Keep Him On THIS Planet...

After the deaths of so many, it is time to rally and fight back. The Alliance is put through it's greatest test since it's founding, but can it retain its soul and the ideals they fought so long and hard to uphold? Will the darkness overtake the light? Will the Alpha and Beta Quadrants be the same when the dust settles?
Angel Ryder

Re: Keep Him On THIS Planet...

Post by Angel Ryder »

"I think he listens to you more than he does any of us sometimes. Which isn't a bad thing." Angel said with a smile. "Still, I just don't want him acting all Man of Action and getting Dominus to act more aggressively. You only just barely survived your last encounter with him." she closed her eyes. "Dad had a lot of friends left on Mars, underground in the mines, ASDB nerds that never defected."
Vice Admiral Angelica "Angel" Ryder-Morris
CO 414th Engineering & Planetary Defense Fleet
Flagship: TAS Kitea
"Perky is as perky does."

Alice Ryder

Post by Alice Ryder »

Alice nodded her head gravely, "I know and I'll do what I can. Any word on Jack and Kinsey? Have they returned yet?"
Alice Huntington Ryder

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

"Should be home soon, of course they could be home already, Jack DOES have a time machine after all." Angel said and ran her hand through her hair. "I really need Kinsey. She has a unique perspective on these Brethren that few of us have. Oh and I am kind of looking forward to meeting this woman that claims she's Kinsey's real mother."

Alice Ryder

Post by Alice Ryder »

"So am I." Alice agreed sounding almost gleeful. "I would love to run tests on the pair but I'm sure Jack has already put them both through extensive testing."
Alice Huntington Ryder

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

"I'm more worried that Kinsey's mother is too much like her... two of them. Heaven help us all." Angel said with a laugh.

Alice Ryder

Post by Alice Ryder »

Alice laughed softly, "Oh yes I don't think the universe could handle two of them."
Alice Huntington Ryder

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

"Still, it's nice knowing that she's got a bit more family from back home. Also means someone that can watch their kids that can keep up. They're good kids though, just a ton of energy." Angel put her hand on Alice's shoulder. "I just hope we can give them a future. One they won't wonder why we let Dominus run roughshod over everything."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"You know I can tell you two are plotting... I promise I'll stay on the planet, but I can also promise if I have to... I will fight." Nick said as he put his arms across Angel's and Alice's shoulders. "But I will do it here. Would it make you feel better if I played a set down in the club? Keep me more than occupied for a few hours? Times like this, music might be the only thing I can really do to help... my brain is about to explode otherwise."

"Look, I just worry Dominus' people are going to go after you and Alice." Angel said with a sigh.

"The Lounge is a fortress with booze and food. I also have a few dozen agents I can have mingle in the crowd. My sous chef is a trained assassin from Deneb-3. Makes a killer meat loaf and mashed potato platter." Nick said and kissed his daughter's forehead. "Try not to worry so much, you have more brass on your collar but it shouldn't weigh you down." he touched his head to Alice's. "I promise I WON'T make you a widow. Anything happens, we'll face it but as a family." he hummed a little. "Think it'd be appropriate to sing 'Dead Man's Party'?"

"Uhm... no..."

"Just Another Day' it is..." Nick said as he walked to the closet and pulled out his guitar. "Tell Jon, if he worries, I'll be in the Club, if things really get tense, then I'll be in the Agency office and we'll start coordinating multi-power strikes and evac."
Nicholas "Nick" Ryder-Huntington
Husband, Father, Inventor, Maker, Defender
Former President, Founder Alpha Quadrant Alliance

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"Uncle Nick!" Ethan shouted across The Lounge. Standing from the bar he approached and handed Nick a beer. "If I recall this is your particular form of poison. "Fixn' to play a set?" He asked indicating the guitar in his grandfathe-in-law's hands. "Need some help? Acoustic is more my style, but I know my way around a bass, or a drum set. Don't ask me to play keyboard, that's more Aimee's style."
Major General Ethan Talon
CO III Corps of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

Nick took the beer and set it on the bar. "Thanks son... maybe." he hummed and glanced at Angel and Alice who followed him down. "It seems my wife and daughter are trying to keep me planetside. I suppose I should listen to them. They're rather persuasive as you've no doubt noticed with Trini."

"You make it sound like we're manipulating you." Angel said and kissed Ethan on the cheek. "And I suppose congratulations are in order General."

"What happened to Mattis?" Nick inquired.

"Turning him over to Dominus." Angel sighed. "Only way."

"Right... " Nick nodded his head and crossed his arms. "You sure you don't want me actually out there?"
Nicholas "Nick" Ryder-Huntington
Husband, Father, Inventor, Maker, Defender
Former President, Founder Alpha Quadrant Alliance