Innocence

After the deaths of so many, it is time to rally and fight back. The Alliance is put through it's greatest test since it's founding, but can it retain its soul and the ideals they fought so long and hard to uphold? Will the darkness overtake the light? Will the Alpha and Beta Quadrants be the same when the dust settles?
Inara

Re: Innocence

Post by Inara »

Inara blushed, “We do and it’s nice to see you’re just as observant as your daughter when her mind isn’t elsewhere.”

“What?” Kinsey said glancing over at them.

Inara laughed softly, “See what I mean? Though I suppose she has a bit to be distracted by.”
Inara
Ambassador to Thessia

Tali’Zorha

Post by Tali’Zorha »

"Her husband distracts her more than she realizes, in a good way though." Tali said with a smile. "So different from his counterpart Jackson. This man is as kind as he is cute." she shrugged her shoulders. "Although I do prefer my men just a tiny bit taller. Kinsey's father, tall, strong, amazing... " she sighed happily. "I've never quite found the right Korba in all my other realities that I've been dumped into thanks to the Pit. But at least i met one good one and we had her. So we did something right together."
Tali'Zorha Calhoun
Presidential Intelligence Agent

Inara

Post by Inara »

“She is remarkable and caring perhaps to much at times. I imagine the new about Mars has her distracted as well.” Inara said as she filled the tea pot with leaves and added hot water.
Inara
Ambassador to Thessia

Tali’Zorha

Post by Tali’Zorha »

"I can sense you are as well." Tali replied and sat on one of the stools. "It is unthinkable... and trust me, I have seen worlds end and it is never an easy thing to process." she closed her eyes. "Dominus needs to be stopped but there is little people like us can really do. Although there are things we can do for others." giving Inara a soft smile. "I think a purpose is needed to keep our sanity."
Tali'Zorha Calhoun
Presidential Intelligence Agent

Inara

Post by Inara »

"I couldn't agree more." Inara said as she finished pouring the tea and placed the pot on the warmer.

The scent of chamomile filled the air as she handed Tali a small handle less cup and arranged the others on the kitchen island.

"Tea's ready." She called out to Eli, Jack, and Kinsey who seemed caught up in their own conversation.

"You didn't have to serve the greeting tea." Kinsey said as she took note of the tea set. Even if the galaxy was about to go to shit again Inara was still not one to break from tradition no matter who was visiting. Any excuse to break out the good tea set and her special blend of tea with it's citrus undertones. Even if it was just Kinsey's mother.

Kinsey took a sip from her tea cup and nearly spat the tea out.

"This is chamomile!" She exclaimed as she examined the lightly colored liquid.

"Why yes it is. I'm surprised you didn't notice sooner."

"You never serve chamomile as a greeting tea or in this pot." Kinsey stated staring at Inara as if she had lost her mind.

"The traditional tea contains to much caffeine." Inara replied matter of fact and trying to not smile. Kinsey's mind was trying somewhere else tonight normally she would have put the pieces together by now. The ring on her hand rested on the counter next to her tea cup right where Kinsey could see it. The change in tea could have been enough to get her mind working but not to night instead she stood there dumb founded as if Inara had grown multiple heads.

"Since when do you care about caffeine content? You were the one trying to get me to try Ractajinos."
Inara
Ambassador to Thessia

Jack Ryder

Post by Jack Ryder »

"Since I sleep only 2 hours a night and when she's over ... " Jack said and glanced at Inara. "That's a big ring... not your usual... Grozit... K'n'zy... her hand..."
Professor Jack Ryder
Mate to Kinsey Calhoun
Super Genius

Inara

Post by Inara »

“What about her hand?” Kinsey inquired looking from Jack to Inara’s hand. It took her a moment to realize what he was talking about. Plan as day sitting on her finger was an engagement ring then suddenly it the wheels started to turn. The ring, the tea, and the untouched wine. “You’re getting married and you’re pregnant.” Kinsey said her eyes darkening as she turned them on Eli.

“I was wondering how long it was going to take you to figure it out. I figured you had a lot on her mind when you didn’t question the wine.”
Inara
Ambassador to Thessia

Eli Mathers

Post by Eli Mathers »

"To be fair, this isn't something that's been stewing for a long time... I proposed today and she literally just told me she was pregnant before you guys came here." Eli said and shrugged his shoulders. "So hey you're the first to know. Since I don't know if Bella would take the news well... hush hush huh? You're spies... you can keep secrets."

"I'm... I'm not a spy. Yet." Tali raised her hand.
Agent Eli Mathers
Presidential Secret Service Chief

Inara

Post by Inara »

“You should be the one to tell her.” Inara said as she gently squeezed his hand.

“I suppose you should let me know when you plan to tell her. You know for back up. But if you abandon Inara now I will kill you.” Kinsey said with a straight face as she took a sip of her tea.
Inara
Ambassador to Thessia

Eli Mathers

Post by Eli Mathers »

"Oh trust me... a man like me only gets this once. I screwed it up with Bella, but that wasn't meant to be. Inara and I... it feels right. Even if I didn't get her pregnant... I would spend the rest of my life with her. I would never find another like her as long as I lived." Eli smirked. "What she sees in a mook like me... I don't entirely know, but I do know I will never leave her side. Honestly the only thing I would abandon would be my role as head of the Secret Service. I won't right now, not with a child on the way and all this stuff with Dominus going on, but if it came down to her or my career... she'd win."
Agent Eli Mathers
Presidential Secret Service Chief