Progenies: Chapter 1

Stories of our characters in alternate realities or of alternate versions of our characters finding their way to our reality. Stories can unhappen or change canon here at a drop of a hat so be prepared for a bit of a mind trip!
Diana Talon

Re: Progenies

Post by Diana Talon »

"Honestly... it's hot as hell out and if the things we're working up in the Skunkworks are as good as they say, we won't need to go hand to hand." Diana said as she looked at her sword. "Not that it isn't a great work out. But we know each other too well. Besides... Simon and I have been training together when we can." she nudged the tall Narlin with her elbow. "And it's been years since there've been Ajem operating in the open."

Lilith Stormtalon

Post by Lilith Stormtalon »

"You know," Lilith said. "Royal blood flows through your veins. Who was it Arthur?"

"Huh?" He looked at her confused for a moment. "Oh yeah, of course. Uh some Sandoval in the 1500's hooked up with the daughter of King Philip of Spain... her mother was Queen Mary of England."

"Well, there you go Simon. You won't have to give up your lands if you wanted to marry her."

"Marry her?" He stammered.

"I've seen how you two look at each other," Lilith replied.

"Don't remind me..." Arthur practically gagged. "Di's been writing 'Diana Stormtalon' in her diary for ages now."
Lilith of the House Stormtalon, the First of Her Name, Queen of Kalmeth, and the Aggon'kor, Protector of the Realm, and the faith. Empress of the Holy Narlin Empire

Diana Talon

Post by Diana Talon »

"Supposedly great-grandmother Tess is related to some royals of some race that's buggered off decades now." Di shrugged her shoulders. "And of course we're Ryders... that's almost royalty around here anyway." she giggled at Simon's reaction. "Well we practically grew up together. First boy I ever really knew that wasn't related by blood to me. You know how hard that is around here?"

Arthur Talon

Post by Arthur Talon »

"Tell me about it," Arthur grumbled. "I ran into a girl the other day. Thought she was good looking. Turns out she's a third cousin. We almost have to go out of race just to make sure there isn't any incest."

Diana Talon

Post by Diana Talon »

"And it gets worse with the Xenexians." Di shook her head. "Guess the baby boom ended with our generation." she chuckled lightly. "Something sure was in the water then."

"Post war baby boom, always happens." Lana shrugged her shoulders. "I chose not to have kids because well... I had the lot of you around. Scratched that itch. Besides... never quite met anyone that really did it for me."

"Always were picky." Di agreed.

"Hey, I was a five year old in the body of a sixteen year old. Even with telepathic learning and all that, still never felt... comfortable. So I got a rep as a bitch early on, which sucked. Why do you think I was your nanny? Your dad made sure the guys left me alone. He was always like a big brother to me, still is." Lana said with a smirk. "Although Arthur... I thought we talked about those creepy ass fantasies of your's... gotta find you a steady girl."

"I'll second that." Di said with grin. "Well the nursing college just had graduation, pretty sure that Leo's will be full of nubile young nurses and medical students. And the beauty college that opened up across the street... talk about plastic on parade."

Arthur Talon

Post by Arthur Talon »

"I'm not sure a bar hookup is a great start to a serious relationship," Arthur stated. "Besides I'm not ready to settle down. I'm not adverse to a relationship, it's just not something I want."

Lana Ryder

Post by Lana Ryder »

"Why not?" Lana shrugged her shoulders. "Besides Leo's is like... second home for us. Grandpa Nick's place is like... still the hotspot of downtown Capitol life." she gave Arthur a smirk. "And you know all you have to do is drop that you're related to me. Should get you into someone's panties. I have just as many female fans as male after that last album. I should introduce you to that one actress you like, all her boyfriends are assholes."

"Well she was on that one show... what was it called? Douchebag Hotel?" Vin said with a laugh.

"It was a character she played... she's not that airheaded. Girl's got like a Master's degree in chemistry." Lana said with a smile. "Hey don't say I never offered. Course who cares if you're seeing anyone... I'm not and I'm happy. I'm too busy anyway... not like the Ryder family needs me to add to it. Between the Mata Hari's, my own solo career, working for SHIELD and oh yeah... watching you guys... who has time for dating?"
Lanakila "Lana" Ryder
Daughter of Olivia Ryder & Ethan Riddic

Lilith Stormtalon

Post by Lilith Stormtalon »

"You don't have to have a serious relationship if you don't want to," Lilith said sympathetically. "The Privy Council has been trying to marry me off for years."

"Thank you," Arthur said wirh a smile. "It's no one's business, and not exactly a discussion I want to be having with my sister and the rest of the extended family.

Lilith laughed and turned Kat, "Will I be seeing at Kerrith Palace tonight?" The Empire had constructed the palace on Terra Alpha for Emperor Stormrage over twenty years ago. It was to be used for Royal State visits. Lilith had consolidated the Narlin Embassy into it shortly after her coronation finding the massive estate a waste of resources.

"Of course Empress," the aging Jase'dasis said with a bow of her head.

"Let's go," Lilith said excitedly, and bent down to belt on her real sword.

Simon followed Liliths example, but his massive sword was too cumbersome to hang from his hip and slipped the strap across his chest to hang from his back. The others hung their practice swords and they left the practice yard with a youthful step. Their day's labors forgotten.
Lilith of the House Stormtalon, the First of Her Name, Queen of Kalmeth, and the Aggon'kor, Protector of the Realm, and the faith. Empress of the Holy Narlin Empire

Diana Talon

Post by Diana Talon »

"I"ll buy the first round since I kinda owe everyone. Really thought Arthur would beat Vin this time." Diana said with a light chuckle and patted her 'big' brother on the back. "Maybe Uncle Mark and Aunt April will be there. Mom did say they'd be around since the Kitea is actually staying docked for a while. Ten year refits." she gave Kat a look. "Y'know... it's almost the anniversary of when you all came to Terra Alpha, after mom helped rescue you. Wasn't for you, only Vin would be standing here."

Kat Donovan

Post by Kat Donovan »

"Excuse me!" Livvy exclaimed. "I was born before your mom came back. So, Vin and I."

Kat shook her head, "Nay lass. I have no doubt in yer mother's abilities. I have gotten to ken her well over the years, an I have no doubt she would have escaped without me."

"Well, The Empire is eternally grateful to you," Simon said in his deep rumble. "We... Lilith and I are eternally grateful to you."