The Cursed Clock

The strike back has started... who will survive... what will change...
Victoria Underwood

The Cursed Clock

Post by Victoria Underwood »

New Georgia --

Victoria was in her office, trying to keep things business as usual. Except it wasn't. She was a woman trying to decide what was more important, her position as a governor, the Ajem'dasis Master, or a free woman. The time traveling daughter of Kinsey and Jack Ryder still remained in a specially protected chamber under the mansion. Finishing up her day's work, she removed her work clothes and changed into her Ajem'dasis robes and beamed herself into the chamber where Cece Ryder was being kept.

"It's five o'clock already?" Cece said as she was doing yoga, the only thing covering her was a simple loin cloth and another band of cloth over her breasts. Neither were strong enough to hang herself or be used as a weapon, but it provided at least a modicum of modesty. "So, more questions or are you going to train again?"

"Little of both." Victoria said as she sat on the edge of one of the empty crates in her chamber. "Have you given thought to my offer?"

"My freedom in exchange for working with you? I would rather die." Cece said and shook her head. "I'm never going to join your Ajem'dasis."

"Well you could join my actual political staff." Victoria looked at her mask. "I'm starting to feel like this... is more important than that. As is my relationship with Abbygale."

"You do know I agree with Abbygale. You should have killed me when you had the chance." Cece said sternly. "Instead of this game... what do you hope to accomplish?"

"Freedom. Abby and I go and find a safe place and you... can take all this." Victoria said. "Or... you take my spot as Ajem'dasis master and I just stay governor and I marry Abbygale."

"Either way you end up with your girlfriend and I get to stay here." Cece rolled her eyes. "And be considered a traitor... like I said. I'm better off dead."

"Suit yourself. I'm giving you an out but if you want to die down here... that can be arranged." Victoria said and shrugged her shoulders. "I can always stop feeding and watering you, give you a week or so and just beam whatever's down here into space."
Tori Thorne aka Victoria Thorne-Underwood
Former Governor of New Georgia - Former Ajem'dasis

Abbygale Porter

Re: The Cursed Clock

Post by Abbygale Porter »

"Yet here we are. I am a cautious woman, and generally so is Victoria. You being here might be beneficial to both of our interests. Look at it this way, you are alive because Lady Seig'ajem wanted you as her guest. We aren't evil, nor do our goals align with Dominus or Bellatrix."

Abbygale Porter

- Much Later

Abbygale sat at the dining table amongst piles of scientific PADDs and various reports. There was a plate with a cornbread muffin sitting on it barely touched, and a glass of sweet tea with only a quarter of its contents left.

She sat back and pulled her glasses off and rubbed the bridge of her nose. Speaking out loud to herself, "These people are a problem. No doubt about it. A major bite you in the arse problem."

Victoria Underwood

""People are always a problem. Why do you think even the Alliance is going with AI's and holograms and drones for the... mundane stuff." Victoria said and poured herself a glass of wine from a bottle she was carrying and clearly a bit tipsy. "People suck." she scowled. "I am this close... THIS CLOSE" she held up two fingers "From just going full on Lady Seig'Ajem on the mayors and common councils. I gave them an entirely ENTIRELY fair budget and plan... and they threw it back at me. There may be a few spots opening up in local governments... " she muttered and looked at the collection of padds. "So give me your tale of woe lover?"

Abbygale Porter

"An exit strategy," Abby said with a weak smile. "I have ran dozens of permutations, and in everyone either Carly is our downfall or Dominus and his bitch are. We are caught between two immovable rocks, and they are intent on grinding each other to sand." She clapped her hands together for emphasis. "Bellatrix doesn't trust you, nor will she be content in sharing the role of Ajem'dasis master, a job as you very well know doesn't generally come with a retirement plan. And, once the Alliance has the information they need to take you down they will have marines bust down this door lead by Jase'dasis Knights. The way I see it, we have two options, and only two options. One, and this is an option that leaves a sour taste in my mouth, and that's to tuck tail and dissapear into another reality and we hope the Dirty Four don't figure that out and choose to follow us. The second option which is only slightly less distasteful, and that's to convince our guest that we're on the same side and officially join the Alliance."

Victoria Underwood

"Not the worst idea." Victoria said and took a sip of her wine. "Dominus and Bellatrix have soured this whole... Ajem'dasis order for me. The acolytes are all dazzled by them and really... what are trying to rule? The Alliance? The scraps of the Imperium? Alliance at least is somewhat forgiving." she closed her eyes. "You'd probably be President or at least Speaker. We have to get T'Kir pregnant. Why in the worlds isn't she pregnant yet? She gets pregnant, she's not running for re-election and she's not going to be speaker. Third in line isn't bad. Of course that's assuming the Prices don't run for re-election. That is if you still want that."

Abbygale Porter

She shrugged, "I honestly don't want any of this anymore. All the intrigue, scheming and back stabbing. I'm tired of always looking over my shoulder and making sure I don't commit some gaff that my enemies would use against me. I'm tired of lying awake worrying about you. I'm mostly just tired." She shuffled through the PADDs and handed it to Victoria, "My hypothetical speech for leaving the race. A race that is only a few months away, and I'm leading in the polls by double digits. A race I don't even want anymore."

Victoria Underwood

"Nor do I." Victoria said softy. "I'm just... tired of people complaining no matter what I do. Using the Iljuna to manipulate is giving me a headache. Perhaps it's time we just retire." she leaned forward. "You do know that I have more than enough resources to allow us to live very well for the rest of our lives. No matter what we do."

Abbygale Porter

"I'm not wealthy by any stretch of the imagination, but I am frugal by nature, and I have saved, and invested well, and I don't need your money, only you. So, what do we do? Do we back the virtues of the Alliance, go all in with Dominus, or seek a new reality?"

Victoria Underwood

"Only Cece down in the hole knows I'm Ajem... and let's be honest, I haven't screwed over their family as badly as Dominus and his brood have. We can always say that was Fred's bullshit and I got drawn into it." Victoria said and poured herself more wine. "Miss Ryder is tougher than she looks and smarter." she got up from her chair and put her arms around Abbygale. "So all you need is me hmmm?"