Ballroom Blitz

After the deaths of so many, it is time to rally and fight back. The Alliance is put through it's greatest test since it's founding, but can it retain its soul and the ideals they fought so long and hard to uphold? Will the darkness overtake the light? Will the Alpha and Beta Quadrants be the same when the dust settles?
Cece Ryder

Re: Ballroom Blitz

Post by Cece Ryder »

"Well Trini has an excuse cowboy." Cece said and pecked his cheek. "Wait until you carry twins." she said and tried to be optimistic. "So where's my former Yeoman?"

"Right here..." Trinity said as she waddled in. "So what happened?"

"No idea... RJ was in an accident." Cece replied and hugged Trinity. "Why don't you two get something to eat... drink... we'll talk later. This is for Eli and Inara... shouldn't ruin their night."

"You do know we don't HAVE to do this..." Eli replied.

"I'm Chief of Staff, I kinda outrank you." Cece teased and looked at her mother. ~ I keep sensing... something... we need to get people in the back party room. It's shielded. I don't know what it is... but there's someone or something out there. It feels... dark.~
Carly "Cece" Calhoun-Ryder
Nanny/Bodyguard/Tech Support

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

Ethan grinned and winked at Kinsey. "That's a mighty fine offer ma'am," he said exaggerating his drawl."

He leaned in close to Cece and whispered, "You want me to check in on him?"
Major General Ethan Talon
CO III Corps of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Cece Ryder

Post by Cece Ryder »

"Not unless you have a medical degree that I don't know about General." Cece said and patted his cheek. "I'll check on him once there's something to check in on. Not that I'm not worried. Just... enjoy the night with your wife Ethan." she looked at Trinity. "I envy you two. You're having something I'll never have." she said softly.

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

"There is more than one way to have it my sweet Carly." Kinsey said as she squeezed her hand and looked over at Eli. "Mathers you're hovering. We hid the presents in the backroom. Why don't you go get something to eat and be nosey with Bella?"

Cece Ryder

Post by Cece Ryder »

"You'll never guess what people got you." Cece said and whispered to her mother. "Well, I've miscarried more than I care to admit." she winced. "I think my father made it so that I couldn't unless he approved of the father." she glanced around. ~Not that I have other things to worry about... last thing I need is a child. I have a President and I have all of you.~

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

Ethan nodded, "Yes, ma'am. I'll... I'll... I'll just check on my wife."

He went to the punch bowl filled a glass and went in search of Trinity. Finding her almost immediately he moved next to her and handed her the glass. He smiled and let out a fake chuckle as if Trinity had just said something funny.

In a low conversational tone, "I don't know what's going on, but Cece and Kinsey are on edge. They're trying to pretend everything is fine, but they keep looking around, and she's being damned cryptic. We walked in on something, I just haven't a clue what that is. I hope you brought your kliden."
Major General Ethan Talon
CO III Corps of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

"And a father who could possible fix that." Kinsey said giving her a look. "You know you can talk to me about these things Carly and Jack will do whatever he can to help. He'd move mountains for you no matter what it took and so would I."

Cece Ryder

Post by Cece Ryder »

"Mom... I'm physically a lot older than I look. Part of it's the hardware... the rest is the software." Cece said and smiled slightly. "Besides... I'm..." she held up a finger. "I just heard something."

Trinity patted her hip. "I never leave home without it. And I knew I sensed something. That's why I took so long getting ready." she pecked his cheek and walked over to Carly and Kinsey. "I'm sensing it too... it feels... Ajem and yet... familiar. Like... us."

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

"Grozit," Kinsey cursed. "Trinity I want you in the back make sure Bella is back there with you. Don't argue your parents would never forgive me."

Cece Ryder

Post by Cece Ryder »

"I agree." Trinity whispered and kept a grip on her kilden and hid it in the folds of her long flowy dress. "Be careful you two." she said softly and motioned to Ethan. "Let's go in the back with Bella and the others... there's presents..."

Cece looked to her mother. "Whatever it is... it's above us."