It May Have Been Disobedience, But I Don't Think it Was Wrong.

Stories that were deemed 'classified' by Section 31 - past missions, side missions and other events that 'may or may not' have happened are found here.
Tomarah t'Sei

Re: It May Have Been Disobedience, But I Don't Think it Was Wrong.

Post by Tomarah t'Sei »

Tomarah nodded, "That and we are allies, and your our technologies are really not compatiable. There might be an exploit found, but you aren't going to use it against us right now, and in a few months that information will already be out of date. Unlike Klingons, we do software and hardware updates to our ships."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Yeah I've been able to get old Klingon ships running with patch updates from about 40 years ago. Now Federation tech we're due for an evolution. I have so many concepts on the drawing board... even some based on old technology that we only stopped using because of a whole retro movement in Starfleet. Holographic comms, adaptable holographic control surfaces, autonomous repair drones that work with their own AI so we don't have to manually deploy them. Just a matter of getting them actually approved for war time use. Since we're now allies, it would be a good idea for us to work together. Let's be honest, this is a very long time in coming. May take a while, but there's an expression on my world. Rome wasn't built in a day. But it can fall in one."
Nicholas "Nick" Ryder-Huntington
Husband, Father, Inventor, Maker, Defender
Former President, Founder Alpha Quadrant Alliance

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"Alright, I'll do it. It would be a unique challenge, and it would be nice to get my hands dirty in an engine room again."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"So after this next mission is done... you've got a job for a few months... and then... I'd like you to come work with me. Who knows, maybe by then the Admirality will get their heads out of their collective asses and reverse their decision." Nick said. "Or you'll just impress the right people and build some amazing thing and you'll outrank me again." he smirked. "Although there's as much a chance of that as you and Julie having a lesbian love affair together, but hope springs eternal."

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"Only in your perverted dreams," Rebecca said rolling her eyes. "But you just keep hoping. Maybe you can talk to the Ferengi at the bar and he can get you a holosuite program to help you out with that need."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Hey the only hope that springs eternal is you getting a command back. Not you and Julie... I don't even want to think about what would that look like... at least it would be an affair with someone I know and like." Nick said and shook his head. "I'm positive she slept with someone on one of her missions a few months back. I was even going to take a little leave and spend some time with her post mission and she was all dodgy and evasive. Usually she's complaining we don't spend enough time together and then when I do plan it she's avoiding me. Granted it could have just been a rough job but... " he sighed and rolled his eyes. "I know what you're going to say... and if it wasn't for my daughters, I would. Angel and Olivia may just be babies but I'd do anything for those two."

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"I wasn't going to say anything. I said my peace before you said 'I do'. It's your life to screw up, not mine."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Well, I have no proof and with the way this war is, maybe we'll get closer when we actually get to see each other." Nick shrugged his shoulders. "Still, she asked you to help not me. Granted she knew I'm super busy and honestly everyone knows I have way too damn much on my plate at the moment, but y'know... would have been nice if I was a first thought. But her first option was you."

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"Julie is Julie, and she always has a reason for what she does. I don't know what's she's up to, but I guess I'll find out."

- Four Months Later -

Lt. Commander Rebecca Sandoval stepped off the transporter pad at the ASDB offices on Mars colony. A portly man with gray hair and an equally gray mustache stood next to Nick to greet her.

"Commodore Scott," Rebecca greeted.

"Ye must be Commander Sandoval," the Commodore said in a Edinburgh accent.

"I am." Then she wrapped her arms around Nick. "It's good to see you!"

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Even better seeing you." Nick said as he gave her a bear hug. "Welcome to Engineer heaven. The brass are super pleased with your reports from the Romulan exchange and that Battleship you brought back, we're still studying it. I may have been talking you up quite a bit to Commodo... Scotty." he corrected himself to a slight Scottish harumph. "I'm glad you came when you did, we're in the middle of testing a through deck carrier concept, I think your Erebus concept would suit it well. We've been testing it inside of an old dreadnaught that's older than Scotty, before even his time in Starfleet."

"Aye, a right relic she is, but not all relics are worthless." Scotty said with a twinkle in his eye. "Nicholas has cleared out an office for ye an' there's a drydock all ready for fabrication, just needs plans and direction. Now... I've seen yuir record lass an' y'remind me of a certain few officers I've served with. The ADSB is not a bloody circus, we're loose because we're bloody creatives, but we're the ones buildin' the future of Starfleet. I always have to remind this one he's a Gold shirt not a spy."

"No one said I couldn't be both." Nick whistled.

"Aye, I did! You're a damn fine engineer and you're an excellent leader, you should be commanding ships... if you didn't build them so well." Scotty replied and patted them both on the back. "Oh and before I forget lass..." he handed her a padd. "Y'do what your best friend says you're capable of, I may be able to pull the Admirality's heads out of their arse, get you back in a Captain's chair. BUT we need ships and we need advancement first. We're gettin' our arses handed to us out there. The Jem'Hadar are worse than the Klingons... don't trust any fighter grown in a test tube and kept in line with drugs."

"We need four new ship platforms that can be easily fabricated and that rare combination of state of the art and easily built that can give us an edge over the Dominion." Nick crossed his arms. "We need speed, toughness and punch. Defiants are good, but they're a little small, need something just a little larger and able to hang in a fight longer and repair in the field."

"Y'don't even have to invent a new base, kitbash... like we used to do as kids. Saucer from that, upsized nacelle from that, engineering hull from that... not quite a Frankenship but more a purpose built vessel with just enough of an edge to win the day and return her crew safely t'port." Scotty gave her a look. "Surely you learned something from the Romulans eh?"