Good News

After the deaths of so many, it is time to rally and fight back. The Alliance is put through it's greatest test since it's founding, but can it retain its soul and the ideals they fought so long and hard to uphold? Will the darkness overtake the light? Will the Alpha and Beta Quadrants be the same when the dust settles?
Eli Mathers

Good News

Post by Eli Mathers »

Presidential Compound - Offices

Eli Mathers had arrived for the day, more than a little tired from the night before and trying to figure out how to tell Isabella, his best friend and former lover that he was going to be a father and he was getting married. After she had lost her own child, everyone was more than a little touchy about the subject of pregnancy around her. He knew she wasn't as fragile as everyone treated her and yet... Bartyn nearly killed her and Jon. A man with the face of her father doing all that, had to be a psychological blow.

"Hey Kass... is Bella around?" Eli asked as he saw Kassie walk through the administrative pool

"She is and Kinsey's back." Kassie replied.

"Oh I know, that's why I'm wondering where Bella is." Eli said as he rubbed his neck. "Need to talk to her."

"I last saw her near the library, want me to track her down?" Kassie offered and gave him a look. "Good news I hope?"

"You could say that." Eli said cryptically, his lips curling into a smile.

"Then why don't you just lock onto her badge and beam to her. Freak her out a little." Kassie suggested. "Break the tension a little."

"Not a bad idea..." Eli tapped his watch and brought up the holographic map of the compound and locked onto her ID badge. "Got her. Wish me luck."

"You didn't say what you were telling her, I could tell you to get fucked." Kassie replied.

"Inara's pregnant and we're getting married." Eli said as he set up the transport.

"Wow... well, congratulations. She's a gorgeous woman." Kassie saluted him. "Now go tell your best friend that. It wasn't THAT hard."

"Yes ma'am." Eli saluted back and beamed directly behind Bella.

Following her for a few yards he tapped her on the shoulder. "Hey Bells..."
Agent Eli Mathers
Presidential Secret Service Chief

Isabella price

Re: Good News

Post by Isabella price »

“Shit!” Bella yelled, startled. “What the fuck? Are you trying to give me a heart attack?”
First Lady Isabella Price

Eli Mathers

Post by Eli Mathers »

"Well I wanted to break the tension a little." Eli replied and smiled broadly. "So... do you want some good news or bad news?"
Agent Eli Mathers

Isabella price

Post by Isabella price »

Bella raised an eyebrow as she crossed her arms.

“You’re in a suspiciously good mood this morning. Did you find the asshole in a ditch?” Bella inquired nodding towards Eli’s hand. The dressing was in a far better state then the last time Bella has seen him. For a moment there she had been worried her might lose the finger or the hand considering how their luck was running .

Eli Mathers

Post by Eli Mathers »

"Well the fucker got off because we couldn't pin it on him... just found that out. But Riley City has a warrant on him for speeding tickets, so we'll lock him up yet." Eli replied. "BUUUUUT... that's not what I wanted to talk to you about." he gestured to a chair. "So you know how Inara and I have been... close lately?" he grinned. "Going to be closer and there's going to be a third living in the Condo..."
Agent Eli Mathers

Isabella price

Post by Isabella price »

“You guys are getting a room mate?” Bella inquired with a raised eyebrow. “Its going to be kind of awkward with a loft don’t you think? unless it’s some kind of Companion thing. You know I don’t judge.”

Eli Mathers

Post by Eli Mathers »

"Yeah it's kind of a Companion thing... gonna have to wait like 9 months to meet this roomie and then spend the next 18 or so supporting him or her." Eli replied
Agent Eli Mathers

Isabella price

Post by Isabella price »

“Is it some kind of training thing? Why the hell does she have to wait nine months for them to show up? Then they have to stay with you for 18 years! What they hell are they a baby?” Bella inquired shaking her head in disbelief. She was impressed with Eli’s open mindedness with Inara’s whole profession but this was going a fit far. Nine months and then 18 years...

Bella’s jaw went slack and her eyes grew larger as it finally dawned on her what Eli had been trying to tell her.

“Oh my god I’m a fucking idiot.” Bella said putting her head in her hands.

Eli Mathers

Post by Eli Mathers »

"I won't say anything." Eli chuckled and cocked his head. "Wow... that really took you a minute to figure out. So... you want to be godmother?"
Agent Eli Mathers

Isabella price

Post by Isabella price »

"Me?" Bella inquired shocked. "Are you sure? I wouldn't say I'm the best choice. I mean wouldn't Kinsey be a better choice?'"