Progenies: Chapter 1

Stories of our characters in alternate realities or of alternate versions of our characters finding their way to our reality. Stories can unhappen or change canon here at a drop of a hat so be prepared for a bit of a mind trip!
Livvy Sandoval

Progenies: Chapter 1

Post by Livvy Sandoval »

Arthur Talon wiped the sweat from his eyes. It was another hot summer day, and the pratice yard was dusty and offered little in the way of shade.

He was a powerfully built young man tipping the scales at over 200 pounds of of solid muscle. He had just turned twenty-four just a few weeks earlier, and his years working on the ranch bucking hay, and roping cattle had still yet to fade from his weathered face. His green eyes had a slight Asian upturn to go with his distinctive French nose, and Irish complexion.

"Hey Liv where's the water?"

His older cousin turned and tossed him a water skin. The water was warm, but in his thirst tasted better than anything he'd ever had before.

Olivia Sandoval accepted the water skin back and drank herself. The two looked nothing like family, as cousins were often didn't. Her hair was red to his sandy blonde, and the Klingon ridges gave her an exotic look.

Empress Lilith Stormtalon dropped into the gravel, followed by her brother Simon. The two Narlins looked like they had barely broke a sweat, but Arthur knew better.

"I can't believe my parents are making us learn this crap," Olivia complained. "It's like they assume I would want to because of my Klingon heritage."

"It's fun," Arthur said. "Besides it beats bucking hay bales into the hover skiff, or fixing fences."

"I'd rather be fishing," Simon said, "but I guess this is fun."

"It's the law," Lilith said. "Well, it is a requirement for us Narlins, and you humans should know how to handle a sword in case the Ajem'dasis return."

Liv sighed, "And here we are. My father agrees."

"Yeah, well he taught dad, so of course he would," Arthur replied. He stood up and hefted his heavy practice sword into his grip and flurished the steel.

Not everyone could wield a kliden, the mark of the Dasis Orders, so the normal people had to make do with Vibranium. It was a bit lighter than steel, so in theory the steel helped condition and strengthen their arms.

Not that the Narlins needed any help in that category. Olivia had the bruises to prove it. Arthur on the other hand was a natural swordsman. He was quick on his feet, and had an uncanny sense of predicting his opponents moves, much to the chagrin of his Narlin opponents who were sporting their own bruises from his sword.
Last edited by Livvy Sandoval on Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nora Nicole Singh

Re: Progenies

Post by Nora Nicole Singh »

"Swords... sigh. So medieval." Nora said with a smirk as she walked over to the training yard. "Centuries of technological advancement and we still swing bits of metal around."

"Says the girl with a father born in the 20th Century..." Lana Ryder said with an amused chuckle. "I'm only here to referee." she shrugged her shoulder as she sat down on a fence rail and fixed the braid in her long black and pink hair. "And to make sure Simon and Lil don't give Livvy another concussion and you know how our moms get."

"I'm supposed to train with you guys too but... I don't think I'll ever need to use a sword like that. Uncle Nick may look like Eomer sorta but this isn't like Lord of the Thrones or whatever." Nora said as she tightened the laces on her brand new training shoes and got the wrinkles out of her spandex pants. "Still... someone has to be the spoiler, three girls against two boys are much better odds."
Nora Nicole Singh
Time Displaced Agent/1stLadies1st Model

Arthur Talon

Post by Arthur Talon »

"Not all of us are here," Arthur added. "Where's your brother Liv?"

"How should I know? I'm his twin not his keeper. Where's the rest of you siblings?" Liv demanded.

"How should I know?" He grinned widely, "I'm their brother not their keeper."

"Enough!" The Empress of the Narlin Empire demanded. "We are here to maintain the use of swords in case they are needed." At that she charged her younger brother, who was a good head talller, and had 50 kilos of muscle on her.

