Keep Him On THIS Planet...

After the deaths of so many, it is time to rally and fight back. The Alliance is put through it's greatest test since it's founding, but can it retain its soul and the ideals they fought so long and hard to uphold? Will the darkness overtake the light? Will the Alpha and Beta Quadrants be the same when the dust settles?
Ethan Talon

Re: Keep Him On THIS Planet...

Post by Ethan Talon »

Ethan held up both hands, "Don't look at me. I don't have a clue what's going on, and I'm almost guaranteed to say the wrong thing. Last time I pissed Trinity off she didn't speak to me for a week, and I had to sleep in the Bunkhouse with Stinky Pete and Joe, whose farts smell like something died."
Major General Ethan Talon
CO III Corps of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

Nick laughed at that and shook his head. "Oh the literal dog house is THE worst place to be sometimes. Alice doesn't quite get that petty when she gets mad at me. She kind of needs me to bleed off her excess heat at night, but she'll torment me in other ways. Uses my favorite tools in the lab, takes over my terminal. Wears something extra attractive and tells me she's got a headache." he gave Alice a side eye. "Angel does that to Nathan from time to time too."

"Sometimes. Hey, he's the CO of my flagship, I have to be nice to him around the crew. Of course... he thinks we're in a fight because he's been on the Kitea and I've been on the surface. Which suits me fine... considering he did just get me pregnant." Angel said as she looked at her father. "Might be twins."

"Told you it'd happen." Nick said as he gave her a big hug. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"Only really confirmed it the other day, Nathan doesn't really know, but he suspects. I was kind of moody the last time, although I've been moody ever since i came out of deep freeze." Angel whispered.

"So I guess I have more of a reason to stay on the planet and so do you Mrs. Morris." Nick nudged her arm.

"Yeah... last time I went in deep space I spent decades. And... I may need to step up and lead more of the Fleet from here. With Becca gone..." Angel said and cleared her throat. "Classified."

"That woman, Ethan, no offense... but your mother is probably the most risk taking woman in the galaxy, and I was married to a spy. Although she always comes back somehow. And I usually get sucked into whatever scheme she's got brewing under those red locks. Dominus has no idea what he got into when he had children with her counterpart. Becca Sandovals are stubborn and when they get their mind set to something, it's impossible to change. As long as she comes back."
Nicholas "Nick" Ryder-Huntington
Husband, Father, Inventor, Maker, Defender
Former President, Founder Alpha Quadrant Alliance

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"What has she done now?" Ethan asked. "And where is Kim and Young Ethan?" he asked giving Angel a look of accusation.

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

"Koi Kiddie Kamp. Like we discussed last week." Angel said with a shrug of her shoulders. "Little Ethan and Seraphina practically blackmail annoyed us into it. Which reminds me, if the Camp Counselor calls you, Becca is not my wife. Kim needed to get a little socialization anyway and a bunch of mixed aged kids in that tropical jungle camp would certainly do the trick."

Nick closed his eyes for a moment and then opened them and looked at Ethan. "Your mother is on her own mission, but she's safe. Thought you guys could get sneaky on me, she and I are connected on a level that still shocks me sometimes." he whispered. "I just hope V knows what he's doing... he's one of my oldest friends too."

"So do I... but it's better than the alternative. So... yeah... act like it's real." Angel whispered.

"Danger junkies..." Nick rolled his eyes and picked up his guitar.

"Just play a set dad... you always feel better after that." Angel said and put her arm around Ethan's shoulders. "We'll carry on, you just... stay retired. This IS what you trained us for all our lives."
Vice Admiral Angelica "Angel" Ryder-Morris
CO 414th Engineering & Planetary Defense Fleet
Flagship: TAS Kitea
"Perky is as perky does."

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"Speak for yourself ma'am," he said with a wry grin. "I'd rather be herding cattle or armpit deep inside a hefer trying to straighten out a breech birth."

He went to the band area and picked up a bass guitar and slung the strap over his shoulders. He plucked out an awkward bass line for a minute before catching his groove. "Sorry, it's been a minute," he said to Nick.

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Not a worry... just follow along." Nick said as he motioned to the house band to go into a version of David Bowie's 'Heroes'. "This is something you SHOULD know... " he said just before launching into the song. He had to admit, it felt good just pouring it all out on stage, granted he had been working on original stuff, but he loved his classics. Although it seemed like he always knew what to sing to make things better. As soon as he finished Heroes, he went into Life on Mars. That's when he got a bit choked up but powered through it.

"General... I may have promised wife and daughter to stay on planet, but they didn't say anything about holographic me." Nick whispered and then launched into Never Get Old.
Nicholas "Nick" Ryder-Huntington
Husband, Father, Inventor, Maker, Defender
Former President, Founder Alpha Quadrant Alliance

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

Ethan grinned, "Your secret is safe with me sir. Hell I got two ships now under my command. Ain't much, just a Magellan class converted to a hospital ship. But, it'll get you where you want to go."

He shrugged, "How about this song to add to your Bowie marathon. A collab with Queen." Ethan started to play the intro of "Under Pressure."

Grinning, "Don't look so surprised sir. There's an old Country song titled 'Even Cowboys Like a little Rock n' Roll'."