Security Measures

After the deaths of so many, it is time to rally and fight back. The Alliance is put through it's greatest test since it's founding, but can it retain its soul and the ideals they fought so long and hard to uphold? Will the darkness overtake the light? Will the Alpha and Beta Quadrants be the same when the dust settles?
Shrin

Security Measures

Post by Shrin »

General Shrin, and Colonel MacDonald sat in Kassie's new office. A holographic map of Capital City was being projected above the desk.

"Ms. Cain," Shrin pleaded, "The president must issue an air exclusion zone over the entirely of the city, and we have to employ transporter scramblers, preferably all over the city, but at the very least around all key government buildings and wherever the president is."

"Aye lass. An' ye got ta allow me ta employ sniper teams overlooking all four corners of the presidential compound in addition to the Secret Service an' me wee special forces teams. Ya ken this is no time fer 'alf measures no?" Dougal added.
Last edited by Shrin on Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kassie Kaine-Calhoun

Re: Security Measures

Post by Kassie Kaine-Calhoun »

Kassie put her hands on her hips and looked at the General and Colonel. "We can do all that... and I'm going to add a few other things. Remember, I was President Ryder's yeoman and well... we did develop most of the Capitol City's defenses." she brought up another holographic display. "Air exclusion zone is a given but that really only applies to law abiding craft. Bad guys will blow through that faster than whip cream. I'm going to order the USS O'Leary to cloak and remain over Capitol City. It's just a beefed up Galaxy Class saucer but I like to call it a cheap death star." she winked and brought up another display. "As for your sniper teams, we can do that, but wouldn't it be easier to simply deploy automated sniper drones? In an attack the meaty snipers will be the first things they look for. Sniper drones can camouflage to look like a part of the building. You can have a few but not a whole team. This Compound has way more toys and defenses than either of you really know about." she said and gestured to a holographic representation of the Compound. "Before President Ryder gave this place to the Prices, he beefed up things massively. We also have access to a squadron of Soong-type android security forces with personality engrams based on some of the best fighters in the Federation. Now they are sort of a 'break glass in emergency' thing simply because well... they don't like being activated and then told to stand down. We crank 'em up, they're going to stay around for a minute."
Kassandra "Ka'h'zy" Kaine-Calhoun
Price Administration - Xenexian Delegate

Shrin

Post by Shrin »

"I'll order Lt. General Davies of the 3rd Air Wing to fly regular patrols over the city."

"I don't trust drones," Dougal said with a shrug. "An we can mask their life signs, and these are special forces ma'am. Hiding and sneaking is what they do. I was thinking four pairs rotating out every few hours."

Kassie Kaine-Calhoun

"Just keep the flesh and blood to a minimum, alright? And don't knock the drones, these aren't what you've been used to." Kassie tapped her bracelet. "Tammy? Can you come in please?"

A few moments later a thin brunette entered the room and looked at Kassie. "You called me ma'am?"

"Think fast." Kassie said as she drew a weapon from seemingly nowhere and fired at her. Tammy dodged the blast and in quicker than a thought took the phaser out of Kassie's hand. "Nice work."

"What was that for?" Tammy said as she looked confused.

"Just a demonstration." Kassie said with a smile.

"Ah... right..." she looked at Shrin and Davies. "They still don't trust drones and Synth's huh?"

"Just not the high class ones like you." Kassie replied and patted her shoulder. "Tammy is similar to the ones I'm suggesting. Soong type but with a lot of upgrades and engrams based on real people. Tammy was one of the secret service agents that were killed during all that Ajem'dasis nonsense last year. She agreed to have her neural patterns mapped and recorded. In essence this IS the same Tammy, but with a few upgrades. Same training. Same reflexes just much much faster when she sees danger."

"Also I can just be rebuilt or repaired if I'm attacked... although paper cuts and stubbing my toe still hurt. Go figure." Tammy said with a shrug of her shoulders. "Anything else?"

"That's all Tammy... " Kassie said and opened the door. "You see Dr. Soong has been contributing to the war effort ever since he's been here, even though he likes to play the charming host of a fancy island resort. Gives him something to do and he's starting to enjoy hosting people in limited numbers. My husband and I had a honeymoon there. Did not get dressed once for like four days." she sighed happily. "Anyway... we should also have a cloaked fighter patrol as well. Keep an air patrol that is on a separate path, let them think that's all we have patrolling."

Shrin

Post by Shrin »

"Nothing wrong with a show of force," Shrin agreed. "I don't have the authority to direct this, but I suggest Planetary Control sends Capital traffic to Hag Harbor, and New London. I hust hope the train system can handle the additional volume. Also, I think your little toys should not be wasted on canvassing and patrols. They should be assigned to every government official, and friends and family of the ruleing family."

Dougal chuckled, "General Talon, and Admiral Ryder are no going to like that wee idea one bit."

Kassie Kaine-Calhoun

"They already have that." Kassie said with a smirk. "After Nick Ryder stepped down all his cloak suited secret secret service guys... they got reassigned to family. That's also one reason why the kitchen at Leo's is always busy, they're beaming food and snacks and drinks to them around the planet. Unless they're on a ship then they stay on the surface. Beatriz is a fuckin' hoot with her Admiral Angel stories."

Shrin

Post by Shrin »

Shrin stood, "Well it sounds as if you have everything well in hand. Oh, there is one more thing. I'd like to have a unit of Marines on all Alliance ships. Even if it's only a squad or a platoon. The larger ships like the Erebus could probably take on a whole Division, but that is far from an entire corps or Expeditionary Force. It would bolster the ship's security and puts us in a better position to quickly respond to threats. After all we don't have transport ships of our own. We need the Navy or the Merchant Guard for that."

Malcolm Foster

Post by Malcolm Foster »

"Rather dirty pool eh?" Malcolm said as he entered the office. "Ask the poor girl who had just barely been promoted to Chief of Staff for that... " he cocked his head. "Y'just imply that since y'don't have transport ships of your own... " he shook his head. "I'm yankin' yuir chain... now Kassie isn't the one to ask about that, the other shite sure... but that... y'ask me. And... give me numbers. How many are we talking about and how many ships?"
Malcolm Foster
Vice President, Terra Alpha

Shrin

Post by Shrin »

"All of them," Shrin said simply, "and as many as you can fit."

Malcolm Foster

Post by Malcolm Foster »

"You never just ask for a little do you?" Malcolm replied. "I'll see what I can do."
Malcolm Foster
Vice President, Terra Alpha