More Questions than Answers: Chapter 4

Stories of our characters in alternate realities or of alternate versions of our characters finding their way to our reality. Stories can unhappen or change canon here at a drop of a hat so be prepared for a bit of a mind trip!
Rebecca Talon

Re: More Questions than Answers: Chapter 4

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"And she was right. Terra Alpha has finally found some measure of peace. We should keep it that was," Rebecca said. "I assume this Volger woman is from Earth?"

Arthur nodded.

"And the people responsible are in custody?"

Arthur grimaced, "Not exactly. I sent Vin and Livvy to flank them, and when they hear them coming, and realized we had an answer to their defenses theu killed each other."

Rebecca nodded, "Those... or at least most of those responsible are taken care of. I would like to talk to Ms. Vogler before I make a decision, but it seems to me that Kim was just in the unfortunate wrong place at the wrong time."

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

"So now the question remains why this Vogler girl and why would they expend resources that Earth really doesn't have to follow her here? We're not exactly that close." Angel nodded her head. "Trinity and Ethan are on their way." she said as she glanced at her wrist watch. "Can you tell Vin and Livvy to have the attackers' bodies sent here, before the morgue gets to them, there are things they may miss that we won't."

"I love how you just assume command." Teri said with a slight smirk. "If I was actually your grandmother..." she shook her head. "I'll have the secure morgue ready. Have to say, you and Becca look lovely today."

"Corporate meetings. So where IS Buscia today anyway?" Angel glanced around.

"Soong's resort. Roger treated her to a three day weekend in the middle of the week, so who knows when she'll be back. How she managed to run this place at her age... " Teri shook her head. "Especially when family end up here, but... hope for the best, cope with the rest right?"

"Family motto." Angel said and sighed. "Kim is really going to be missed by more than just us. Remember her last birthday party? Had to close off the street outside Leo's and she knew EVERYONE."
Vice Admiral Angelica "Angel" Ryder-Morris
CO 414th Engineering & Planetary Defense Fleet
Flagship: TAS Kitea
"Perky is as perky does."

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

Rebecca smirked, "That party she had in High School while we were away on Bajor," Rebecca added. "I think the whole school showed up at the ranch. She even bullied the bullies into accepting some of the least popular kids. She is... was someone special. I kept telling her that the service needed leaders like her, but she liked doing her own thing."

Tereska Kellow

Post by Tereska Kellow »

"I tried to recruit her into medical too. She always had a way with people." Teri said with a slight smile. "I think she enjoyed working at Leo's, met a lot of people there. Although she never quite seemed the same since she lost her wife. Can't say I blame her. They were great together. At least I thought so. As for Astrid, she's in recovery, lost a lot of blood, lot of internal bleeding and damage, but give her an hour or so and we can wake her up. Have to say, I can see why Kim was with her, once we washed all the blood off, she's rather pretty."
Lt. Col. Tereska "Teri" Kellow
Marine Medical Officer Out of Time and Space

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"Pretty face or not, I have questions," Rebecca said.

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

"We should talk to her as soon as she wakes up. But I also want to see the bodies of the attackers. Perhaps they have something on them, unless Capitol Police fucked things up like they did when my car was stolen last year, the Judge still doesn't steer as well as she used to. Course when the cops ram her into a building..."
Vice Admiral Angelica "Angel" Ryder-Morris
CO 414th Engineering & Planetary Defense Fleet
Flagship: TAS Kitea
"Perky is as perky does."

James Cross

Post by James Cross »

"Yeah... well, you left the top up when you went into your shop..." James Cross said as he walked in. "Heard about Kim... I'm sorry Rebecca." he put his hand on her shoulder. "Whoever they were, they were pretty good at evading our checkpoints, better than the Ajem'dasis were. Only ship that came from Earth recently, was her beat up shuttle. So they must have been on the planet longer than that or they still have access to cloaked ships. Not that even that really gets by us these days. Not since I took over as Director of SHIELD."
James "Half Round" Cross
Adoptive Son of Clint Cross
Presidential Chief of Staff - Terra Alpha Tower

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"Yeah, that's a very good question," Ethan said from the door. He was still wearing his his cowboy hat complete with mud covered boots and spurs. A very unpresidential look. Thankfullyhe had removed his chaps on the shuttle, under Trinity's direction, or he would have been still wearing those as well. "It seems we've been ignoring Earth for far too long and the Prophet is far more capable than we figured. I would have thought his dislike of technology would have kept him on the planet."
Major General Ethan Talon
CO III Corps of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

"And it seems as if they are starting to care where their refugees are going." Trinity said as she walked over and glanced at Becca and her mother, but focusing more on Kim. "I honestly thought she would outlive us all. Look at Aunt Kinsey... she's died like what? Three times now? Mac and Jason a couple... hell, I brought MC back to life once."

"Which I am eternally grateful for Madam First Lady." James said with a smile.

"Your wife better be behaving herself... no more diving into rivers without gear." Trinity said and sighed heavily. "Almost makes you wish Dominus did destroy the planet... we'd still have her."
Colonel Trinity Morris-Talon
XO Marine 82nd Voluntary Infantry Division

Tasha Ryder

Post by Tasha Ryder »

"I don't think you mean that Trin... and I don't think Kim would want that either." Tasha said as she walked in, her mascara running down her cheeks from crying. "She was one of my best friends... don't ever say that she'd want that."
Tasha Ryder
Manager, Leo's Blues and Rock Club
"Among other things..."