Heaven's Knights: Chapter 3

Stories of our characters in alternate realities or of alternate versions of our characters finding their way to our reality. Stories can unhappen or change canon here at a drop of a hat so be prepared for a bit of a mind trip!
Diana Talon

Re: Heaven's Knights: Chapter 3

Post by Diana Talon »

"No... not Kim... " Diana closed her eyes and clenched her fists. "Kimberly... Kimberly Sandoval. My... I guess you could say 'aunt', adopted. Grandma Becca is going to be furious." she pounded the wall. "Are you sure there was nothing that could have been done? This is the most state of the art, bleeding edge hospital in existence... and you couldn't save her?"

Astrid Vogler

Post by Astrid Vogler »

The nurse nodded, "There wasn't any brain activity when she arrived... The uh... other girl." The nurse uncomfortably glanced over at Astrid, "Do you have a name for her? Do you know if she has any allergies to medication?"

Diana Talon

Post by Diana Talon »

"No idea... just use the Omnitol for pain, that's what we designed it to do." Diana replied. "And her name is Astrid V... something... I was a little... ah drunk and distracted when I was introduced." she looked at Astrid. "Should be in the system though. Tasha's been a stickler about that."

Arthur Talon

Post by Arthur Talon »

"Very good. Thank you ma'am. One more thing. Stick around would you? I'm sure the Capital Police will have questions for you." The nurse left to take care of buisness leaving Dianna alone.

Several minutes later Arthur strolled into the ER flanked by Vin and Lilith. They were dressed now, but looked rather ragged after tonight's events.

Arthur approached tiredness, and the makings of a hangover in his eyes he sigh, "Livvy, and Simon are dealing with the police back at the hotel. I can't believe the bastards killed themselves. I wouls have liked to get some answers. So, how is Kim and the other girl?"

Diana Talon

Post by Diana Talon »

"Kim..." Diana's eyes finally gave out and she started to cry. "They... they couldn't save her. Those bastards killed her... for what?" she clenched her fists and tried to calm herself down but it was a losing battle. "The other... Astrid... she... I..." she put her arms around her brother and sobbed into his chest.

Vin cocked his head to Lilith. "You know Becca's going to want some more answers. Kim's been like a big sister... I'll talk to Astrid. Why don't you see if Byron picked up anything, what ship these goons came in on or if they've been here longer than the girl. Starbase always seems to give you whatever you ask for. Good to be the Queen..." he patted her shoulder. "Only a matter of time before the old farts show up and try to take over."

Arthur Talon

Post by Arthur Talon »

"Some should tell the president," Lilith said. "I suppose it might as well be me. One head of state to another."

Arthur overhearing, "Dad's at a rodeo on New Arizona, much to the Secret Service's displeasure. I think he does it on purpose."

"I always liked your dad," Lilith said. "Now more so than ever."

"I'll let him know." He patted Diana on the back, "Let's get you home okay sis?"

Diana Talon

Post by Diana Talon »

Diana nodded her head and held onto her brother like a lifeline. "Mom is going to wonder why they got this far... and Grandma is going to want some answers as well. I don't care why they attacked Astrid and Kim, I think the question is... why were they on Terra Alpha in the first place?" she cleared her throat and wiped her eyes. "Is this part of something else? Surely they wouldn't risk that much for one girl, no matter who she is."

Tereska Kellow

Post by Tereska Kellow »

Dr Teri Kellow walked down the hallway, her high heels clicking along the tile floor. "Art, Di... hold up a sec." she called out. "I... I heard about Kim. If you need help, loop me in." she pulled off her glasses and walked up to Diana. "I know you and Kim were close."
Lt. Col. Tereska "Teri" Kellow
Marine Medical Officer Out of Time and Space

Arthur Talon

Post by Arthur Talon »

"We... well, this is a bit of a shock to be sure," Arthur said. "I'm fine, but Di here might need someone who isn't me to talk to."

Tereska Kellow

Post by Tereska Kellow »

"Like I said, I'm here for you both." Teri said as she hugged Diana.

"We knew each other... I knew her all my life. Kim and Trini and the twins... we played together as kids, we went to school together, Kim helped tutor me when she graduated. I was her maid of honor at her wedding." Diana said with tears streaming down her face. "Last... last thing I said to her was 'I'll pay you tomorrow' after she gave me money for the hotel room. Took the wrong stupid cred card with me, had the old expired one in my pocket. I never imagined in a million years that she'd be killed... "

Teri held her and nodded her head. "Do you want to be here when her mother comes? We've been trying to get in touch with her, but it keeps going to her inbox."

"Board meeting... I think. Usually she and Grandma Angel go out after those. Grandpa Nathan... call him. He's usually at home these days since he injured his back." Diana snapped her fingers.

"Duh... can't believe I didn't think of that... I did his back surgery." Teri slapped her forehead. "Yeah Angel and Becca usually do leave the comms at home, but Angel always has something else on her that only Nathan can call."

--

Angel and Becca were in a bar having some massive fruity concoction they ordered. Despite the years, Angel still had a youthful appearance and was grumbling about being carded.

"I'm almost sixty and I still got carded... " Angel muttered as she took a sip from the drink. "I'm Angel Frakking Ryder... my face is on clothing tags and this twit still carded me!"

"Asian don't raisin." Natalia said as she walked over. "Now we European girls on the other hand... " she put her arm across Becca's shoulders. "We're need help. Speaking of..." she squinted and put her glasses on. "Rebecca Sandoval... you stopped dying your hair. Now won't match... is there a clause in your contract I can invoke? My dear sister Becca must have the same shade of red as me?"

"How many of those fruity things did you have Aunt Nat?" Angel raised an eyebrow.

"Just a half... and a shot..." She said with a smirk. "You're beepin' babe."

"Sigh... Nathan again... I swear I never should have gave him this. He probably wants to know if I'll be home late... well duh. I don't leave my comm at home if I'm coming home at a decent hour." Angel said with a laugh and walked to a small corner of the bar. "Hey you know I'll be home late.

"Angel? It's Tereska... is... uhm... is Becca with you?" Teri's voice said over the small communicator.

"Yeah, why?" Angel glanced over at the bar.

"It's Kim..." Teri said and took a deep breath. "Kim's dead. She was killed this morning by those nuts from Earth."

Angel looked at the communicator in shock and dropped it.

"Angel? Angel you still there?" Teri said when she heard the sound of it dropping.

"BECCA!" Angel called out. "Becca... we have to go... now... Naval hospital. It's Kim..." she already had tears welling up. "Kim's dead..."
Lt. Col. Tereska "Teri" Kellow
Marine Medical Officer Out of Time and Space