Hacksaw to the Family Tree

After the deaths of so many, it is time to rally and fight back. The Alliance is put through it's greatest test since it's founding, but can it retain its soul and the ideals they fought so long and hard to uphold? Will the darkness overtake the light? Will the Alpha and Beta Quadrants be the same when the dust settles?
Dominus

Hacksaw to the Family Tree

Post by Dominus »

Sol System -- Aboard Dominus Flagship - Dominator

--

"Do they see us?" A bridge officer whispered to one of the science officers on the bridge.

"Nope, this cloak we've got, we're just slightly out of phase with reality, we can roll up to Earth, take a shit on the Emperor's front lawn and disappear before the smell hits his nose." the science officer said with a chuckle.

"Something amusing gentlemen?" Dominus said as he stood behind them.

"Just marveling at your tech boss." the science officer replied. "So do you really plan to hit Earth?"

"Oh no, nothing quite so dramatic, this is purely a quick surgical strike, one I and my daughter will perform and WILL EXPECT this crew to be ready to move when I give the command." Dominus said as he gripped both men's shoulders. "I will abide by no laziness or inaction when the time comes. If this goes off well... then the bridge crew can avail themselves to the slave pits and pick one... partner... for the weekend to do as they wish. As reward."

"Anyone in the slave pit?" the bridge officer raised an eyebrow.

"Anyone. And as you wish means... anything goes. They are slaves after all, they have little value other than their labor or their... pleasure." Dominus said with a chuckle. "BUT... failure means you lose your status as officers and you join the slave pits and those that DID do their jobs, well... it's either fuck... or BE fucked." he cocked his head. "We launch the mission in 30 minutes."

--

Meanwhile on Earth --

Emperor Lei was sitting with his wife, Lucy, in the Oval Office going over a few padds.

"I really think we need to remodel the nursery, put in more security and have a full time nurse nearby." Lucy said as she handed him the padd she was reading. "After all, I'm giving birth at my age... there are bound to be complications."

"You worry too much Lucy... the baby will be healthy as will you." Kai said gently as he kissed her cheek. "You passed through that 'fountain of youth' as well as your former Captain besides, that body is not the body of a woman nearing her first century... even pregnant my love... you are still a wonder."

"You just say that because you want me to do what I did last night again tonight don't you?" Lucy teased.

"Perhaps or perhaps I love and adore you more and more with each passing day. My mother, rest her dark soul, may have done you wrong, but I pledged to do right by you for the rest of both our lives." Kaikoa said and put the padd on the coffee table. "BUT... as much as I love you... a full time nurse is excessive."

"Part time then?" Lucy batted her eyelashes at him.

"On call. We do not have the budget like we used to, rebuilding the planet has been expensive and the capable man power that we need is already getting stretched thin. Plus it has been nearly 6 years since any of the colleges graduated any healers."

"As if Doctors just appear out of nowhere." Lucy sighed and nodded her head. "Hence why I was kept and given those lovely explosive bracelets."

"So my dear... shall we get you something to eat?" Kai said as he stood up and took her hand. "I'm sure you're hungry... eating for three after all."

"Who would have thought... the Lei line would continue with me." Lucy giggled lightly and kissed his cheek. "And I am starving... the girls and I spent most of the morning doing that newscast. Pity that Kalia won't return my calls."

"Kalia is Kalia... when we don't speak to each other, we don't speak to each other for months at a time. Then she won't shut up. Trust me, this will pass. She's probably just busy running Marines." Kai replied and looked out the window. "Mother hurt her and I added to it, she's enjoying her life on Terra Alpha. Probably thriving more there than she would here. Just so you know... when we have our children, they should take your last name, not mine. Lineas at least isn't as well known as Lei. May save them a lifetime of hardship."

"Or you could end the little bastards right here and now." A booming voice said as a transporter beam cut through the ceiling and deposited Dominus in the center of the room. "Good day Emperor Lei... Doctor Lineas." he said and flexed his hand which crackled with electricity. "I think there are quite enough Leis in the universe... we don't need two more."

"Dominus you son of a bitch... leave now or I swear I will..." Kaikoa said before he was blasted with an intense bolt of energy which pushed him against his desk.

"No swearing... not in front of the lady." Ophelia said with a giggle as she followed her father in. "Always wondered if it was really Oval." she mused and looked at Lucy. "This won't take but a minute." she in a polite, almost cordial tone of voice.

"Get... away from... her." Kai said as he staggered to get up.

