Ballroom Blitz

After the deaths of so many, it is time to rally and fight back. The Alliance is put through it's greatest test since it's founding, but can it retain its soul and the ideals they fought so long and hard to uphold? Will the darkness overtake the light? Will the Alpha and Beta Quadrants be the same when the dust settles?
Eli Mathers

Ballroom Blitz

Post by Eli Mathers »

Eli was waiting for Inara to finish getting ready for their little impromptu engagement party. It would be good for them to get out and have some fun, celebrate with their friends who were more family than their own. He was also giving a lot of thought to possibly starting something of his own, something with the flexibility that would let him be with Inara and their child more. Not that they really had to worry about money, her diplomatic duties and he knew damn well the Administration would take care of him, there was a hefty sum in his retirement account from Nick Ryder, as well as a lot of unused bonuses he never took out. It helped when he was a bachelor and lived at the Compound.

"I'm pretty sure Jack and Kinsey are going to beat us there, they have a time machine... for all I know we were more than fashionably late and they left and came back the next day after partying all night on their own." Eli chuckled as he fixed his tie. "I'm still kind of shocked at how many clubs there are around now, seems like a new one opens every week. Think this place is secure? I'm not having a whole security team there. Last time I used a whole team, they glared at me for a week because I wouldn't let them 'have fun'"
Agent Eli Mathers
Presidential Secret Service Chief

Inara

Re: Ballroom Blitz

Post by Inara »

Inara laughed as she helped him fix his tie.

“Well it’s a good thing Clint and Selene will be there and Kinsey insisted we have it at Joe’s. I think considering the location and company you might be able to let them have a little fun.” Inara said as she smoothed out his tie. “I think they need something to celebrate.”
Inara
Ambassador to Thessia

Eli Mathers

Post by Eli Mathers »

"I think we all do." Eli said and smiled as he looked at her. "God you're beautiful. I almost want to just stay home... but we do need to celebrate. And I'm sure if we didn't arrive... Kinsey and Jack and Clint would barge in."
Agent Eli Mathers

Inara

Post by Inara »

“Certainly Kinsey.” Inara agreed. “She’s probably been cleaning glasses and stocking home brew all day. Not to mention driving Joe and her Mother insane.”
Inara
Ambassador to Thessia

Eli Mathers

Post by Eli Mathers »

"I'll bet. So can you answer something... how the hell can that woman hold more alcohol than men twice her size? I mean I would have been blacked out and half dead with what she drinks." Eli shook his head. "I really couldn't have done this without you Inara... I was half dead in a bottle before I met you."
Agent Eli Mathers

Inara

Post by Inara »

“And I felt soulless after Thessia. You gave me a home...you are my home Eli Mathers.” Inara said softly as she looked into his eyes. Recalling the first she had laid eyes on him in the training house. He’d been a client then, unaware of it. But apart of her wondered if maybe Kinsey had known this would happen.

The idea made Inara laugh Kinsey had a gift but she wasn’t a God. Not even the great Kinsey Calhoun could have foreseen this. It was a case of the right place at the right time. The universe had a way of bringing people together.
Inara
Ambassador to Thessia

Eli Mathers

Post by Eli Mathers »

"Okay now I'm really starting to feel like staying home..." Eli said with a smile and kissed her lips. "But I suppose we're dressed, ready and if I kiss you again, you'll need to redo your makeup again." he pulled out his communicator and put it on the counter. "No work comm, just my personal. President needs security, he's got three units at his disposal, plus the Navy, plus more spooks..."
Agent Eli Mathers

Inara

Post by Inara »

Inara frowned, “I can’t believe I just lost a bet with the President. We may have to name our first born Jonathan.”
Inara
Ambassador to Thessia

Eli Mathers

Post by Eli Mathers »

"I actually like the name... " Eli shrugged his shoulders. "Or we could have a girl. I'd suggest Bella, but naming one's daughter after an ex... that's weird right?"
Agent Eli Mathers

Inara

Post by Inara »

“Just a bit but I do like the name as well. Bella would feel uncomfortable about it.” Inara said as she took his hand. “Perhaps a middle name then.”
Inara
Ambassador to Thessia