The Quest: Chapter 6

A mysterious stranger arrives on Terra Alpha, and brngs with her a new enemy.
Seraphina Morris

Re: The Quest: Chapter 6

Post by Seraphina Morris »

"Gee, that just about sums the family up. Except the Muslims, don't have any of those in the line." Seraphina said with a slight smile. "So, I take it you have a quest you want to undertake and that means... you're going to need transport that won't attract the Church." she tapped her chin. "Although I am curious as to why Diana is the 'chosen one' and not her brother. Or for that matter President Talon. Or his mother?"

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

"That IS something I would like to find out before I... support any kind of mission with my daughter and you. No offense." Trinity said as she walked in. "Sorry about butting in, but... I know if you're all here, you're entirely planning a mission. I may be the First Lady now, but I'm still a Marine and I'm still on the Alliance security council."

"That's why I'm asking questions sister." Seraphina said and smiled slightly. "Grandfather and Uncle Jack are simply helping assess, so the State department can figure out how this is going to happen. We ARE talking about going against the Earth Empire."

"I already watched one version of this time go entirely to hell, really do not want it to happen a second time." Trinity said softly. "So Astrid... are you positive this... vision is not just a manipulation to start Imperium War 2?"
Colonel Trinity Morris-Talon
XO Marine 82nd Voluntary Infantry Division

Astrid Vogler

Post by Astrid Vogler »

Astrid shrugged, "I'm not sure of anything. Well, that's not exactly true either. I'm sure the dreams or visions or whatever the hell they are have lessened since I've been on Terra Alpha. Until today I haven't had one in weeks."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Well that's interesting." Nick stroked his chin and looked at her. "I would like to get you to come to my office and try to plan this out."
Nicholas "Nick" Ryder-Huntington
Husband, Father, Inventor, Maker, Defender
Former President, Founder Alpha Quadrant Alliance

Astrid Vogler

Post by Astrid Vogler »

Sighing she nodded reluctantly, "Of course. It's... well it's a fantastical story: a sword, a cat, and a crazy woman. A tale worthy of the old bards to be sure."

Trinity Talon

Post by Trinity Talon »

"With what we've experienced.. even the fantastic can happen." Trinity said as she sat on the edge of the bed. "Iljuna can do crazy things, years ago, before my daughter was born, I was captured. Tortured. My scars were duplicated on my mother's body. We were light years away. To this day, she still has the faint scars. So honestly... anything's possible. Once upon a time I would have thought other realities and time travel were simply science fiction but... pfft... entirely real." she winked to her 'sister'. "She's the 'me' of this timeline."
Colonel Trinity Morris-Talon
XO Marine 82nd Voluntary Infantry Division

Astrid Vogler

Post by Astrid Vogler »

"Aww," she said understanding spreading across her face. "I had noticed the resemblance, though, I couldn't account for it with the difference in age."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Well Seraphina has had a little work done." Nick cleared his throat.

"Only because my 'twin' sister was married to the President and I kept getting followed." Seraphina replied. "I also wanted to differentiate myself from her. But I also found I really enjoy working in with the State department and supporting the military and our diplomatic efforts." she gave her grandfather a smile.

"Both you girls make me proud." Nick said as he stood up. "And you Astrid, I knew your father. I'm sure he would be proud of you as well. So, let's make Kim's death actually mean something huh? You managed to get hooked up with this family, we're going to support you."
Nicholas "Nick" Ryder-Huntington
Husband, Father, Inventor, Maker, Defender
Former President, Founder Alpha Quadrant Alliance

Astrid Vogler

Post by Astrid Vogler »

"The eyes," Astrid said. "Those are the same, and so are the mannerisms."

Seraphina Morris

Post by Seraphina Morris »

"I suppose it's hard to change all that. You should see our husbands together, they don't quite seem to have the same hangups we do." Seraphina said with a shake of her head. "Although her kids are only a few years younger than I am, which is weird. We even kind of grew up together. Might be why my Ethan and I have been holding off on having some of our own, we already kinda know what they'll be like. Course, then again, they may not be. Bella Price's sister should have been exactly like her, but she is nothing like her. So never know. Annnnyway..." she cleared her throat and handed her a small folder. "I took the liberty of giving you refugee status and provisional citizenship so you can work, live here, and travel without issue. I'm satisfied that you're not a spy... or a mole."

"I'm not sensing anything like that in her." Jack replied. "Now... Astrid... if you need a place to stay..."

"I have a safe place she can live for as long as she likes." Seraphina replied. "And if there IS going to be some kind of mission... it's a good a place as any to deploy from."