Ballroom Blitz

After the deaths of so many, it is time to rally and fight back. The Alliance is put through it's greatest test since it's founding, but can it retain its soul and the ideals they fought so long and hard to uphold? Will the darkness overtake the light? Will the Alpha and Beta Quadrants be the same when the dust settles?
Kinsey Calhoun

Re: Ballroom Blitz

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

Kinsey reached out with her mind and wrapped invisible fingers around Ophelia's throat.

"Let her go." Kinsey commanded a dark savage look in her eyes.

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

Ethan drew the tiny thumb phaser tucked inside his boot, and slowly worked his way around the perimeter of the the room using the dark and tables to conceal his progress. He knew the ijulna would give him away, but he was hoping that this Ajem would be distracted. He'd considered hitting the emergency beacon on his comm unit, but if this woman was right and there were a bunch of acolytes protecting her things could get messy. The last thing he wanted, especially with Trinity here. Finally having flanked Ophelia he stood and leveled his phaser on her, but didn't fire or say a word.
Major General Ethan Talon
CO III Corps of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Ophelia

Post by Ophelia »

"Nuh uh..." Ophelia said as she looked at Ethan and used the Iljuna to crush his phaser in his hand. "This is between us girls..." she force pushed him against the wall and choked him. "Stay down 'brother'..." turning her attention back to Selene and Kinsey and Cece she smiled and cocked her head. "Perhaps you all don't understand who and what you're dealing with." she looked at Selene and then glanced at Kinsey. "You care for this one too don't you? I can do this to every single person you love before you even attempt to harm me." snapping her fingers she used her fine control of the Iljuna to cut off the flow of blood from Selene's heart. "She has about a minute." dropping her roughly from her floating position she drew her kilden. "Now... do I have to make this messier or will you come quietly?"
Ophelia
Daughter of Dominus

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

Ethan wiped blood that and trickled in twin tendrils from his nostrils. "You are no sister of mine," growled before changing her like a mad bull. His right hand extended reaching for her throat trying to will the ijulna to do his bidding. This woman represented a threat to his wife, his children, family and friends. Her face not so unlike his own mother's, and he would gladly crush it to protect them.
Major General Ethan Talon
CO III Corps of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Kinsey Calhoun

Post by Kinsey Calhoun »

Kinsey pushed Ethan away with a thought her eyes fixed on Ophelia ready to rip her apart. She should have snapped her neck.

"Don't do it Kinsey." Inara called as she knelt next to Selene checking for a pulse. Her hand shook when she could find one. "Selene wouldn't want you to. She'd want you to rip that bitch apart."

Ophelia

Post by Ophelia »

"Oh did I kill your little spider?" Ophelia said in a mocking tone of voice." Such language Miss Inara... although good luck trying to rip me apart." she smiled and appeared in another part of the bar. "I'm here but not really here. You think I'd be stupid enough to come here, knowing what you're capable of and not take precautions? I'll be back for the rest..." she snapped her fingers and a dark red transporter beam enveloped Kinsey and Carly. "I'll just tell the Lady Ajem that you resisted and I had to vaporize you." she wiggled her fingers. "Ta ta!"

Cece could feel the beam pulling at her, it wasn't like a normal transporter, it seemed to rip and tear at her body. "No... mother... no..." she screamed in pain as the last thing she saw before the beam took her was her mother.

The beam left the room and all that was left on the floor were scraps of clothing and hair, a boot and some jewelry.

"Guess I left you something to bury after all... huh... have to recalibrate that." Ophelia said as she blew a kiss to Ethan. "Sleep with an eye open brother. Always wanted to pop the belly of a pregnant woman." she said before fading away, her kilden dropping to the floor.
Ophelia
Daughter of Dominus

Inara

Post by Inara »

Inara activated the emergency comm band on Selene's wrist as tears streamed down her cheeks. Carly's scream still rang in her ears as she cradled Selene's dead body in her arms. It had happened so quickly now and what was left of Carly laid only a few feet away and Kinsey...she didn't know if she was alive or dead only that she was gone.
Inara
Ambassador to Thessia

Clint Cross

Post by Clint Cross »

Clint burst out of the backroom and ran toward Selene and Inara. "Inara... is she...?" he didn't want the answer, her lifeless form told him enough. "Computer! Track transport!"

"Cannot comply. Sensors disabled." it intoned.

"Who's authority?" Clint snapped back.

"Rebecca Rose Sandoval, Secretary of Navy. Seconded by Nicholas Noel Ryder, Director Alpha Section Intelligence." it replied.

Clint clenched his fists and punched the wall. "Inara... take care of Selene... call... call her father. He should be at AlphaTek Tower. News goes nowhere but him and the family here." he knelt down next to Selene. "She wouldn't want me to go off half cocked."
Director Clint Cross
Naval Intelligence
Codename: Hawkeye/Hawkguy

Inara

Post by Inara »

"No she wouldn't." Inara said as she wiped at her eyes and looked up to see Bella standing in the doorway. She just stood there looking down at them like a statue, unmoving. Whatever pieces of joy she'd been clinging to just died with her mother.

"I'll tell him." Bella said finally, her voice cold. "He doesn't know Inara."

"Bella-"

"No it's fine but someone should tell Jack." Bella replied looking over at the pile of clothing.
Inara
Ambassador to Thessia

Eli Mathers

Post by Eli Mathers »

"Remember last time Kinsey died? He went obsessive nutso." Eli said as he pulled out his comm and put a small disk on Selene. "SS Control, one to beam to stasis morgue, secure transport, scramble pattern delta 8837." he said and looked at Clint. "We'll get her Clint... but we need to preserve this. Everything." he dropped another couple of disks on the floor around the scraps of what was left of Kinsey and Carly's clothing, the distinctive blonde and black lock of hair Carly kept tightly braided behind her ear. Still, it certainly looked like they were both dead, somehow scramble de-materialized. It was something he know he had seen before but never in the field.

"Yeah... sorry this whole party went to hell." Clint sighed and looked at where Selene had fallen. "I'm still processing this..."

"I know man... I'm still in shock. Although why am I surprised. Every damn time I go out on a date and Bella's around, shit happens." Eli whispered. "And I am not blaming her in even the slightest. It's just... I'm thinking this is confirming what Inara and I have been discussing. We're going to nail this Ajem bitch and I'm going to take my future wife, my future child and find some place away from all this."
Agent Eli Mathers
Presidential Secret Service Chief