Keep Him On THIS Planet...

After the deaths of so many, it is time to rally and fight back. The Alliance is put through it's greatest test since it's founding, but can it retain its soul and the ideals they fought so long and hard to uphold? Will the darkness overtake the light? Will the Alpha and Beta Quadrants be the same when the dust settles?
Angel Ryder

Keep Him On THIS Planet...

Post by Angel Ryder »

Angel walked up to her father and Alice's new loft above Leo's. She had been getting reports all morning about Dominus' attacks on Mars and Gorvan Prime, and Kassie had been feeding her intel from the Compound. She knew that her father would be planning to make a stand, but she knew as well as anyone that would just cause more problems and would probably end up with him finally dying for good. Drastic measures had to be taken.

She knocked on the door and little Gale answered it.

"Hiya Angel!" he said with a slight accent in his voice. "Mummy and daddy are in the lab... choccy milk?" he held up a bottle to her.

"Thanks little bro... but not right now." Angel said with a smile and picked him up. "How'd you know I wanted to see them. Maybe I came to see my little brother."

"You didn't bring Seraphina. So that usually means you want to see daddy. Or mum. No clothes or sewing kit...." Gale said with a slightly puzzled look. "So it has to be something bad right?"

"You're a smart kid." Angel said as she gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Nothing for you to worry about. Just grown up problems."

"Grown ups have a lotta problems." Gale said and looked at the door to the lab. "They're in there."

"Here..." Angel handed him a small baggie. "Your favorite, don't tell your mom." she whispered and put her finger to her lips.

Gale happily put them in his pocket and ran off to his room. Eager to hide away his jelly puppies in a place where his mom couldn't find them to scold him for having junk food and his dad wouldn't find them and take them for himself.

Angel sighed as she watched him, to be a little kid again, she thought and pressed her thumb to the security plate. "Well, since that worked the first time, you two clearly aren't making out."

"Angel! What are you doing here?" Nick inquired as he stood up from behind his work bench console.

"I actually I came to talk to Alice." Angel said and gave her a look. "What are you working on?"

"Dominus is after something, clearly he's been experimenting with energy, like Jackson was trying to use mine and Alice's pyrokinetic ability to power his station, and which forms the basis for our own AliceCore system, he's trying to do something else. These readings from what was left of the sensor net near Mars, which you and I deployed ourselves and cloaked for just this reason... " Nick rubbed his temples. "This is my fault, he had to have found some of my files, Mars had a core that I always theorized could contain an element that could end our dependence on any kind of consumable energy source, but to harvest it would mean certain death for any miner or would require the planet to be cracked which would be unthinkable."

"He thought it and he did it." Angel replied and crossed her arms.

"I just need to figure out exactly what he's after..." Nick said and got back into the 'zone' of research.

Angel walked over to Alice and whispered in her ear. "Girl talk time... now. Lieutenant." she cocked her head and lead her out of the lab and took a deep breath. "Alice... I really really need you to keep dad here. On this planet. Hell, in this building. I don't care what you have to do. Keep him on his research, break something he has to fix, have wild sex with him. Tie him down and say it's some kinky thing you wanted to do... which... eww.. I need to ask Jack to bleach my brain for even THINKING that... but Dominus is not fucking around anymore. We need him here, quiet and occupied. I don't normally ask you to do that but... you technically out rank him, since your commission is still sorta active and his isn't."
Vice Admiral Angelica "Angel" Ryder-Morris
CO 414th Engineering & Planetary Defense Fleet
Flagship: TAS Kitea
"Perky is as perky does."

Ethan Talon

Re: Keep Him On THIS Planet...

Post by Ethan Talon »

Ethan sat at the bar. Leo's was it's normally rambunctious place, but there was an air of unease. Dominus had seen to that. No one knew when he would strike next. The fleet officers, crews, and marines never knew what the next day would bring. Almost everyone in the military had experienced open combat, and here Ethan was flying a desk as the newly promoted commander of the III Corps. It was his job to send good men and women into the jaws of death while he remained safe behind issuing orders.

"Another beer General?" The bartender asked before realizing that Ethan had barely touched the first one.

"Naw I'm good. Thanks though."

"All right. Just flag me down when you're ready for another on."

Ethan nodded, "Sure. Thanks."
Major General Ethan Talon
CO III Corps of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Tereska Kellow

Post by Tereska Kellow »

Teri walked over to Ethan, more than a little tipsy and wobbly on her high heels. "Taking it slow, good move." she said and sat next to him at the bar. "Do not ask for a strawberry shake here. They put sooo much booze in it. Or maybe I asked for the booze. I can't remember." she chuckled lightly and ran her hand through her hair. "Just when I thought I things were going better. Now Dominus wants to blow us all to hell. Sterilized my best friend... or well, a version of my best friend. Blew up Mars... who does that? And here I am... hiding in a bar because I am downright terrified to go out there. I don't want to be captured again... I know what he wanted to do to me. I don't think I have ever felt so... helpless... ever."
Lt. Col. Tereska "Teri" Kellow
Marine Medical Officer Out of Time and Space

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

Ethan eyed her for a moment and then took a sip of his beer. He set the stein down and wiped his upper lip with a thumb and forefinger.

