More Questions than Answers: Chapter 4

Stories of our characters in alternate realities or of alternate versions of our characters finding their way to our reality. Stories can unhappen or change canon here at a drop of a hat so be prepared for a bit of a mind trip!
Ethan Talon

Re: More Questions than Answers: Chapter 4

Post by Ethan Talon »

He smiled at her. He knew her expressions. They both did. They had known each other all their lives and they could read each other's expressions usually like an open book. Few couples in the galaxy would ever share that connection. "Naw, I ain't blaming myself. Just looking at a problem with 20/20 hindsight."
Major General Ethan Talon
CO III Corps of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

Trinity kissed him on the lips and touched his cheek. "We'll figure out the why's and we'll figure out the response like we always do. Wouldn't still be alive if we didn't know how to do that. Although I think to be safe, we should put security on alert for those guys. I really didn't think they'd come all this way, that's a hell of a trip for them."
Colonel Trinity Morris-Talon
XO Marine 82nd Voluntary Infantry Division

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

Rebecca arrived at the hospital. She hadn't said a word the entire trip over, simply staring straight ahead. When they pulled up to the hospital Rebecca stepped out of the transport and without waiting for Angel she marched into thr emergency room.

"Kim Talon," Rebecca said flatly to the woman at the reception desk.

"I'm sorry ma'am we are only allowing family in right now."

Rebecca's eyes narrowed, and without raising her voice she hissed, "I am her fucking mother."

The nurse blinked, "Uh..."

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

Angel was fast behind Becca, moving faster than a woman in six inch heels rightfully should. "Which room?" she said as she flashed her badge and started walking past the double doors to the ER rooms. "And you should know who the hell we are... she's Rebecca Fucking Sandoval Talon and I'm Angelica Ryder... and my grandmother runs this place, so if you got a problem, take it up with her." she motioned to Becca to follow her. "We're looking for Kim Talon and yes we know she's dead and yes we're family." she was half ready to say that Becca was her wife, not that it wouldn't be the first time they've pulled that on medical staff, wife or mom or daughter, sister. Whatever worked, but given both of them were tipsy and angry...
Vice Admiral Angelica "Angel" Ryder-Morris
CO 414th Engineering & Planetary Defense Fleet
Flagship: TAS Kitea
"Perky is as perky does."

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

They found the room where Kim had been wheeled into after a few minutes. A white sheet was draped over her body. Rebecca wasn't one to show outward emotion. She tended to bottle things up until she exploded. Thankfully Angel had been there or that was precisely what was going to happen. And, when Rebecca Sandoval lost control the ijulna wreaked havoc on the surrounding area.

Quietly Rebecca pulled the sheet down to see the lifeless, yet pretty face underneath. Kim's nose had been broken and there was another nasty looking trauma to the eye socket that she guessed had been a fist. A fist with so much force that it crushed the skull. Rebecca grasped Kim's left hand in her own, and with a her right hand she brushed a strand of blonde hair out of Kim's face.

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

Angel gently put her hand on Becca's shoulder as she looked at Kim. She didn't deserve this, not this kind of beating or death. It wasn't in the line of duty, it wasn't because she was trying to protect someone, it just felt so random. "They said she was with someone when this happened. One of Tasha's new hires."

Arthur Talon

Post by Arthur Talon »

"Her name is Astrid Vogler," Arthur said from the doorway. "Hi Grandma and Grandma."

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

Angel raised an eyebrow. "Vogler? Why does that name sound familiar to me somehow. Wonder if someone in her family served with me at some point. I know I've heard that name somewhere." she tapped her chin and thought for a moment. "So where were you during all this?"

Arthur Talon

Post by Arthur Talon »

He frowned with a confused look on his face, "I don't know what you mean? You know we don't run around with Kim much. She and Simon haven't gotten along since... well you know. Besides she's always been closer to Young Ethan and Trinity anyway, except for Dianna of course."

Arthur sighed, "We all stayed way too late, and drank too much at Leo's last night, so Di got us a hotel room across the street. You know we don't drive after drinking, and the shuttles are expensive and make Lilith sick when she drinks. We were all asleep when we heard a scream. Thinking back I think it was Kim, but at the time we didn't know that. All of us, Vin, Livvy, Di, Simon, and Lilith ran to help. Hell, none of us were in the best of condition, and none of us fully dressed. Some less so than others... Anyway they had four of these goons standing outside keeping watch. I tried to stun one, but he was wearing some sort of armor. Vin and Livvy could probably tell you more they stayed behind at the hotel to wait for the police. Lilith had her sword, and I had my dagger. Di did some neat stuff with the ijulna, but by the time we go into the room... we, I suppose you know the rest."

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

Angel crossed her arms and nodded her head. "Yeah... well, at least you were all nearby." she looked at Kim. "I remember when I was pregnant with your Aunt April and Uncle Chris, Kim was always there as a sort of protector." she took off her glasses and rubbed her nose. "So armor? That means they were those weird religious knights or whatever the fuck they call themselves from that bastardized church. I thought after Dominus was taken care of, after he already screwed up the planet, that maybe the remaining Terrans would find it in themselves to rebuild and rejoin the greater galactic... whatever." holding Kim's hand. "I almost lead a Fleet to force a measure of peace there, since whatever they call what they've got there is so far from it. But Kim reminded me... oddly enough... that it's not our place to do that. We'd be no better than Jackson or Dominus. They voted for them. They chose that when they blew up Starbase One."