Chapter 8: Preperations

A mysterious stranger arrives on Terra Alpha, and brngs with her a new enemy.
Arthur Talon

Re: Chapter 8: Preperations

Post by Arthur Talon »

<Ashalla, Bajor>

Arthur sat with his arms stretched across the backrest of the bench he was sharing with Astrid Vogler. Empress Lilith Stormtalon stood next to his right with her arms crossed across her body.

Arthur bent forward and spat, "Relax Lil. We weren't followed." He removed his black cowboy hat and wiped the sweat from his brow

"I'm uneasy about this whole endeavor," Lilith replied.

"I don't blame you," Astrid replied. "I haven't slept in weeks."

Arthur sighed, "Well, none of this is exactly comforting. When you get the ijulna involved things tend to get very ugly."

"Let's focus on one thing at a time. We're here to gather supplies, and that's what we should do," Astrid replied. She glanced at her ancient watch. and sighed. "The others are late."

"They're always late," Lilith said with some annoyance in her voice. "Gale is the worst."

Arthur grinned, "We all can't be perfect like you my Queen."

Lilith playfully punched Arthur in the shoulder, and he yelped in mock pain.

Lana Ryder

Post by Lana Ryder »

"Pussy." Lana teased as she walked over with Gale. "Bella had to be bribed to let us take him."

"Like she's my mother... she's my best and oldest friend." Gale said as he took off his sunglasses. "So are Liv and Di here yet? You know I could have just borrowed something from dad. Although I'm pretty sure that'd get me a nice court martial. But pfft... "

"At least you brought credits... thanks for that." Lana said and crossed her arms.

"Yeah hey... that's what a family fortune is for. Doing stuff like this." Gale replied and looked at Lilith. "Empress. You're looking... nice today."

Lana slapped his arm playfully. "Gee one of the few girls here that's not related to us. Although you ignored Astrid."

"And you look lovely too milady Vogler." Gale said with a polite British accent and bow.
Lanakila "Lana" Ryder
Daughter of Olivia Ryder & Ethan Riddic

Lilith Stormtalon

Post by Lilith Stormtalon »

Astrid's face gave Gale an expression of disgust, but she didn't reply.

"We're all wealthy," Lilith said simply. "We are the children of rulers after all. Now, what do we need? The girls should be here tomorrow with the new ship. Where is everyone else?"
Lilith of the House Stormtalon, the First of Her Name, Queen of Kalmeth, and the Aggon'kor, Protector of the Realm, and the faith. Empress of the Holy Narlin Empire

Gale Ryder

Post by Gale Ryder »

"En route." Gale replied. "This wasn't exactly easy to pull off for most of us. Mum was happy that I finally got an assignment on the planet instead of the outposts and stations." he unzipped his jacket and sighed. "Bella thinks I'm crazy going against Earth with just the lot of us, thinks we should have called in more forces, but we can't... not without Di and Art's dad actually petitioning a war resolution. Course mum thinks we should have gone in years ago. Least y'got a pyro in case this all goes bloody sideways." he gave Lilith a look. "So what line of bullshit did you give your people about why you're on your own mission or have they stopped asking why you do anything?"
Lt. Gale Huntington
Operations Officer

Lilith Stormtalon

Post by Lilith Stormtalon »

"I am the empress not a slave to Talaria," Lilith said with an edge to her voice which clearly indicated that there had been a disagreement within the royal palace. "Besides, Simon can rule in my stead," She said with a flick of her wrist. "I'm sure Diana will be disappointed, but she'll get over it.

"Disappointed indeed," Arthur chuckled.

"All that aside we aren't exactly going against Earth. It's not like we are launching a raid," Astrid said. "I hope we don't have to fight at all. That's why we are only taking this group. Not enough to look like and army, but enough to defend ourselves. In the end, if the Prophet knew what we are about, he'll send someone to stop us, and then we will have a fight. Just so you all know: the Prophet's men prefer hand to hand combat. They will disable our shields and beam onto the ship. We must be prepared."

"I'm always prepared," Lilith said tapping the hilt of her long sword.
Lilith of the House Stormtalon, the First of Her Name, Queen of Kalmeth, and the Aggon'kor, Protector of the Realm, and the faith. Empress of the Holy Narlin Empire

Gale Ryder

Post by Gale Ryder »

"And some of us are always armed." Gale said as he ignited both his hands. "Y'know... this could come in handy, they're religious to a fault... a little fabric, my flame, the iljuna... could make some fire demon thing to scare the crap out of them if we encounter any Earth idiots."

"Yeah... they're Scooby Doo villains." Lana teased.

"Rurow Rana..." Gale said with his best Scooby Doo impression. "Loved that cartoon. Taught me a valuable lesson... what some think is supernatural is actually science. Course this is coming from the son of a space wizard... who carries a laser sword and can sense when I'm doing something I shouldn't be lightyears away."
Lt. Gale Huntington
Operations Officer

Arthur Talon

Post by Arthur Talon »

"Mom does the same thing to me," Arthur said. "And, I don't carry a laser sword." Shrugging, "Though, I teckon I could've if I wanted to."

Gale Ryder

Post by Gale Ryder »

"You like being more old fashioned." Gale shrugged his shoulders. "I grew up around tech and archaic weapons. Hell my cradle was Bella's bow and arrow case more often than not. Still, it's funny that your sister was the only one that actually went all the way with that training to the Olympics. I don't like people to know that I'm on her level when it comes to my marksmanship... I like letting people think I'm just the spoiled son of Nick and Alice Ryder... that I'm not a threat. Speaking of... thanks for covering on that last Op... I like working with you."
Lt. Gale Huntington
Operations Officer

Arthur Talon

Post by Arthur Talon »

"It's my job. When you have our lineages there are certain expectations. I can't exactly sit at home and do nothing."

Alexander Calhoun

Post by Alexander Calhoun »

"Can if you're a telepathic genius." Alex said with a grin. "Nora's on her way, Vin's taking his bloody good natured time. Wish Di and Livvy would comm us. Home brew?" he offered as he opened up a duffel bag. "i brought a couple cases to trade with,.. and enough to keep us calm and cool."
Alexander "Lex" Calhoun-Ryder