleared her throat. "At least say they made the first move. Last thing we need are protestors. Jon makes a comment about how, in jest, teachers who tell their students that the Imperium lost because they were dumb should be smacked with history books... we had 40 angry teachers thinking Jon condoned violence against teachers. And I had to be the one to keep them from getting past the front door."

"Well they should be bloody smacked. Imperium and Terra Alpha are two sides of the same coin, made of the same stuff, just different faces. The Imperium ended when Julie Lei sent assassins to pretty much kill those who were on the extreme side of things." Jon cleared his throat. "Dozens were killed because they toed Tiberius' line, not her's. I still believe in freedom. And the right to choose. Even if it's a bloody awful idea."

"Unless they're Dominus' rapey goons." Cece cocked her head.

"Unless they're Dominus' rapey goons then yes... they made a choice... freely... to be idiots" Jon said and took a sip of water.
Carly "Cece" Calhoun-Ryder
Nanny/Bodyguard/Tech Support

Dalahn Stormrage

Post by Dalahn Stormrage »

Stormrage raised an eyebrow at the exchange. "I will call up the NDF," he said. "Mr. President I will transfer our ships and troops under your command. Do with them as you wish, but do not needlessly sacrifice them."
Emperor Dalahn Stormrage
Lord of Tamerale
King of the Five Kingdoms,
Emporor of the Narlin Empire,
Protector of the Weak, and Defender of the Faith.

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

"They're lives, we honor that." Angel said. "We don't send lives out needlessly, if they don't have a good prospect of safe return, we've got other... options at our disposal." she said and drew a sleek phaser from under her skirt and shot a Marine standing at the door. "Sorry 494." she winced.

"Way to out me ma'am." the Marine said as he reformed the damage he sustained.

"After how many Marine guards we've lost... between Jackson, K'n'zy... walking into intakes." Angel rolled her eyes. "Point is... when we lose good men and women... we replace them in other ways."
Vice Admiral Angelica "Angel" Ryder-Morris
CO 414th Engineering & Planetary Defense Fleet
Flagship: TAS Kitea
"Perky is as perky does."

Dalahn Stormrage

Post by Dalahn Stormrage »

"It makes war cheap," Stormrage said with a frown. "If your army doesn't have a sould then you can freely sacrifice them."
Emperor Dalahn Stormrage
Lord of Tamerale
King of the Five Kingdoms,
Emporor of the Narlin Empire,
Protector of the Weak, and Defender of the Faith.

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

"Some of my AI rights advocates would beg to differ." Angel said with a shrug of her shoulders. "BECKI, the AI system my father and uncle designed, she's been in operation longer than I've been alive, she's evolved and created 'child' AI systems based on her code. With multiple... parents. Our Military Intelligence Kinetic Interface system, or MIKI, have been used to in numerous military operations. Some of them even used in the liberation of Canada during the Tiberius reign. We won't completely replace our military with AI, but if there's an option when it's either a suicide mission or send in an AI, we're going to send in the AI. No different than when governments used to send drones to attack targets when they knew it would be shot down by an enemy force. Why lose a priceless pilot when you can just lose expensive hardware?"
Vice Admiral Angelica "Angel" Ryder-Morris
CO 414th Engineering & Planetary Defense Fleet
Flagship: TAS Kitea
"Perky is as perky does."