Dark Responses

After the deaths of so many, it is time to rally and fight back. The Alliance is put through it's greatest test since it's founding, but can it retain its soul and the ideals they fought so long and hard to uphold? Will the darkness overtake the light? Will the Alpha and Beta Quadrants be the same when the dust settles?
James Cross

Re: Dark Responses

Post by James Cross »

"Well, Daisy could probably take over Kassie's spot, since she's more or less... unattached. She was only really on the staff because Jon had Kinsey head up an Intel division here and Daisy came with her." James said as he stood on the other side of her door and looked away as he looked at his padd. "Alpha Section could probably send someone or SHIELD. And Director Decker wanted to speak to you and Jon sometime today. Also... Nick Ryder is sending over lunch for you. Said if you try to send it away or give it to someone else, he'll come personally and spend the rest of the day at the office. So I suggest you listen to him." he sighed. "Dad and I just needed to do what we were doing to stay sane. I'm going to suggest Mackenzie come over to help him. MC and JC are still sort of... trying to keep Jack from doing something stupider."
James "Half Round" Cross
Adoptive Son of Clint Cross
Presidential Chief of Staff - Terra Alpha Tower

Isabella price

Post by Isabella price »

Bella paused as she pulled her suit out of the closet.

"Stupider? What's he doing now?" She inquired as she continued getting dressed.
First Lady Isabella Price

James Cross

Post by James Cross »

"No idea but he goes nutso when it comes to Kinsey." James said and poked his head around the door and tossed a small padd on the bed with his eyes closed. "MC thinks he's going to do some time travel bull... who knows. By the way... I know you and I are just adopted siblings but I want to be your assistant full time. Not just like... whatever this is. "
James "Half Round" Cross

Isabella price

Post by Isabella price »

Bella raised an eyebrow, "I thought you were working with Dad."

James Cross

Post by James Cross »

"Because someone had to keep him from getting the Intel squad together." James said with a smirk. "There's like five arrow cases in the living room behind the couch." he held up his arm. "Although I AM keeping these gauntlets. Mom hated when I used her gear, my forearms are a little bigger than her's. I can't legally have a sidearm but these... no law against them!"
James "Half Round" Cross

Isabella price

Post by Isabella price »

"She wouldn't mind." Bella said as she stepped out of the bedroom and smiled at him. "She would want you to be protected. So fine you can be my assistant. It won't be as exciting as intel."

James Cross

Post by James Cross »

James smiled and held her hand. "I'm sure I'll manage." he looked at her. "We're in this together."
James "Half Round" Cross

Isabella price

Post by Isabella price »

"You bet kid. Now let's go to work." Bella said as they left the residence leaving her father to his own devices.

James Cross

Post by James Cross »

Later --

James was sitting at Cece's desk and trying to get a handle on what work she still had scheduled and meetings and other things. Kassie was sitting on the corner of the desk going through a couple of PADDS. He gave her a chuckle as he saw her dangling her shoe off her foot.

"Why does this remind me of some old movie, with 'Girl Friday' sitting on the desk ..." James said and rolled his eyes.

"If Girl Friday was 4 months pregnant and entirely hating being dressed." Kassie said with a wince. "Are you really sure you want me to take over as Chief of Staff?"

"Don't have many other options at the moment luv." Jon said as he walked out of his office. "Where is Isabella?"

"Conference Room using the big board." James gestured to the door. "How'd the meeting go?"

'"No one is happy and everyone is pissing me off..." Jon sighed and rubbed his eyes. "Bella still spiking her coffee? I need a bloody drink..." he muttered and walked into the conference room and closed the door. "Is it too late to give you the job back?"
James "Half Round" Cross

Isabella price

Post by Isabella price »

“Yes,” Bella said bluntly as she sipped at her mug.

She hated coffee, absolutely despised it but it did an excellent job of hiding the bourbon she put in it. Truthfully, she didn’t even know why she was drinking it it didn’t make her feel any better.

“Khan wants you to go to war. I told him no.”