Chapter 8: Preperations

A mysterious stranger arrives on Terra Alpha, and brngs with her a new enemy.
Arthur Talon

Re: Chapter 8: Preperations

Post by Arthur Talon »

"I think we all want that," Aurthur said. "But, man plans and God laughs."

IRIS

Post by IRIS »

"True... but then again I have complete faith in this family." Iris replied.

"Faith, hope... love from an AI... you can certainly tell mom was one of your creators." Karina said with a smile.

"I do consider her one of my mothers and I consider all of you family... as it were." Iris said as she cocked her head and looked at Art. "As I recall you had me be your date for some school dance because what's her name... I don't even recall knowing her name... stood you up. Or so you claimed. In any case, we ARE going to need to handle a number of bodies of the former crew."
IRIS TANAIS
Intelligent Resource Information System - Terra Alpha Naval Artificial Intelligence Server

Arthur Talon

Post by Arthur Talon »

Arthur laughed nervously, "It took me three weeks to get up the courage to ask Lauren Cutter out. I've wasn't very good with girls."

"You still aren't," Lilith said. "Which is odd considering you grew up with all of us girls."

Astrid was giggling to herself, and Arthur's face flushed, "Y'all are family, even if not through blood."

"I'm not," Astrid announced. Arthur flushed again.

"Her?" Lilith said looking at Arthur.

"What?!"

"I saw that look. I know you Arthur Talon. It was the same look you had with Cindy Crosley."

"No..." he feebly objected. "Well, she's not family so..."

"So I'm a consolation prize!" Astrid demanded. "The only available option?"

"Wait. I thought you were into girls?" Lilith asked.

Astrid leveled her gaze on the Narlin, "Not that it matters, but I am into both, but after this."

"You like me back?" Arthur asked jaw open.

"Boys," Astrid said with the shake of her head.

Gale Ryder

Post by Gale Ryder »

"And Al and I are bloody chopped liver?" Gale said with a laugh.

"You tell 'em." Alex said with a fist bump.

"Bi-girls are kinda fun. Remember Tar'in'ja?" Gale said with a grin.

"Don't bloody remind me... her girlfriend nearly bit my finger off." Alex grimaced. "Laura was cool though."

"Laura... gawd... I almost forgot about Laura. That bleach blonde hair and smokey voice... mum hated her. Thought she was too 'spy' for me." Gale shook his head.

"Mum loved her, was one of her best agents. Plus she saved dad's bacon a couple times. That's the way into the family... save one our butts at least once." Alex said to Astrid. "Pity we lost her, dove off AlphaTek Tower with a clone of Jackson about six years ago. Went off to Terra Gamma for rehab, never really saw her again."
Lt. Gale Huntington
Operations Officer

Arthur Talon

Post by Arthur Talon »

"Annnd on that note," Arthur announced. "I'm gonna go get our supplies." He stood up and gave everyone his best annoyed look.

"I'll go with you," Astrid said getting to her feet and following him. She was annoyed with Arthur, but at least there was an escape from the others.

Karina Morris

Post by Karina Morris »

"Be careful... and if you need back up, call." Karina tossed him a secure communicator. "We'll get situated until Di and Livvy get here."
Karina Rebecca Morris
Alpha Section Operative

Marsali MacDonald

Post by Marsali MacDonald »

"Art! What in the bloody hell are you doing here?" An odd accented female voice called across from the street. Arthur called it Scottish light.

He turned and there was Claire... or was it Marsali? He could never tell. Both the twins had that accent. Which Arthur, thought was weird since the other twins and their younger bother Rupert sounded just like Aunt Amiee.

She bounded across the street with Seraphina in tow, and she hugged him. "So? What are you doing here?"

"The same could be said for you two. I'm on a mission of sorts with the others."

Claire or Marsali, smiled with understanding, "Your mixed up in that nutter prophecy thing. Ye gonna introduce me to yer lass?"

He was going to say Astrid wasn't his, but shrugged and simply smiled. "This is Astrid Vogler, and this is my cousin... uh... Livvy's sister, and Seraphina."

"Honestly Art," the twin said exasperated, "You've known us almost our entire lives and you still can't bloody tell us apart." She turned to Astrid, "Marsali MacDonald lass."

"You don't look like Livvy."

"Ye met me sister? Oh aye. Same mom's different da's."

Seraphina Morris

Post by Seraphina Morris »

"Yeah seriously Art... you can't figure out who's who by now? Marisol's got the accent and the birthmark by her right cheek, Claire's got it on the left and her eyes are greener like Becca's." Seraphina replied. "And Mari's the only one of you whole lot I can take a trip with and not want to push out an airlock by the end of it."

"What about me?" Karina chuckled.

"Oh especially you." Seraphina teased. "Especially if I'm god forbid wearing something that you or mom didn't design."

"It's free why wouldn't you?" Karina replied.

"See what I mean?" Seraphina said. "Art. Astrid... I'll handle the the 'team'. You get whatever you need to get."

Marsali MacDonald

Post by Marsali MacDonald »

"Both twins have the accent," he said to Seraphina annoyed. Not for the first time he was glad he and Diana weren't identical. Though, a brother may have been nice he mused, not that he didn't love his baby sister, but there was waay too much estrogen in the house. "Seriously Marsali what are you doing here?" Arthur asked.

"I'm wit' the State Department. I bloody work here ye wee gomeral."

Arthur sighed, "Mom said you had gotten on with the Diplomatic Corps, but she didn't say where you would be assigned."

"Aye well, here I am. What is it ye be needing?"

"Weapons, food, and as many parts ans fuel we can get our hands on for an old Akira-class starship."

"What kind of weapons?"

"Torpedoes mostly. Tri-cobalt, and quantum, but photons will do in a pinch. And we will need a deuterium processing plant, and as much deuterium we can store."

Marsali ran her fingers through her red hair, an expression he'd seen his Aunt Amiee do all his life. "The food is no problem. I think ye need a wee mess hall and a hydroponics bay. It will extend your rations ya ken? Fer the parts talk to Gren Hafmel o'er in the Industrial District. If anyone has Akira parts he will. As far as the weapons that's going to be a wee bit tricky. Why didn'a you get yer da' ta give 'em to ya?"

"Because we are trying to do this on the down low. If he transfers weapons to us, it will have to be put into the official record which can be hacked."

Marsali nodded in understanding, "I will talk ta President Ortiz an' Kai Kira ta see wha we ken do."

Arthur grinned and cuffed her on the shoulder, "Thank you
I don't know where'd I'd be without you."

"Aye I ken. Ye'd be a wee bit lost not knowin' what ye are aboot."

Seraphina Morris

Post by Seraphina Morris »

"Actually..." Seraphina held up a finger. "We can talk to Mad Man Martin. He owes me and Ethan for not busting him and his crew for not having proper travel documents for that race. He's got all kinds of old ordinance, like photons, quantums, whatever... supplies the freedom fighters and rebels on the outer fringes of Alliance and UFP space." she smirked slightly. "It may mean calling in a favor and a little moderate humiliation. He promised if I wore a bikini and posed on one of his custom race shuttles, he'd help me out. I refused... but only because Ethan looked like he was offended for my sake. Ten minutes in something Karina designed to be scandalous... should be worth his discretion and his firepower. If my ass is going to be posted in his garages forever... at least we'll make it worth something."