Chapter 8

After an unknown phenomenon disables most forms of modern technology such as electricity, high-pressure steam-power, combustion, computers, electronics, guns, car and jet engines, and batteries, people quickly adapt, relying on swords and bows.

Based on the Emberverse Series by: S.M. Stirling
Victoria Underwood

Re: Chapter 8

Post by Victoria Underwood »

"You clearly had time to think about this." Victoria chuckled lightly. "I was thinking on similar lines criminals and those that are not exactly... social. Put them to work manufacturing and farming. Brute labor. Others... more domestic staff. I do plan on keeping a couple of... asshole senators and congressmen that defied me into indentured servitude..."
Tori Thorne aka Victoria Thorne-Underwood
Former Governor of New Georgia - Former Ajem'dasis

Abbygale Porter

Post by Abbygale Porter »

"Yes and no. Some of it I've been considering, some just occurred to me and some was a government study. A what if scenario." She returned her attention back to the map, "Iowa is still intact for some reason, as is parts of Nebraska. There's rumors that the Church Universal and Triumphant, a cult in Nothern Montana, is getting things organized. I don't have any idea of what's going on out west. Anyway, I expect Nebraska will be our next problem. We'll want to eventually send out envoys. Keep the peace as it were."

Victoria Underwood

Post by Victoria Underwood »

"Barely here five minutes and you're formulating plans that actually may keep this going." Victoria said as she put her hands on her hips. "Alright Abby... you are definitely going to be part of my... whatever we call this... if you don't... then I'm keeping your tiny blonde ass anyway."
Tori Thorne aka Victoria Thorne-Underwood
Former Governor of New Georgia - Former Ajem'dasis

Abbygale Porter

Post by Abbygale Porter »

"I wish to survive," Abby quipped. "Resting on our laurels is a sure way to end up like Marine Antoinette when you're at the top."