"Oh please, she can't defend herself?" Ophelia said with a slight laugh. "C'mon old woman... defend yourself, are you strong enough to take me down?"

Lucy looked around the room for a weapon, but lunged at her and struck her across the face with her fist.

"Not a bad left hook there Doctor. Not bad for a healer... do no harm... but I suppose sometimes you have to knock a patient the fuck out hmm?" Ophelia said and cocked her head slightly. "If you would have actually knocked me out I may have spared you this." she threw a capsule at her, which enveloped her mid section and released a liquid metal that almost seemed alive. "A little... project of mine." tapping a small stud on her bracelet the metal contracted around her and made a sound which resembled a transporter beam. "There... all done." the metal rolled down and pooled at her feet before contracting back into a capsule form which Ophelia retrieved with the Iljuna.

"What... what happened..." Lucy felt her stomach, it was flat... toned and muscular even. "What... what did you do? Where are my babies?"

"Oh... those things... gone. I created a micro temporal field inside of a transporter field. Beamed out your entire reproductive system, eggs, tubes, uterus, the whole works. Woman of your age shouldn't even have them anyway... I did you a favor. Even toned up your muscles again." Ophelia said coldly. "Good luck siring another set of spawn Emperor... according to my scanner contacts... you're as sterile as a hospital operating room. Last of the Lei's... "

"Don't you love how children can take a hacksaw to a family tree?" Dominus said proudly. "That's all we came to do. Come along Ophelia." he snapped his fingers and beamed out. Leaving Kaikoa and Lucy clinging to each other, tears in their eyes, in shock at the sudden loss of their new family and any future children they may ever sire together.

"That bastard just declared war." Kai said as he clenched his fists so hard the skin on his palms bled. "Get me a line to President Foster."

--

Dominus returned to the bridge of his flagship and kissed Ophelia on the cheek. "You did well my child. Now... Phase two."

Ophelia nodded her head and took her place at the XO chair and looked at the viewscreen. "Helm, set a course for Mars, maintain cloak and send a message to our allies. It's time to strike."
Lord Dominus

Tereska Kellow

Re: Hacksaw to the Family Tree

Post by Tereska Kellow »

Terra Alpha - Capitol City - Leo's Blues Club

Teri was relaxing on one of the lounge chairs near the fireplace. Young James Cross was sitting across from her working on a PADD. There was a tray with a pitcher of non alcoholic strawberry daiquiris between them.

"So James... you know a boy your age should really be playing with kids his age." Teri mused. "Not hanging out in a blues club with spies and time displaced doctors." she chuckled and took a sip of her drink.

"I know... but this is what I do. Don't really fit in with other kids my age anymore... I was part of a group of genetically altered and artificially grown 'children'. Wasn't until Kinsey rescued me and Selene and Clint adopted me that I felt like a normal kid. Still... I kinda miss my old friends. Emperor Kai was always nice to me." he glanced at another device that was beeping. "Huh... speak of the devil as the say."

"Who is it?" Teri inquired.

"Kaikoa Lei." James said and groaned. "Dammit, I did it again, I took Bella's comm again, I really need to put mine in a different case." he tapped the answer button. "Thank you for calling Bella Price's comm... this is James Cross, her little brother."

"Half Round?" Kai chuckled. "You really need to put your comm in another case. I need to speak to your brother in law, the President. It is urgent."

"Lucy?" Teri saw Lucy crying on a couch behind Kaikoa. "Pardon me... is there something wrong with Lucy?"

"Te... Tereska?" Lucy's voice cracked and took the comm from Kai. "Teri... Dominus... that... that monster. He... he killed my babies. Sterilized me and Kai and... and I fear he's not done..."

"We are declaring war on Dominus... we need to speak with your government. It may be time to form a formal alliance." Kaikoa said firmly.

"Well in the meantime... Alpha Section. We have an operative near Earth." James said as he tapped on his padd. "I'm pretty sure Jon and Bella and Nick won't mind if you contact that asset."

"Who is it?" Kai asked.

"Arisu Lei and a few others." James replied and shrugged his shoulders. "We keep it intentionally vague, but y'know, she is kinda your aunt, you should know she's like... nearby."

Teri picked up her own communicator and called the President's office. "Kassie? It's Teri... we need to talk to Jon now. It's a.. uhm... what was a planetary emergency called in code?"

"Dominus?" Kassie winced. "Not the code but... it's Dominus right?"

"Yeah, how did you know?" Teri inquired.

"Because he just broadcast across the Quadrant. Turn on a viewer." Kassie said.

