The Prophecy: Chapter 5

A mysterious stranger arrives on Terra Alpha, and brngs with her a new enemy.
Astrid Vogler

Re: The Prophecy: Chapter 5

Post by Astrid Vogler »

"My mother was Mary Vogler," she said. Hesitating she glanced around at the faces looking down at her. "I... uh..
Well, I have never admitted this before. To do so would have likely meant my death on Earth. They don't care for the old rulers much, but yes, my father was George Windsor. Prince, and Duke of Cornwall. I don't think he and my mother got married though. She never spoke of him much, only so I would know who my father was."

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

"Guess you were right mom." Trinity replied with a smile.

"Well, I won't call you 'your highness' since that's probably not something you're used to but... this is interesting... " Angel said with a hum. "Certainly explains why they came after you, although I'm kind of sensing there may be... other reasons relating to that prophecy."

Trinity put her hand on Astrid's and looked her in the eyes. "You have nothing to fear, we will protect you. My Uncle Jack actually helped with your Aunt Ashley's rescue way back when."
Colonel Trinity Morris-Talon
XO Marine 82nd Voluntary Infantry Division

Astrid Vogler

Post by Astrid Vogler »

"I expect that I will no longer be the target," Astrid said. "As I told you I was the Prophet's slave for four years. He likely sent the Knights to keep me from telling you my visions. Now that you know, your daughter is the one in trouble. She is the key. She is the one to lead the rebellion, I am only to lead her to the sword."

"So this sword," Ethan said with skepticism, "Is supposed to free Earth? How?"

Astrid shrugged, "I don't rightly know. Probably more as a symbol than as a weapon, but the Knights do wear armor that protects them from energy weapons."

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

"Don't we all?" Angel said with a bit of a skeptical air to her voice. "Still... given what we've seen of Earth may only take symbolism lately. After they pretty much rejected technology and went all theocratic... but if this Prophet is as powerful as you say, then it's only a matter of time before he or his followers get bored with Earth." she cocked her head slightly. "So you saw Di as Earth's new Queen? The girl who flat out rejected a very good offer by the Navy... who has no political aspirations?"
Vice Admiral Angelica "Angel" Ryder-Morris
CO 414th Engineering & Planetary Defense Fleet
Flagship: TAS Kitea
"Perky is as perky does."

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"Sometimes we get pushed into things we don't want," Ethan said.
Major General Ethan Talon
CO III Corps of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

"Well she's been in love with Simon since like... she was old enough to know what a boy was." Trinity said with a wink. "Reminds me of a couple I know. So y'know... it could have happened that she'd somehow become royalty." she looked at Astrid. "So tell me... did you see anything of the circumstances of why and how this happened?"
Colonel Trinity Morris-Talon
XO Marine 82nd Voluntary Infantry Division

Astrid Vogler

Post by Astrid Vogler »

Astrid shrugged, "I can't say. I don't even know where the sword is... The dreams... They were like flashes of images. A quick succession of images. Hell, for all I know I'm just as crazy as I sound. It one hell of a story either way."

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

"It is, but if there's one thing I've learned in my long career... it's that crazy is part of the job." Angel said with a warm smile. "Perhaps one of our telepaths can help get a better picture of what you're seeing in your mind, not the first time we've had a confusing prophecy about Earth either. My Aunt Rumiko had one that... nearly came true."
Vice Admiral Angelica "Angel" Ryder-Morris
CO 414th Engineering & Planetary Defense Fleet
Flagship: TAS Kitea
"Perky is as perky does."

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"Nearly?" Astrid asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Let's let Ms. Vogler rest," Ethan interjected. "I think we have plenty to go by, and work to do."

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet, that will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour, American Novelist

Ethan Talon

Post by Ethan Talon »

"Nearly?" Astrid asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Let's let Ms. Vogler rest," Ethan interjected. "I think we have plenty to go by, and work to do."