Innocence

After the deaths of so many, it is time to rally and fight back. The Alliance is put through it's greatest test since it's founding, but can it retain its soul and the ideals they fought so long and hard to uphold? Will the darkness overtake the light? Will the Alpha and Beta Quadrants be the same when the dust settles?
Kinsey Calhoun

Re: Innocence

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

Kinsey looked at them for a long moment as if she could see right into their very soul and see what would be.

"Inara has always had a way of seeing what we can't or refuse to." Kinsey said as she walked over to Eli and embraced him as she would a brother she hadn't seen in years.

Eli Mathers

Post by Eli Mathers »

"And yes Kinsey I will tell you when I tell Bella... I may need you to run interference." Eli winced. "Not that I expect her to be her 'old' self, but... it's hard watching her in such a funk, she's out of the chair, she's mostly healed yet it's like she's only really half there. Nick was trying to get her to go on a mission or something to do with Jon's father. No idea if she'll take him up on it."
Agent Eli Mathers
Presidential Secret Service Chief

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

"Bella is not an assassin or a spy. She's never run missions and I am more them tempted to let Nick know what I think about him trying to send her on one." Kinsey said angrily. "His heart might have been in the right place but he forgets not everyone he's surrounded by is a spy. Maybe what she needs is some good news and despite everything you are still her friend Eli."

Eli Mathers

Post by Eli Mathers »

"Well I think he wanted to send her because she's Jon's daughter in law and she already decked him once." Eli chuckled and nodded his head. "Yeah maybe she does need to hear some good news." he took a sip of his tea and shook his head. "I think in Nick's mind everyone could be a spy. I remember maybe around my first month, we had a problem with some Imperium agents infiltrating anyway, he yells at me because my shoes were too heavy, buys me a pair of these and I just call them 'spy shoes' because they make almost no sound, comfortable as anything, way out of my cop salary price range I'm sure. But it was funny that he just assumes everyone around him knows how to be a spy."

"Growing up with Julie Lei will do that." Jack said with a chuckle. "The girls had to learn to walk in high heels on their toes, not their heels so they wouldn't make a sound while walking. I've seen you jump when Angel visits and she's got these insane looking high heels on and you wonder 'why didn't I hear you a mile and a half away?" My sister Ally never quite mastered that until only recently. Now Noella... I can hear her coming a mile away. My grandmother..."

"She's sneaky when she wants to be, but yeah when she's around you know she's around." Eli agreed. "So... Kinsey... does this mean I have your blessing?"
Agent Eli Mathers

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

Kinsey smiled, "Yes Eli Mathers you have my blessing."

Eli Mathers

Post by Eli Mathers »

"Thank you... it means a lot." Eli said as he put his arm around her. "Inara considers you family. So are you back on the planet for a while or are you heading out again soon? I'm sure she'd like to spend some time with you. Give her some pointers on pregnancy..."

"You're freaked out just a little, aren't you Eli?" Jack whispered.

"A little. Never really raised anyone. My dad wasn't exactly a good role model, so my frame of reference is not the best." Eli said and sighed. "But I have to admit, might need to use you two as my new frame of reference. Your kids are wild and pains in my ass, but they're good kids at heart. Which is what matters. Even IF I have to continually update our security protocols when they figure them out. Now those kids are natural agents, Mac and Jason and Carly can get anywhere. I suspect Alexander will be like that once he's old enough to reach the door..."
Agent Eli Mathers

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

Kinsey laughed, “They’re naturally curious and sometimes that curiosity gets the better of them. As for your security protocols...between us...Selene hired them to test them out every once in awhile. She was going to have the grow up ones do it but they’ve been busy and it keeps the kids occupied. Don’t you dare let on that I told you. She only told me because she left bad that I kept yelling at them about it.”

Jack Ryder

Post by Jack Ryder »

"Yeah they're certifiable genius children with few outlets that we'll allow them to explore. I mean they could easily be going to one of the 'gifted' schools, but they'd hate it there. I know i did." Jack said and sighed. "So Inara... if you need baby stuff, we still have a quantum storage locker full of stuff you can use."
Professor Jack Ryder
Mate to Kinsey Calhoun
Super Genius

Inara

Post by Inara »

“Thank you Jack.”

“And as soon as Eli tells Bella we need to go out and celebrate.” Kinsey said as she hugged Inara tightly. “I couldn’t be happier for you.”

“I can’t wait.” Inara replied kissing her lightly on the cheek.

“We should probably get out of here.” Kinsey said as she walked over to Jack. “It’s been along day for everyone and some people deserve to end it on happy notes.”
Inara
Ambassador to Thessia