Progenies: Chapter 1

Stories of our characters in alternate realities or of alternate versions of our characters finding their way to our reality. Stories can unhappen or change canon here at a drop of a hat so be prepared for a bit of a mind trip!
Diana Talon

Re: Progenies

Post by Diana Talon »

"Five bucks says Artie knocks Vin on his ass." Diana said with a grin to Lana.

"Ten. We're adults not children." Lana replied as she leaned forward.

"Go Arthur!" Diana said from the side, as much as she needled her brother, she was always in his cheering section. At least until it was their turn to spar together, then all bets were entirely off.

Arthur Talon

Post by Arthur Talon »

"Vin has the experience," Livvy said. "I'll put ten on Vin as well."

Arthur was panting, sweat streamed down his face and stung his eyes. Vin lashed out with a savage thrust to his left side. Arthur deflected the attack but it sent his dagger flying into the air, and Vin's blade missed him by inches.

Switching from a traditional 16th Century fencing stance Arthur experrly transitioned to a midieval long sword style holding his sword in two hands. Arthur blocked two more of Vin's attacks and shot his heel out to kick Vin in the stomach. The action separated them and Arthur hung back trying fo catch his breath.

Vin Ryder

Post by Vin Ryder »

"Hey you're switching up the styles... very good." Vin said as he swung his sword around and stretched his arm. "You're making us little guys look good to the Narlins." he took an offensive stance and locked swords with him. "So... rumor true... Di's got the hots for Simon?" he knew that was always a touchy subject with Arthur and if there was one thing his mother taught him 'Play dirty when there's money on the line'
Vin Ryder
Good Guy from the Future

Arthur Talon

Post by Arthur Talon »

Seeing through the ploy he ducked an attack, "Sure, and Lana and I were getting hot and heavy last night in your bed. You might have noticed an odd funky smell?"

He ducked Vin's attack, came in with his own which was blocked. They locked swords for a moment. "Isn't it time for your early bird special old man? Gotta get that senior discount, and be in bed by seven."

Vin Ryder

Post by Vin Ryder »

"Why would you say that? You and Lana.. we're cousins like by blood dude... " Vin stuck out his tongue and gave him a smirk. "Seriously... Lana's older than either of us now."
Vin Ryder
Good Guy from the Future

Arthur Talon

Post by Arthur Talon »

Arthur burst out laughing, and in his mirth Vin landed a would be fatal blow to end the match. Wheezing and laughing Arthur dropped his sword and fell to the ground exhausted. "Well played old man," Arthur conceded. "Well played.

Vin Ryder

Post by Vin Ryder »

"You have to stop callin' me old man." Vin extended his hand down to Arthur. "Or I'm going to start calling Farty again. I'm going bald because I'm half Furyan, shocked it lasted this long." he ran his hand over his head. "Course, men with bald heads are considered more virile and I haven't had any complaints in that department." he wiggled his eyebrows and patted Arthur on the back. "Although then again... when in the hell have you even dated anyone?"

"Good question." Di chimed in. "Although you cost me money Arthur..."

"Should know better than to bet on me. You know how big I'm going to get. And..." Vin cocked his head and looked at Diana's arms. "Can it be? Is it true... did Diana actually grow some biceps? Told you going that diet I'm on would change your life. Aunt Jena knows her stuff."

"Yeah yeah... Lana, paying you in berries." Diana chuckled lightly.

"I'll accept berries. So... you do realize we're not here right?" Lana said and glanced at Livvy. "You and Di are up."
Vin Ryder
Good Guy from the Future

Arthur Talon

Post by Arthur Talon »

"Let's see... I'm twenty-four. You were twenty something when I was born.... hmmm carry the one, plus two... yup you're old," Arthur teased Vin. "As far as my love life goes, it is none of your business, but if you must know, I'm not lacking in that department, I just keep it casual."

"Yeah.... that's how mom ended up with me and Jonathan," Livvy teased. "Nothing casual about that."

Vin Ryder

Post by Vin Ryder »

"You're thinking of 'Big Vin', I was a 'big kid' when you were born." Vin said with a wink. "Whopping six years older."

"Or how mom was born in the first place... as grandma Angel told us, she met mom while she was pregnant with her before she married grandpa Nate." Diana reminded her brother. "Speaking of... Aunt Trini is going to be returning this weekend for a few days. You know what that means."

"Copious alcohol and food?" Lana rolled her eyes. "I was just losing weight too. I'm trying to fit into this corset dress I fell in love with."

"Worse." Vin shuddered. "Yuppie versions of Art and Di's folks arguing with each other. You are all welcome at Olive Grove... if you need to escape. Oh and get this... my quarter Orion step sister... Tina. She's dating some exec from ZieraCorp... she's actually dressing in normal people clothes so y'know... it's safe to come around. Not like last time when she was in her 'I need to solar charge my butthole' phase' and high off her ass on that experimental pheromone suppressant."
Vin Ryder
Good Guy from the Future

Arthur Talon

Post by Arthur Talon »

"Let's all go to Leo's," Arthur suggested. "I really could use a drink."

"I second that motion," Livvy announced. She hated being drug down here to lean this "midieval nonsense", despite being a fleet requirement. The lost far too many officers and crew during the Ajem War, and this was the solution to counter the Klidens.

For the Special Ops members like Arthur the requirements were even more strenuous than the passing familiarity that the rest of the fleet had to have. As it was the three best swordsmen, and swordwomen in the Alliance were present in the training yard. Empress Lilith, Vin, and Arthur were always the three to beat, and their victories had a tendency to go back and forth

Lilith sheathed her sword, "Master Katherine will not be pleased."

"Not pleased about what lass?" Kat Donovan said. Her rad hair had long ago turned white and the wrinkles at the corners of her eyes showed the hard life she had lived.

Kat had become the Royal Master of Arms when Lilith and Simon came of age to learn the the ancient techniques of fighting. A position she held to this day, much to the displeasure of rhe Jase'dasis Council. In addition to that she was also their Godmother, and that position she took even more seriously.

"Nothing My Lady Kat," Lilith responded.

Kat cocked her head and eyed them suspiciously, "Yer gonna try to kick off early aye? Och well, dinnae let me stop ya."