Her swung his enormous bastard sword, and Lilith didn't bother to block the blow. It would have knocked the sword from her hands. Instead, as if she had expected his attack, dropped to her knees and slid under the swing, and caught him in the chest with the rounded point of her practice sword, marking a fatal blow.

Vin Ryder

Post by Vin Ryder »

Vin clapped as he watched Lilith take her brother down. "Nice work Empress... of course, if your brother wasn't the gentleman he was, he could have played dirty but he won't." the burly tattooed man said as he pulled off his jacket. "Sorry I'm late, ma needed my help with unloading some stuff for the Japanese garden she's putting in. So... Empress 1 everyone else... Zero?"
Vin Ryder
Good Guy from the Future

Diana Talon

Post by Diana Talon »

"I still say everyone should have shuttlepooled but noooo... of course, that would make too much sense." Diana said as she walked over and took off her sunglasses. "Did I miss Lilith kicking Simon's ass? Dammit." she pulled her medium length brown hair up with a scrunchie and slid her glasses back on. "Mom is on a real ass reaming tear through the ranch. Ever since Jo Jo and Willy ran the truck through one of her berry groves, she's been yelling at everyone. I should have left earlier... but Paul was still fixing my shower. I really need to get my own place." she hefted a large canvas bag loaded with cold water. "Livvy it was your turn to bring the water and stuff but I brought more. Simon... since you're the first 'dead' man today... need me to kiss the boo boo better?"

Livvy Sandoval

Post by Livvy Sandoval »

"Girls one, and guys zip," Olivia added with a mischievous grin.

"It wasn't fair! How was I supposed to know that I was going to get attacked?" Simon demanded.

"You should always be prepared," Arthur replied. "Besides I doubt the outcome would have been any different. You are completely predictable. You might be the biggest guy on the planet, so your default attack is 'Hulk smash'! Your sister just used that against you."

Vin Ryder

Post by Vin Ryder »

"Exactly, why do you think I spent a couple of summers learning how to dance? Not just to pick up women... but for a bit of grace and poise and agility." Vin said as he picked up a sword. "I learned a long time ago, size and strength mean precisely dick when it comes to these skinny little girls. Third of our size and weight, can take us down without breaking a sweat." he approached Simon. "She's got speed, agility and girl power on her side. Hey Lana... mind if I kick your ass?"

"Yeah right." Lana rolled her eyes and gave him a look. "You're way too chivalrous to lay a hand on any of us girls and actually fight like you mean it. Which we use to our benefit. Arthur... why don't you and Vin go next. Just remember... this is training, if I have to haul any of you to the ER... "

"Always the big sister ain't she?" Vin rolled his eyes. "I'm the older one... stupid time dilation."
Vin Ryder
Good Guy from the Future

Arthur Talon

Post by Arthur Talon »

"Things were weird back in the day," Arthur said as he drew his dagger and held it in a reverse grip while settling into his stance with his hand-a-half sword held in position.

Then like a striking viper Arthur's sword came down. His initial attack was blocked, and he tried to hook with his dagger and missed.

Vin Ryder

Post by Vin Ryder »

"Not bad Art... not bad." Vin said with an approving smile. "You finally picked up my trick from last time." he parried with the sword and spun around and whacked him with the flat edge against the shoulder. "Told you that you need to pick up dancing... "
Vin Ryder
Good Guy from the Future

Arthur Talon

Post by Arthur Talon »

Arthur shook off the slap, shaking his head in frustration with himself. He'd let his guard down. Flourishing his sword he made a quick perry to the high outside, and blocked an incoming attack with his dagger. He lashed out with an expertly timed riposte, and simply dodged another attack.

Arthur used his strength to incorporate the Capo Ferro fencing techniques that were usually reserved for the lighter rapiers. Grunting he pushed Vin away, and caught Vin's sword in the cross between dagger and sword to stop the heavy blow. He then dropped his sword arm for a swipe at Vin's extended leg.
Last edited by Arthur Talon on Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.