"Turn on a screen!" Teri called out and there was Dominus and Ophelia standing on the bridge of a starship.

"People of the Alpha Quadrant. I am Lord Dominus, this is my daughter, Lady Ophelia. We are your new Lords and masters. All governments have one hour to pledge fealty to me and accept my rule over your worlds. Or my forces will end you. All of you." Dominus said as he changed the view. "This is Mars. Utopia Planetia shipyards. Ancient and tactical at the same time. This... will be your homeworlds if you do not obey me." he snapped his fingers.

Instantly a pair of Brethren ships appeared and hit the planet with powerful energy beams, causing the planet to rock and crack from within until an explosion from the old shipyards, blew a massive chunk of the planet off.

"Mars... is now dead. It is no longer habitable, the ore we extracted will power our vessels and our weapons... you have one hour. No further loss of life will occur if you pledge your lives to me. I am your God now. And God is vengeful if he is denied." Dominus said and put his hand on a clock. "59 minutes. Tick tock."
Lt. Col. Tereska "Teri" Kellow
Marine Medical Officer Out of Time and Space

Bellatrix

Post by Bellatrix »

The image switched and was replaced by a darkened bridge. A pair of figures stepped out of the darkness Bellatrix and Ian stared into the camera expressionless.

"I am Lady Bellatrix, and my son Ian. We have sworn fealty to Lord Dominus, and you shall swear your fealty to us as well. Mars for you Terra Alphans is too far away, and not populated enough for Lord Dominus' point to be carried home. In World War II the Americans didn't stop with Hiroshima, they underscored their point with Nagasaki."

Bellatrix nodded, and the screen switched to an exterior shot of a green planet slowly spinning. As a voice over Bellatrix continued, "Gorvan Prime. The Narlin Empire's primary manufacturing and and military industrial production location. Including the Empire's ship building capabilities. 1.6 billion inhabitants," she added as if that were an inconsequential number.

Like with Mars a pair of Brethern ships decloaked and fired on the planet. The Vindicator joined in, and soon the crust buckled and the seismic energy released tore the planet apart in a brilliant explosion. Before the destruction had faded the image switched back to Dominus.
Lady Bellatrix of the Ajem'dasis
Consort of Dominus

Dominus

Post by Dominus »

"As you can see, we cannot be stopped. We are your Masters now." Dominus said and looked directly in to the camera. "You have less than an hour to decide, is today the last day of your lives or... do you pledge yourselves to me and have a chance? Mars and Gorvan Prime gave us what we need to launch attacks on all major capitols. The moment of your extinction will come when I decide it." he pointed to the screen behind him. "Earth, Terra Alpha, Trill, Xenex, Vulcan, Andor, Taleria, Bajor... one of you may be next. We do not have a home world you can strike, because... you will all be 'our' homeworlds. Even if you target my flagship, you will not stop me. Unless you pledge yourselves to me and as a sign of good faith, turn over your highest ranking military commander to me, if any action is taken against me, I will use them to end your world." he glanced at his watch. "55 minutes. Instructions are in your data burst packets.'
Lord Dominus

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

Rebecca burst into Jon's office to protests from the outside. She was half dressed into her old unfiform, jacket over her arm, and shoving hait pins into a sloppy bun. "Jon you have to stall for time. You need to swear me in and make me the fleet admiral."

"Like hell you will!" Ethan roared from the door shoving a hapless bystander to side. His face red with anger. "You have a son and a daughter to take care of!"

Rebecca glared back at Ethan, "Stay out of this son. It doesn't concern you."

"Doesn't concern me?" Ethan demanded incredulously. "Doesn't concern me? I know what it's like to lose a mother. I lost you now twice before, and I was a teenager when I lost you the first time, not a child."

Rebecca leveled her gaze on Ethan, "General you are dismissed. I am still Secretary of the Navy, and you will leave this office immediately."

Ethan looked like he'd been stung by a wasp, and in a huff he turned and marched out of the office. Rebecca sighed a tear in the corner of her eye. "I am the only one you have with Jase'dasis training that Dominus will accept."

Cece Ryder

Post by Cece Ryder »

Cece pushed her way into the office and shook her head. "You swear her back in, you're finding a new Chief of Staff." she said and put her badge on his desk. "I'll go. I'm single. I'm sterile. And I am older than you." she reached out and snatched the kilden from under Becca's jacket. "And I'm telekinetic. Plus I'm technically his grand daughter. You're his bed buddy's doppleganger. Last time you got selfless... we got Ethan."
Carly "Cece" Calhoun-Ryder
Nanny/Bodyguard/Tech Support

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"It also doesn't make sense," Rebecca countered. "Dominus isn't an idiot. He'll suspect something if I go, and I have held this position, you have not. Mr. President you have two choices only. Send me or send Admiral Tomrah, but you will need her to maintain your chain of command. I am the most expendable option, and with my Jase'dasis training I should be able to resist his interrogations. I am the best option."

