Innocence

After the deaths of so many, it is time to rally and fight back. The Alliance is put through it's greatest test since it's founding, but can it retain its soul and the ideals they fought so long and hard to uphold? Will the darkness overtake the light? Will the Alpha and Beta Quadrants be the same when the dust settles?
Inara

Innocence

Post by Inara »

The devastation of Mars replayed across the news networks. The entire galaxy hoping for something other then total destruction. Hope was vain Inara had experienced first hand what Mars had except those who survived Thessia had Kinsey Calhoun to protect them. Mars hadn’t been so lucky.

When Inara couldn’t take it anymore she shut off the news and stared out the window at the city scape. The sun was setting in the distance darkening the condo. The world seemed peaceful, at odds with what was going on in the galaxy. It gave her time to think before Eli came home, at least she hoped this wouldn’t keep him.

Earlier in the day he’d messaged to let her know he might be late. There were some leads he was going to check out regarding Price’s father. She’d found it odd but didn’t press he would tell her what he could in person later. But this attack on Mars…it gave her a lot to think about.
Inara
Ambassador to Thessia

Eli Mathers

Re: Innocence

Post by Eli Mathers »

Eli was only a little later than he planned, arriving with a bottle of Inara's favorite wine he picked up on the way home. He had a lot on his mind and he was hoping that a quiet evening alone might help, between Dominus destroying Mars and Bella still massively hurting and all he could really do was put more security details around, but what would stop a planet cracking weapon fired from orbit? Like a few bozos in suits would do anything to stop that...

"Inara? Babe?" he looked around the condo and then saw her on the balcony. "Hey... brought you that wine you liked. Thought we could try to forget some of this shitty day... as if we really could forget it."
Agent Eli Mathers
Presidential Secret Service Chief

Inara

Post by Inara »

She went to him and as she reached to wrap her arms around him her hand brushed his bandaged hand. Inara pulled back and took his hand gently into her.

“You’re hurt" Inara said in a concerned voice as she carefully examined the bandage in the fading light. "What happened?"
Inara
Ambassador to Thessia

Eli Mathers

Post by Eli Mathers »

"Nothing too serious... just need to let the skin heal." Eli said trying to not alarm her. "So... what did you do besides watch the news that literally everyone was glued to today?" he shook his head as he opened the bottle. "No idea what we're going to do, can't believe the boss is thinking of sending Dominus who he's asked for."
Agent Eli Mathers

Inara

Post by Inara »

“Should send him Kinsey.” Inara said angrily as she helped Eli open the bottle. Directing the anger she felt at Eli getting hurt toward what she already felt for Dominus. It was irrational to be angry at him for it she knew his job. It was dangerous and it wasn’t the first time he’d been hurt nor would it be the last.
Inara
Ambassador to Thessia

Eli Mathers

Post by Eli Mathers »

"Well was crossing through a seedy part of town... one of Vinelli's people shot at me. Thought I was after them." Eli said as he looked at his hand. "I'm not telling Olivia Ryder about that... she retired knowing she ended Vinelli." he looked up at the sky. "Now we gotta worry about that asshole hanging a sword over our heads"
Agent Eli Mathers

Inara

Post by Inara »

“You have to be careful especially now.” Inara said as she gently as she touched his cheek. She removed her hand and filled two glass with wine but left her untouched. “I’m worried about the future.”
Inara
Ambassador to Thessia

Eli Mathers

Post by Eli Mathers »

"You and me both." Eli admitted and sighed as he took a sip of his wine and put it down. "I don't know what you or I can do. Short of just fucking off to some other distant galaxy which as romantic as it sounds, is just running away."
Agent Eli Mathers

Inara

Post by Inara »

“It would only be a temporary reprieve.” Inara pointed out and laughed softly. “And it would greatly annoy Kinsey though I think she would understand my motives.”
Inara
Ambassador to Thessia

Eli Mathers

Post by Eli Mathers »

"Yeah she'd probably bat those big lavender eyes at Jack and he'd come in his pod and bring us back." Eli replied and pulled off his jacket. "And you know Bella would make Jon make some executive order that I'm brought back as soon as we're found. Seems like both our ex-girlfriends would miss us. Even though we've barely seen them in weeks."
Agent Eli Mathers