The Worriment Waltz

The strike back has started... who will survive... what will change...
Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Re: The Worriment Waltz

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Not entirely sure, but it seems like they're another higher plane race like the El'Aurians and Siofrans, but not quite Q level." Nick replied. "Would explain a few things, K'n'zy seemed like she was only tapping the surface of what she COULD do, but given her psychotic nature... didn't want her to press it. Course Dominus fried her brain. Which is why I'm more than a little worried about Kinsey, but Jack was also tortured, a refined version of the Time Dilation chamber that grew Ophelia apparently, lived something like a half dozen lifetimes or something in the span of a couple weeks. Hundreds of years and he managed to unlock the full capacity of his own psionic ability. Together, they are extremely dangerous the only UPSIDE I see... they're still loyal to each other and they don't want to hurt US, but we all know Kinsey's wrath when she's pushed."

"Tali mentioned something to me about Korba, Kinsey's father, apparently he came to her or messaged her or... I don't know. She clammed up pretty tight after that. I couldn't get too much out of her." Clint replied. "Did she tell you anything Mac?"
Nicholas "Nick" Ryder-Huntington
Husband, Father, Inventor, Maker, Defender
Former President, Founder Alpha Quadrant Alliance

Mac Calhoun

Post by Mac Calhoun »

“He appeared I don’t know what happened after that. I fell asleep or he put me to sleep. I thought she was going to come to the meeting.” Mac said as she looked over at JT. “You told her to come right?”

Tali’Zorha

Post by Tali’Zorha »

"I told her." JT said and glanced at his comm. "Ah... she's on her way." he let her see his communicator.

The door opened and Tali walked in, a leather bag around her shoulder and a briefcase in her hand. "Sorry I was late... was just getting a few things from Joe's." she dropped them near the door. "What did I miss?"

"We were wondering what Kinsey's father told you." JT said as he looked at her.

"Oh... " Tali winced and sat down. "That's a long story." she looked at Mac and Jason. "One I suppose I must tell you." she closed her eyes. "Korba... or at least the being I knew as Korba, was not a Xenexian. He just took the form of one. He's a rebel like all of us I suppose... but his race is... considerably powerful." she looked at the President and Bella. "Of course we're all related to powerful people." she glanced at Noonian Singh who was standing in a corner sipping tea.
Tali'Zorha Calhoun
Presidential Intelligence Agent

Isabella price

Post by Isabella price »

“So Kinsey is only half Xenexian?” Bella inquired.

“No it would have to be a higher mix for Jack of not noticed it sooner. He always said there was something he couldn’t explain about her.” Alice said as she looked at Tali. “You said Korba took this form is it possible he’s noncorpal and shared Korba’s existence? It would certainly explain that something Jack could never figure out.”
First Lady Isabella Price

Tali’Zorha

Post by Tali’Zorha »

"I'm not a scientist... but perhaps." Tali said as she put her hand on her stomach. "I had no idea... although I thought it was because we spent a lot of time near the Pit that Kinsey and my psionic ability was stronger. Or we were some of those 'rare' Xenexians who had more power than others." she looked at Alice. "Do you think you could find out more? I would be willing to be studied. But only by you."
Tali'Zorha Calhoun

Alice Ryder

Post by Alice Ryder »

“Of course though Jack is the expert he spent a lot of time studying Kinsey. I may need help analyzing the data and a subject to compare it to.” Alice said as her eyes drifted to the twins.

“Hell no!” Mac said crossing her arms.

“Hell yes.” Jason countered. “I’m going it do too and so are you. You’re different since you left. Ever since Clint called for Decker you’ve been screaming down our bond from the roof tops, with a bull horn, in my ear! Where before it was this nice gentle creek of emotion and thought. Now it’s this fucking raging river of anger and it’s driving me insane.”

“I watched our parents destroy a planet and felt those people die! Fuck you!” Mac yelled.

A pad flew across the table toward Alice and Jason managed to stop it just inches from hitting her in the face.

“Guess who gets to go see Alice now.” Jason said with a massive grin.

Mac stood there with her mouth open as she staired at the hovering pad.

“Fine.” She said as she slowly sank back into her chair.

“Very good then.” Alice said as she plucked the pad out of the air and slid it back down the table. “I’ll message with the date and time. If that's alright with you Tali?”
Alice Huntington Ryder

Tali’Zorha

Post by Tali’Zorha »

"Sooner the better." Tali said as she looked at Mac and Jason. "I'm sorry... I feel like this is my fault. I was young and in love and not exactly the most popular person in Calhoun. Why do you think I never adopted that as my name?" she closed her eyes. "Korba came to me but he said it was a one time only thing, he couldn't do it again. Why? I have no clue. And trust me, I've been trying to find him in every reality I've lived in. Of course, the two of you..." she looked at Mac and Jason and sighed. "You're new. You're something I never really encountered before. Of course, Jack's not exactly fully Terran either. I've never quite been in a room with so many people who are not all standard Xenexian or Terran. About the only ones not otherwise enhanced or from some other lineage are the Directors, Cross and Decker and President Price."

"Not for lack of tryin'." Jon replied. "So Alice... in your official scientific opinion... do you feel as if Kinsey and Jack are a threat that we need to track down or is leaving them alone our best option for the moment?"
Tali'Zorha Calhoun

Alice Ryder

Post by Alice Ryder »

"My scientific opinion? Do you want me to dissect her if you did happen to bring her in?" Alice inquired with a raised eyebrow.

"I don't think that's what he meant." Bella said with a chuckle.

"I think not." Alice said as she sipped her tea. "Regardless my opinion based on the information is we leave them alone. We have no means to track Jack's pod and they've done nothing to harm us. I would suggest we not provoke them...I suppose that was slightly scientific Jon."
Alice Huntington Ryder

Jonathan Price

Post by Jonathan Price »

"Then I think that will be our course of action at this time. Still, the more we know about her and how their powers work, the better we can defend ourselves, if the worst happens. After all, we did not expect a version of Nicholas to show up either and like your husband, he's usually a step ahead of us." Jon replied. "Work with Noonian on this Alice, just in case. As for Dominus, so far he hasn't threatened us directly, has he?"

"Not that we're aware." Nicole said. "If the attacks did disable Dominus' ability to wage war is temporarily reduced, we may have some time to continue mounting our own defense and possible a more effective offense. Still, Bellatrix came back with a number of unknown ships. So that's something to worry about."

"And if Ophelia is truly dead... no one ever stays dead anymore." Clint replied. "But if she comes back gunning for blood, who knows."

"Ophelia is possibly more dangerous than her parents." Tali said and folded her hands. "She's smart, she's adaptive and is focused. I would not count her out entirely, although even if she returns as a clone, at least Kinsey killed the version that killed Selene."

"So we're just glossing over Cece?" Jon said with a raised eyebrow. "Do we have any idea where she is or could be with?"

"I got nothing." Tali said with a sigh. "But i would presume she's alive. Which is a good thing, but it's been months."

"So we're just waltzing around worried about a lot of players here and we have no idea when the next shoe will drop... if it'll drop. Or how." Jon glanced at Bella. "We need to end Dominus' threat and his children and Bellatrix as soon as possible. The general population IS worried and we need to address it. Any suggestions?"
Jonathan "Jon" William Price
3rd President of Terra Alpha

Isabella price

Post by Isabella price »

Bella shifted slightly in her chair and eyed her grandfather.

"You've been oddly quiet."
First Lady Isabella Price