Innocence

After the deaths of so many, it is time to rally and fight back. The Alliance is put through it's greatest test since it's founding, but can it retain its soul and the ideals they fought so long and hard to uphold? Will the darkness overtake the light? Will the Alpha and Beta Quadrants be the same when the dust settles?
Inara

Re: Innocence

Post by Inara »

Inara resisted the urge to take a step back and laugh it off. She knew what kind of commitment this would require from him if it was something he actually wanted. A child was not something either of them had planned or foreseen. As a companion there were precautionary measures taken. Certain teas served before each meeting. With the destruction of Thessia, the despair that followed, and her retirement she’d forgotten about it.

“I am.” Inara replied.
Inara
Ambassador to Thessia

Eli Mathers

Post by Eli Mathers »

"How... uhm... how far along are you? Because you don't look it..." Eli replied and smiled. "Well since you haven't had a client in ages then and given the way you and I go at it... two... three... four times a day... and I haven't been as good at using protection. Hell half the time I was not even half in the mood but you just do something and I'm fully in the mood." he held her hands and looked into her eyes. "Let's do this then. Let's be parents. If Kinsey Calhoun could raise how many kids? Although... everyone else seemed to be watching them. And if we end up with a kid... or kids... like theirs, I'm quitting my job and working from home.. hey this is Terra Alpha, multiple births are almost a third of all pregnancies... not to scare you anything."
Agent Eli Mathers
Presidential Secret Service Chief

Inara

Post by Inara »

“You’re sure about this? I do not want you to feel as though I’m pressuring you into this. I’m not but I would not be opposed to the idea.” Inara said looking into his eyes and holding his hands tightly. “It’s not uncommon for a companion to find love. A companion retires when they feel they can’t serve their clients without the thought of their love interfering. Thoughts must always be on the client and you...can be quite distracting.”
Inara
Ambassador to Thessia

Eli Mathers

Post by Eli Mathers »

Eli touched her cheek. "Well, then we need entirely need to find you a new profession... not that mommy isn't enough but y'know. I am pretty sure Doc Tess could set you up with an office and you don't really need to do too much to just call yourself a Counselor. Hell I've been to the 'best' and they didn't do half of what you did for me. Course, they didn't let me put a baby in them... " he chuckled and reached into his pocket and pulled out his buffer band and scrolled through a few things. "I've been keeping this in my buffer band for ages and no this isn't a hand me down, this is new and part of the reason why I demonstrated my cooking ability instead of just going out to eat." in a shimmer of light a small box appeared.
Agent Eli Mathers

Inara

Post by Inara »

“I’m far from a hermit.” Inara laughed softly. “I met with the Tholain ambassador after you left this morning. He wanted advice on a trade issue. I’m surprised you don’t have an office follow me.”
Inara
Ambassador to Thessia

Eli Mathers

Post by Eli Mathers »

"Well I used to but it felt like I didn't trust you or something... so I just have a MIKI that activates in case of trouble." Eli said and held out the ring. "So... Inara... think we should make this more official. Be the new Mrs. Mathers... ?"
Agent Eli Mathers

Inara

Post by Inara »

“Yes,” Inara said as she pulled him in for a passionate kiss. “I love you.”
Inara
Ambassador to Thessia

Eli Mathers

Post by Eli Mathers »

"I love you too... " Eli said as he slipped the ring on before he kissed her. After a few moments he pulled back and looked at her. "So... I think we should go out and celebrate this... just give me a minute to fix up my hand and change. Unless you wanted to stay in but then well... I'd have a hard time keeping my hands off you."
Agent Eli Mathers

Inara

Post by Inara »

“Right now I would rather stay in But first we have to fix this dressing it’s terrible.” Inara said frowning at it. “Then I’d like you can keep your hands all over me.”
Inara
Ambassador to Thessia

Eli Mathers

Post by Eli Mathers »

"Well... it was more of a field dressing." Eli said and looked at his hand. "Lucky punk... although you know that blouse you were wearing the other day, that's not one of Angel's it's a Vinelli knock off. The Admiral was wearing the same one and it didn't look like your's, which doesn't really matter, we tore that thing to shreds... wait so uhm... how long have you known you were pregnant?"
Agent Eli Mathers