Chapter 4

After an unknown phenomenon disables most forms of modern technology such as electricity, high-pressure steam-power, combustion, computers, electronics, guns, car and jet engines, and batteries, people quickly adapt, relying on swords and bows.

Based on the Emberverse Series by: S.M. Stirling
monica Laforge

Re: Chapter 4

Post by monica Laforge »

"I practically lived in a hoodie, and sweatpants in medical school," Monica replied with an ironic grin. "I never had time to use my assets if you will. With that said, maybe you won't have to flit your way." She shrugged, "You know, use that big brain of yours you are always talking about. I'm not an engineer myself, but my dad, and mom both were. They graduated from MIT. Needless to say they were disappointed I didn't follow in their footsteps, but that isn't to say I didn't learn a thing or two from them."

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

"Well, given that money is worthless, there's very little of value anymore... beyond base instincts for some people." Angel said and winced slightly. "My stock of clothing and accessories will only last so long. Grandpa's packrat crap in the basement and garage as well." she closed her eyes. "But you're right... I didn't start my first company at 17 because I was able to bat my eyelashes and show a little leg. You know... I'm sure they could use you in Colorado too."
Vice Admiral Angelica "Angel" Ryder-Morris
CO 414th Engineering & Planetary Defense Fleet
Flagship: TAS Kitea
"Perky is as perky does."

monica Laforge

Post by monica Laforge »

She shrugged, "I don't know how much of a difference I could make. Without MRIs, XRays, and all the rest I can't do much more than a nurse."

Angel Ryder

Post by Angel Ryder »

"Hey, we did without all that for a very long time, hell it's only been barely 80 years since medicine as we know it was really 'the' thing for healing." Angel said with a smirk. "Go old school. Of course... if the laws of physics have changed that we can't even create steam energy anymore... then that means... we need to experiment with... everything."
Vice Admiral Angelica "Angel" Ryder-Morris
CO 414th Engineering & Planetary Defense Fleet
Flagship: TAS Kitea
"Perky is as perky does."

monica Laforge

Post by monica Laforge »

"Well, I guess I'm better than nothing, and I know better than to bleed you to balance you humors. Though, leeches are useful in lessoning the damages of bruises. Not all medieval medicine is complete rubbish. Willow tree bark tea for example contains the same active ingredient as aspirin, just not in it's concentrated form."