Cece Ryder

Post by Cece Ryder »

"Then send us both." Cece countered. "In no version of the futures I've seen has Dominus ever come to power, not like this... although I may as well say it, we did lose Mars and Gorvan Prime in at least three futures I've seen. Mars because the Imperium dared the Klingons. Gorvan Prime because the Brethren but for another reason, honestly no one really knew 'why', just that they showed up and blasted the hell out of it." she shook her head. "Dominus will keep me alive because I'm not someone he can just fuck and kill. And this Ophelia... this daughter of theirs is incredibly powerful. I may be able to use that. No offense Rebecca, but your parents weren't murderous manipulators who encouraged you from the time you could barely walk to use your powers to hurt people. They know you've got compassion. They'll use that against you."

"I am not sending either of you... this is bloody insane." Jon replied. "As if he's going to abide by this, he's just strutting and he's going to do whatever he damn well feels like. No matter who we send. I'm sending V'Pier. He's a Changling, so he should be immune to whatever Dominus can throw at him and he can look like anyone. Plus... Nicholas informs me that V'Pier's got enough 'good' intel to share with him."

"And if other governments won't 'play' with Dominus, we're going to need you two here." V'Pier said as he shifted from the form of a guard into his usual 'silver fox' look. "Besides, I'm ancient... I've saved this galaxy more than once maybe it's time you solids did some heavy lifting for once."

"So we're actually 'pledging' ourselves to Dominus?" Cece put her hands on her hips.

"What other choice do any of us have...?" Jon replied. "As if we're going to just let him rule us. We'll find some way to stop him. But admit it... things look bad."

"Then send me. Please... but don't send Rebecca. Or V'Pier. Honestly all three of us will make him suspect something." Cece said as she looked at Rebecca.
Carly "Cece" Calhoun-Ryder
Nanny/Bodyguard/Tech Support

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"We'll be going as well," Mattis announced with a Hylon general at his side. "But, you have to promise that this is only a stall tactic and not capitulation, or I swear I'll defect to Dominus out of spite." He said with a smirk.

Rebecca held up both hands in defeat, and dropped heavily in a nearby chair. She stilled her shaking hands by folding them into her lap with her head hung low. "It is if I have anything to say about it," she said softly.

"Good. Then it's settled. Myself, General Kerstav, and V'Pier will turn ourselves over." He turned to Ethan, "You think Colonel Lei is ready to lead the 82nd?"

Ethan cleared his throat, "Yes sir."

"Good. I am promoting her to Brigadier General, and I want you to take command of the Third Corps. Congratulations Major General."

"But, I'm malitia," Ethan replied dumbfounded.

"Consider yourself recalled to active duty General."

Ethan nodded and saluted. He gave his mom a nod and was gone. Rebecca signed. that was at least something, corps commanders didn't generally go into the field. He would at least be safe.

"V'Pier I believe you should pose as me. Dominus wants the highest ranking military commanders. You are many things my friend, but you are not one of those, and we need to maintain our chain of command as much as possible, and you're going to need this," she said shoving the uniform jacket towards V'Pier. "It won't do for Dominus to rip your clothes off for them to revert into a gelatinous state on the floor."

Victor Pier

Post by Victor Pier »

"Been a while since I've been a woman." V'Pier said as he shifted into Rebecca's form and looked at himself in the reflection in the window. "At least you're hardly a girly girl. Bigger set of bollocks on you than Dominus I'd wager." he chuckled lightly. "In the meantime, you stay in the shadows only those of us in this room know the truth. Not even Nicholas should know for certain, because Dominus will use him as the barometer, if Nicholas is ready to mount a rescue party, then he'll know he's got the real deal. If he's all laid back about it he'll know somethings up. Even though I have duplicated you as closely as I can even if he were to open me up." V'Pier made his point by taking the kilden that Cece had in her hand and sliced open his gut revealing organs and blood and tissue. "I can maintain a shape this complex for a very long time and parts of me that come off will remain at least as long as I concentrate on it. Although if anyone tries to use me... my orifices can grow fucking fangs. We do have our dignity after all."
Director Victor Pier
Aka: V'Pier