Progenies: Chapter 2

Stories of our characters in alternate realities or of alternate versions of our characters finding their way to our reality. Stories can unhappen or change canon here at a drop of a hat so be prepared for a bit of a mind trip!
Astrid Vogler

Re: Progenies: Chapter 2

Post by Astrid Vogler »

"It has little to do with religion. It's just a means to an end. To the Prophet it's about power."

Tasha Ryder

Post by Tasha Ryder »

"Seems like Dominus did do what he set out to do, shift the balance there." Tasha sighed. "And he did it with my big brother's face. Anyway... you're here now and you've happened to luck into the right bunch of people. That's always been what this place has been about, fresh starts. We didn't become a planet like this by accident." she opened the door to the clothing shop for Astrid. "Consider this a bonus and a 'welcome to the Planet' gift. The Ryders have money and resources but we don't horde it." she waved to the girl behind the counter. "Hey Sally... put whatever she wants on my tab."

"Another one? Girl... " Sally chuckled and shook her head. "Should start calling you St. Tasha. At least you're spending it here. Haven't seen your big sister Natalia shopping here in months, what gives?"

"Why do you think? Noonian. Man buys her stuff constantly, she barely ever needs to actually shop. Not that she ever has the time." Tasha said as she walked around and picked up a lacy t-shirt. "So is Admiral Angel in today?"

"Nope. She and her brother Jack are out... I think on Trill for Rigan's joining ceremony, shame about Admiral Rexi... Klingons. Always liked her, wonder who Rigan's new host will be." Sally said as she walked out from behind the counter and looked at Astrid. "Huh... first refugee from Earth in a while... my cousin was a hold out over there, those religious nuts beheaded him."

"That's why I'm picking up the tab... Astrid needs a new life here and like I always say, gotta shed the old skin before you can grow." Tasha replied and picked up a pair of leather slacks. "I'm taking these for me... mom borrowed my other pair."

"Seriously? She fits in them?" Sally raised an eyebrow.

"And looked better in them than I did." Tasha grumbled. "Almost a hundred... and looking for husband number four. If she didn't still have a ton of energy and look as good, I'd wonder why she bothers, but y'know... it gives me hope when I'm that old." she looked at a dress. "Hey Astrid, what do you think? Do you wear anything this flowy or are you more of a slacks and blouses girl?"
Tasha Ryder
Manager, Leo's Blues and Rock Club
"Among other things..."

Astrid Vogler

Post by Astrid Vogler »

"I... I don't know," she said surprised. "I guess I really never gave it much thought. Surviving, fighting in the trenches, and being a slave doesn't give you much chance to find your style. I suppose whatever is most practical, which would be the slacks I guess."

Tasha Ryder

Post by Tasha Ryder »

"Well then we'll get you both. Something practical... and some impractical stuff too." Tasha said as she went through a couple of racks and pulled out a completely scandalous dress that showed more than skin than something called a 'dress' should. "Hmm... maybe a bit too impractical. You'd be popping out of this one. Trust me, I know a bit about popping out of dresses..." she grabbed her own rather ample breasts. "Oh and fair warning, there's a large billboard and some ads with me in... uhm... pretty much just lingerie. My niece and sister in law convinced me to model for them. I had a couple of people actually quit because they couldn't take seeing their boss in lacy underthings. Which is silly, since we have an annual beach party, we see each other in way less." she selected another dress, a fit and flare red dress with an asymmetrical neckline. "I think this might be good on you... every so often we do more formal events..." she found a 'little black dress'. "This is one good thing about you having pretty much nothing, everything you'll wear will be new and fresh. And seriously Astrid, don't look at the prices. They're almost meaningless... "
Tasha Ryder
"Among other things..."

Astrid Vogler

Post by Astrid Vogler »

"That's equally meaningless to me... I really don't know the conversation rates. That is such a small number, but your reaction says that it isn't." She shrugged, "All I can say is thank you, and I will work to pay you back."

Tasha Ryder

Post by Tasha Ryder »

"It's a gift Astrid... " Tasha said with a warm smile. "My family's been blessed for so long I like to share it." she sighed. "Upside... if you and I actually become friends, you won't up and leave without at least telling me."
Tasha Ryder
"Among other things..."

Astrid Vogler

Post by Astrid Vogler »

"I can't make any promises, but if I can I will."