Hacksaw to the Family Tree

After the deaths of so many, it is time to rally and fight back. The Alliance is put through it's greatest test since it's founding, but can it retain its soul and the ideals they fought so long and hard to uphold? Will the darkness overtake the light? Will the Alpha and Beta Quadrants be the same when the dust settles?
Jonathan Price

Re: Hacksaw to the Family Tree

Post by Jonathan Price »

"I am really not on board with any of this but if we must do this... then everyone, be careful. Rebecca, I want you to stay here in the Compound, you have everything you need to stay off the grid. I am sure Nick would have no problems with you living in his old sub level lab. Only you probably understand half the equipment in there anyway." Jon said and looked at Cece. "Get the Press Corps, inform them we'll make a statement in 30 minutes. Before Dominus' deadline. Mattis, you have a half hour to prep. V'Pier, I do not know how we will be able to thank you for what you're going to be doing..."

"I'll find a way. I could always use a little more budget." V'Pier said with a sly wink as he shifted back to his normal form and scanned Becca with a tricorder. "Just so I know exactly what I'm duplicating, a millennia of copying solids, I've gotten quite good at it when I know what I'm copying." he handed her a small device. "Something Nicholas and I developed. Phase shift device. If things get dicey activate it, it'll cover about twenty miles, enough to protect the capitol, puts the entire area into an altered dimensional phase. It's a dangerous device, since it could trap everyone in another dimension with no way of returning, but it's worth the risk to save more lives, since you know the Brethren will make Capitol City ground zero and this is the most populous part of the planet."
Jonathan "Jon" William Price
3rd President of Terra Alpha

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"In that case, my only real regret is that it couldn't be me, though master Ja'larin would have surely disapproved. In the meantime, I'll head to Monastery, but I expect regular updates. Young Ethan can stay with his dad, and Kim can stay with Trinity."

"Okay so this Ophelia is Dominus' and, I would assume, Bellatrix's daughter, but who was the guy that was with Bellatrix?" Mattis asked. It was a rhetorical question since he figured he already knew that answer.

"Their son," Rebecca replied. "A his and her evil spawn. Alone Dominus is very dangerous. With Bellatrix, he's cunning too. With their children, they might be unstoppable."
Last edited by Rebecca Talon on Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anjali Sasyaki

Post by Anjali Sasyaki »

Anjali approached Jon's office and looked at Becca. "I will be your guard, I have been keeping people hidden for decades. Besides... if it comes to it, I am sure Dominus would love to get his hands on me again. I have killed hundreds of his Scions lately. Besides, if I am to go out, I would rather it be defending someone than simply having my throat slit in an empty room like my late husband." she chuckled lightly. "It would also give me an excuse to get off world and out of Arisu and Director Decker's hair for a little while. For too long I have been the one calling the orders, not simply taking them." she gave Becca a half smile. "It could be... enjoyable. I remember when you and my daughter used to have your little verbal battles, you have a sharp wit, you'll be a good traveling companion. And I have always wanted to visit this Monastery that my daughter Arisu spoke of."
Agent Anjali Sasyaki-Lei
SHIELD Strike Team Leader
"Queen of the Snakepit"

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"Thanks for the offer, but I don't need a guard and your services will likely be needed elsewhere. Besides, Monastery is the safest place in thr galaxy for.... well anyone. It's a closed planet to only Jase'dasis, and it's populated by our greatest masters."

Anjali Sasyaki

Post by Anjali Sasyaki »

"Then at least travel with my daughter." Anjali replied. "Just in case. I am a mother too and I have done wetworks since both Julie and Rumiko were infants and my husband threatened me with divorce on a monthly basis until he... mysteriously got promoted to General. It was me... but... you do have children that love and count on you. That and my granddaughter Angel would not forgive me if I simply let you go alone. We have a rocky enough relationship, but I do know she loves you like a mother and a sister."
Agent Anjali Sasyaki-Lei
"Queen of the Snakepit"

Arisu Lei

Post by Arisu Lei »

"As loathe as I am to agree with my mother... I agree with her." Arisu said as she just appeared, using a tactic she had learned from their mutual master J'Larin. "I already lost Master J'Larin, not losing another, not while i'm still alive."
Arisu Lei
Jase'dasis Warrior & Spy

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"Then you're coming with me," Rebecca said. "Apparently I don't have a say over a damn thing, but if you come you can at least hone your skills. But, seriously," she said with an annoyed tone, "Jon and Nicholas are in more danger than I am. I'm not that important anymore. A symbol at best. Dominus isn't going to find me on Monastery, and if he did it would be a very stupid thing to do, because it would be the last thing he did. Unless he blew up the planet, and in that case no amout of guards are going to protect me."

Jonathan Price

Post by Jonathan Price »

"Be that as it may, we do need you to be protected and if V'Pier is going to be effective, whatever Dominus plans, we need you in a safe place and a place where you can be tactically useful in case he decides to just chuck everyone into a furnace." Jon said with a wince.

"I would like to see him try." V'Pier said and gave Mattis a look. "If it comes to it, I'll take the brunt of it. Time to act like men half your age gentlemen."

"I hate to say it but we have few options at the moment, with the loss of Gorvan Prime, the Narlins are going to be hurting and with the billions already lost... between Gorvan Prime and Mars... the Quadrant is going to be a very dangerous place." Jon said and looked at those assembled. "To ease everyone's worries, I entirely plan to remain in the Compound and hopefully my wife will agree to stay here as well."

"Well, if it's all the same to you, I'm staying in my guest quarters. But the offer stands, if I need to, I will go to Dominus." Cece said and crossed her arms.

"You really want to get back into the field, don't you? You can admit it... I've seen how you've been looking at the ship reports lately." Jon said and cocked his head slightly. "You do know I won't force you to stay office bound. We may need you back in the 'black' as it were."

"I'll think about it... " Cece said and gave Becca a look. "But sometimes you need to make a change. Don't always have to go headlong into danger. No matter how... good we are at it. I'll stay here. At least for now."

"Excellent... now... I wonder what his endgame is, after all... if he has the 'allegiance' of everyone... what is he going to do with that power? Attack those who didn't join him? Or worse... is this is just a grand ruse?" Jon said as he crossed his arms. "I have less than a half hour before I go on the air and tell everyone we pledge ourselves to Dominus... even if no one will believe it."
Jonathan "Jon" William Price
3rd President of Terra Alpha

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"There are two possibilities," Rebecca said. "He wants the control, and desires the power. Or... some men just want to watch the world burn. My money is on the former rather the later. If it was just about causing chaos why go to the trouble of creating an heir? Why ask for the top ranking military commanders? He doesn't want military leaders for information. There's easier ways around that. By lobbing the head off the chain of command he is creating initial confusion, and instant demoralization of all the troops, while at the same asserting his dominance over the national leaders."

Anjali Sasyaki

Post by Anjali Sasyaki »

"You are correct in your assumptions, although I think he wants it to appear that no matter what happens, we chose to let it happen. One way or the other. Defiance or agreement. Still, there are few options at the moment, we need to find out more." Anjali said as she crossed her arms. "There are few things that make an old spy annoyed and not knowing what the endgame is one of them. He said something about getting what he needed from the planets he destroyed. What could that be?"

"Core possibly." Cece suggested. "Every planet has a core with unique ore properties. Or there's something more that we don't quite understand yet."
Agent Anjali Sasyaki-Lei
"Queen of the Snakepit"