"Well, I reckon you have two choices then. You can live your life in fear or learn to deal with it and use it to keep you going. You don't think a Marine lying in the trenches with plasma bombs exploding over their heads isn't scared? I know, I've been there. And those that aren't scared are more of a threat to the unit than a buck private huddled in his trench paralyzed with fear. You have to focus your fear. Maybe even abopt a fatalistic attitude. That phaser beam was meant for you or it wasn't, and there's not a damned thing you can do about it."

Ethan stuck his hand into his mouth and after a few seconds he removed a shiny white porcelain tooth with a bright red capsule in the center, "And in case of capture... well I have no intention of being a POW again. Especially in the tender graces of Dominus and his f'n bitch."

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Tereska Kellow

Post by Tereska Kellow »

"Like Trinity will allow that. She probably swapped it out with something else." Teri said with a smirk. "I have to say though Ethan... you have given me something to think about." Teri reclined slightly on the stool and looked at him. "Well I suppose perhaps I should stop drinking these boozy milkshakes prepare to put the white coat back on, of course if Dominus attacks, there's nothing a med student can do."

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"Trinity doesn't know, and I'd appreciate it if you kept it to yourself." He reached back into his mouth and with an electronic click to false tooth was replaced. "And you are very wrong. There will be plenty of collateral damage. Folk will be injured, and we will need people like you to save lives. Don't sell yourself short. I have known Dr. Tess all my life and she's literally the best doctor in this galaxy. The same mind you share with her."

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

Ethan took a long drink of his beer finishing it off. "I tell you what. I've come into possession of two Magellan class starships, the John C. Fremont, and the Neil Armstrong.
The fleet yards are currently converting them into Marine hospital ships. They aren't very big. Maybe 200 patients at a time after we remove all the science labs, diplomatic quarters, convert the cargo bays, and double up the crew. But, we can land them on the planet near the front lines. We'd have medical evac and doctors close by. And the biggest thing: we don't have to rely on the navy and their chain of command.

"The two ships will be part of the newly formed 32nd Medical Brigade. I had a man in mind to head up the brigade, but he turned me down. Said he was a doctor, not an administrator. But, see here's what I'm thinking. You aren't a doctor. Not yet anyway. And, I have seen my Great-grandmother-in-law at the hospital. She's a natural leader. I'm betting you possess those same skills. And, you can complete your schooling and even do your residency with one of our doctors. I'm thinking Dr. Winters. And it comes with a Colonel's salary and a padding of your resume. And if nothing else at least you got your mind off your troubles for a bit."
Last edited by Ethan Talon on Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tereska Kellow

Post by Tereska Kellow »

"That... is a tempting offer." Teri sighed and hummed. "Colonel's salary huh? I suppose mooching off Alice and Nick and the Crosses shouldn't last forever." she glanced down at her high heels. "Of course I have been thinking, I'm never going to have a Nick or Alice as my son and daughter in law. You'll never be my great-grandson in law. I'm never going to meet 'my' Leo. Everything about my future is going to be different. I'm wearing shoes that belong to a me I won't ever be." she crossed her legs and cocked her head and looked at Ethan. "You called me a leader, I am. I always was. I'm also a creative person. Where do you think Angel and even your Trinity got it from? Although no one said I couldn't do this and figure out my own shit." she extended her hand to him. "Alright, you got me General."

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"Welcome to the Marines... Great-grandma," he said with a grin. "Now, you have your work cut out for you. You will need to crew your two ships. That means 6 officers, and twenty enlisted and NCOs. Then you need doctors, nurses, and administration for both ships. You have one doctor and that's Doctor Greg Winters. He enlisted in the Marines during the Dominion war, and then went back again as a Gunnery Sergeant for the Borg wars. Somehow he managed to graduate from medical school, and completed his residency at the hospital at Riley City. I met him through Trinity when she was working as a Deputy Sheriff. He's a good man, and he's got a lot of experience. Especially in dealing with Marines. Oh, also the Fremont is nearly done. We should be able to recommisson her within the next few days. The Armstrong will still be a month or so."

Alice Ryder

Post by Alice Ryder »

Meanwhile....

"Contrary to popular belief Nicholas does what he wishes Angel." Alice said softly as she gently touch Angel's arm sympathetically. "But he isn't above listening to reason. I'll express what I feel on the matter but in the end the choice is his and I will support him in it."
Alice Huntington Ryder