Chapter 8: Preperations

A mysterious stranger arrives on Terra Alpha, and brngs with her a new enemy.
Astrid Vogler

Re: Chapter 8: Preperations

Post by Astrid Vogler »

"We'll likely need it to barter once we leave known space," Astrid suggested.

"I know the planet we are going to is a little out of the way, but it is known," Arthur said.

"I have a feeling we will be leaving the Milky Way Galaxy," Astrid said in her disconcerting prophetic tone of hers. "That's why it was essential we have the use of a full starship. We will make contact with aliens unknown to us."

Lana Ryder

Post by Lana Ryder »

"Sounds rather exciting." Lana said with a slight smile.

"I'll say." Gale nodded his head in agreement. "Good thing most of us have been groomed and trained to do something like this. Wonder if Seraphina will join us?"

"Oh yeah, that's a great idea... practically a member of the cabinet... but then again, she's the closest thing we've got to Diana and Art's mother that isn't surrounded by Secret Service all the time." Lana said as she leaned against a wall. "Did anyone ask her to join us?"
Lanakila "Lana" Ryder
Daughter of Olivia Ryder & Ethan Riddic

Arthur Talon

Post by Arthur Talon »

"I didn't," Arthur said. Truth be told Seraphina always weirded him out. She was too much like his mother, yet different. It was confusing as all get out.

Karina Morris

Post by Karina Morris »

"You didn't but she asked me." Karina said with the flop of a bag. "Brought you some clothes that won't make you lot scream 'Hey we're Alliance! Shoot at us! And Grandpa Nick wanted me actually busy and not flirting with his agents." she shrugged her shoulders. "Annnnd... big sister duo wanted me to keep an eye on all of you."
Karina Rebecca Morris
Alpha Section Operative

Lilith Stormtalon

Post by Lilith Stormtalon »

"But, we are Alliance," Lilith said confusion on her face.

Arthur chuckled, "She does have a point. How many Narlins run around with humans, and besides this a collection of faces that have all seen the media at one point or another."
Lilith of the House Stormtalon, the First of Her Name, Queen of Kalmeth, and the Aggon'kor, Protector of the Realm, and the faith. Empress of the Holy Narlin Empire

Karina Morris

Post by Karina Morris »

"Exactly." Karina said with a smirk. "All of us are related to the 'Royal' families of the Alliance. Course, that's what makes us so good together, weird how we're all so close in age, within a year or two of each other." she gave Lilith a smirk. "Although you're going to be a bit of a challenge, but I think perhaps Arthur is going to be a countryman of your's. One Narlin among a bunch of Terrans will give us away, but two Narlins and I'll see if I can't get maybe Diana some Trill make up, like when I helped her cosplay as Admiral Rexi Rigan. I'll bring out Livvy's ridges a bit more, make her a tad more Klingon. Gale... you're going to need the most work, for the son of a spymaster your face is everywhere. Which is good for your work, but bad for this."

"Well, mum always did think I had the build to be an Andorian." Gale shrugged his shoulders.

"I can see it, but I'm thinking we're going to with a nano mask." Karina replied. "Just don't do a full body flame on, these things aren't cheap and Diana WILL find a way to make your life hell if you burn out another one." she looked at Arthur. "Ever walk with lifts in your shoes? Give you a couple extra inches, you'll still be shorter, but at least you'll be closer to seeing eye to eye with her."

"Unless Lil wears heels." Gale teased. "You've seen King and I... always has to have her head higher don'tcha know."

"Ugh don't remind me of King and I... I have nightmare flash backs to all the costumes I've had to make and remake... " Karina shuddered. "Astrid, how do you feel about going blonde?"
Karina Rebecca Morris
Alpha Section Operative

Arthur Talon

Post by Arthur Talon »

"I'm six-one," Arthur said with a tinge of annoyance.

"How, about a hylon," Lilith suggested. "There isn't many on Talaria, but they are native to my planet."
Last edited by Arthur Talon on Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lana Ryder

Post by Lana Ryder »

"They're about your height shorty." Lana said with a grin. "I dated one once, went by the nickname 'Shorty' was like six two. Hey for a short girl to see a tall kid that grew up overnight be the 'short one' in a duo makes me laugh to no end. I hated that growth spurt you had in your teens."
Lanakila "Lana" Ryder
Daughter of Olivia Ryder & Ethan Riddic

Arthur Talon

Post by Arthur Talon »

"It's in the family," Arthur replied. "Dad's six-three, and grandma is like five-ten. I couldn't help that I had a growth spurt."

IRIS

Post by IRIS »

"You organics... always worrying about your size." Iris said as she materialized. "The Phoenix will be here within the hour. Yes, they named it that." she looked at Astrid. "Far be it for me, a lowly administration AI... I do hope all this is worth the effort that's being put in. Still, I've been around long enough to know that things like this... I just hope from the bottom of my algorithms that all of you survive this."
IRIS TANAIS
Intelligent Resource Information System - Terra Alpha Naval Artificial Intelligence Server