Upholding the Devil's Bargain

After the deaths of so many, it is time to rally and fight back. The Alliance is put through it's greatest test since it's founding, but can it retain its soul and the ideals they fought so long and hard to uphold? Will the darkness overtake the light? Will the Alpha and Beta Quadrants be the same when the dust settles?
Kinsey Calhoun

Re: Upholding the Devil's Bargain

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

“From what Baryton told me he isn’t stupid enough to.” Kinsey said as she clutched the padd. “Where’s Price now?”

James Cross

Post by James Cross »

"Getting Bella somewhere secure. I hope." James replied.

"We just finished a press conference." Cece added. "And Kinsey... I think we need to prepare a response to this... but something... off the books." she whispered and looked in her eyes. "Your office? Ten minutes?"
James "Half Round" Cross
Adoptive Son of Clint Cross
Presidential Chief of Staff - Terra Alpha Tower

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

“Agreed I’ll see you there.” Kinsey replied with a nod of her head. “And you Cross...you’ve got ten minutes to fill me in on everything I’ve missed while I was gone including what you and my daughter have been up to. Other wise I might just hunt down Price.”

James Cross

Post by James Cross »

"Well, Carly and Jason are helping get the secure quarters set up again. In any case... I think you came back at just the right time." James said and held onto his briefcase. "It's... kind of scary. Emperor Kai Lei and Lucy lost their baby... he force sterilized them. Earth is in chaos right now since no one wants to anger Dominus and have him target Earth and yet... some just want to see the planet burn."
James "Half Round" Cross

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

“I’ve seen a planet burn.” Kinsey said haunted. “But I’ll be dammed if I’ll sit on my ass while Dominus runs around unchecked.”

James Cross

Post by James Cross »

"I don't think anyone is expecting that out of you." James said as they walked toward her office. "Although I do think everyone wants you to stay planetside for a while. Me most of all." he said with a slight smile. "I miss hanging out with you. Olivia thinks I have a shot at an actual internship."
James "Half Round" Cross

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

“Good but remember what I said.” Kinsey said and smiled at him. “Don’t grow up to fast. Try being a kid for awhile. Let Clint raise you for a bit. You might be the only son he ever has. And Jack’s not ready for a third grand kid yet.”

James Cross

Post by James Cross »

"I won't... trust me. Although I do like at least knowing I don't have to worry about high school or college... I'm pretty sure I'll be going into the family business." James said and looked at her. "Just promise me you're not going to go all commando raid on Dominus' ship with Cece. As much as I love Clint and Selene, you're important to me too. You were the first person to treat me nice on Earth."
James "Half Round" Cross

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

“Don’t worry I’d leave CeCe behind.” Kinsey smirked as they reached her office. “Don’t worry just yet James. I haven’t formed any plans and keep in mind there is a reality where we defeated Dominus so bad he’s afraid to go back. We could do that here we just have to figure out how.”

Cece Ryder

Post by Cece Ryder »

"Leave me behind? Nice mom..." Cece deadpanned as she leaned in the doorway. "But you are right though... there has to be a way to defeat him that keeps him and his alternates away from us. Otherwise we're just playing Whack A Mole." she slid into one of Kinsey's chairs and slipped off her high heel and rubbed her foot. "There IS a plan in play... I won't say anything since well... loose lips sink ships." she slipped the other heel off and reclined in the chair. "I want to get back in the field. I love my work here and I know I'm making a difference it's just... I can't see another Terra Alpha die before my eyes. I watched it turn into a smouldering orb of ash just as it was sucked into a black hole and ripped into molecules, along with most of the Alpha and Beta Quadrant. Thankfully that's just another dark alternate future, but I fear that there's an axiom us time travelers use... time wants to happen. You can try to stop the apocalypse, but it still comes."
Carly "Cece" Calhoun-Ryder
Nanny/Bodyguard/Tech Support