Upholding the Devil's Bargain

After the deaths of so many, it is time to rally and fight back. The Alliance is put through it's greatest test since it's founding, but can it retain its soul and the ideals they fought so long and hard to uphold? Will the darkness overtake the light? Will the Alpha and Beta Quadrants be the same when the dust settles?
Kinsey Calhoun

Re: Upholding the Devil's Bargain

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

"I expect you to tell me when I'm being an idiot too." Kinsey informed her with a smirk. "If I do pull him out of his hole it maybe a plan I'll have to keep you out of. Your loyalty doesn't just lie with me and I have a feeling the Prices wont back any plans involving Barytn. I don't want to put you in an uncomfortable position."

Cece Ryder

Post by Cece Ryder »

"Hey the Prices may be my bosses, but you're my mom. Not the first time I've been in uncomfortable positions." Cece said and glanced at James. "We're all survivors. Providing the sword of Damocles hanging over our heads doesn't come down on us."
Carly "Cece" Calhoun-Ryder
Nanny/Bodyguard/Tech Support

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

"It wont not while I'm alive. And as we all know I have a hard time dying. " Kinsey said with a smirk. "So...James see if you can find me a secure location to house Barytn. See if you can keep it quiet from Cross for a while. If you don't think you can it's alright just let me know. I don't want you to feel I'm putting you in a situation either. Clint is your father and Selene can smell a plot like coffee."

Cece Ryder

Post by Cece Ryder »

"I'll see what I can do." James replied. "Cece and I have a few... off books places we keep VIPs when they need to disappear for a minute."

"Nice." Cece gave him a wink. "You're learning kid. Remember Congressman W'volvn? He... kinda pissed his pants right before a vote. Needed a chance to dry out. We've got secure apartments all over." she picked up her shoes and pulled the liner out and handed her a chip. "In the meantime, secure scrambler codes for your comms, about 3 years in the future, no one can hack these today. And if you say the chip smells I will replace your 'good' tea' with that swill the girls in reception keep buying."

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

"It's not nice to threaten your mother." Kinsey said as she took the chip. "And in the meantime...we have a party to plan. Inara and Eli are having a baby doesn't leave this room. I'm not sure if he's told Bella yet."

Cece Ryder

Post by Cece Ryder »

"Wow... really?" Cece chuckled. "I had a feeling it was going to happen sooner than later. They make a cute couple. I won't tell a soul."

"I won't either." James said and poured her a mug of tea. "Although I do hope he doesn't leave... I like him."

"Bella would miss him, still her best friend... although with the baby... never know how she'd take it. Bella's been... not herself since the attack. Can't blame her."

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

Kinsey nodded in agreement, "Another reason we leave her out of the Barytn plans but a little celebrating could be what we all need right now. At least while we're still putting the pieces together for a plan."

Kinsey took the mug of tea and sipped at it. She savored it for a long moment. It had been took long since she'd had a really good cup of green tea.

"I'm thinking we take Inara out to lunch and do some light shopping. You, me, and maybe Selene and Bella. I'd invite Solara but I have no idea where she is. I can't say I don't mind that right now." Kinsey said and taking another sip.

Cece Ryder

Post by Cece Ryder »

"Solara and Jonas haven't checked in with me for a while. I think they're enjoying their privacy." Cece replied. "Light shopping sounds fun... been a while since we've all done something like that."

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

"Keep your ear to ground as soon as Eli tells Bella and figure out how she reacts we'll set a date." Kinsey said with a nodd. "I still can't believe that pairing and everyone thought Jack and I didn't make sense."

Cece Ryder

Post by Cece Ryder »

"You and dad are legendary together, never let anyone tell you it didn't make sense." Cece said with a smile. "I'm just shocked that Eli didn't freak out when she told him. But I suppose Inara is a once in a lifetime match. Even though I did like him and Bella together. Solara and him was all... wrong... I mean, she brought out his wild side."