Home Again

The strike back has started... who will survive... what will change...
Clint Cross

Home Again

Post by Clint Cross »

The weekend came and went faster than Selene and Clint could have pictured, but they did managed to squeeze an extra couple of days at the resort, deciding to return to Clint's place, both to check on the progress of the work, that he assumed would be done by now and because he really wanted to avoid the office for a little longer.

After changing into real clothes for the first time in days, Clint went out to the garage and saw the shuttle was gone. He grumbled slightly as he walked back into the house, he hated when people borrowed his shuttle and didn't ask. Or maybe they did ask and he was distracted...

"Hey Rommie... where's my shuttle and can you call Bella and Jon and tell them we'll pick up Kaitlyn and James?" Clint asked as he looked around the kitchen. "House actually looks like home again... "
Director Clint Cross
Naval Intelligence
Codename: Hawkeye/Hawkguy

Liara

Re: Home Again

Post by Liara »

“I think this is the first time it’s been quiet since I’ve been here.” Selene said as she knelt down and picked up a piece of paper.

“What do you mean where is your shuttle? It’s in the garage.” Rommie said as she appeared in the living. “Where have you been?”

Selene raised an eyebrow at Rommie as she looked over the paper.

“Why aren’t you wearing your wedding ring?” Rommie asked her curiously.

“Clint what’s ‘Windfall’ mean?” Selene asked as she handed him the note.
Agent Liara Singh
aka
Selene Lanara

Clint Cross

Post by Clint Cross »

"No idea." Clint replied as he took the paper and looked at Rommie. "Windfall?" he raised an eyebrow. "You alright?"
Director Clint Cross
Naval Intelligence

Liara

Post by Liara »

“Why wouldn’t I be alright? You and Selene clearly went somewhere and didn’t tell me and left the kids with Bella and John. Why wouldn’t I be alright?” Rommie replied, annoyed.

“Expect you did know. You packed our bags Rommie.” Selene tried to remind her. “And Clint’s shuttle is missing from the garage.”

“That doesn’t make any sense.” Rommie said as she cocked her head to the side and scanned them. Her eyes narrowed at Selene. “Your scans don’t match the ones on file.”
Agent Liara Singh
aka
Selene Lanara

Clint Cross

Post by Clint Cross »

"Rommie, you packed our bags... of course she matches. Unless there's a bit too much of my DNA in her now... I mean but what do you expect for a couple's getaway?" Clint said and looked at Selene. "I think our resident AI needs a tune up."
Director Clint Cross
Naval Intelligence

Liara

Post by Liara »

“I don’t think it works that way.” Selene said with a shake of her head.

“Clint I know our Selene intimately and that’s not her.” Rommie said as she pulled up a holographic display of Selene Cross’s last scan and the one she just took from Selene.

“Clint she thinks I’m your wife.” Selene said taking a step back towards him.
Agent Liara Singh
aka
Selene Lanara

Clint Cross

Post by Clint Cross »

"She never had a memory problem like this before." Clint said with a confused look. "Yeah, she's not Selene Cross, Selene Cross died. This is Selene Lanara, another Selene, same reality as Tali'Zorha was found in, she's my girlfriend. C'mon Rommie you know this... you scanned her a few days ago."
Director Clint Cross
Naval Intelligence

James Cross

Post by James Cross »

"Hey dad... what's... why's Rommie lookin' at everyone weird?" James said as he dropped his keys on the counter. "Bella let me drive back." he smirked. "Auto drive... Kaitlyn's outside I think she's picking flowers. Gardner did a good job." he put his hand on Selene's arm. "Rommie, seriously, it's cool. She's been here before. Bells and Jon sent gave them time off to be romantic or whatever. Which I'm hoping you two did... and didn't just like... spend all day in your room."
James "Half Round" Cross
Adoptive Son of Clint Cross
Presidential Chief of Staff - Terra Alpha Tower

Liara

Post by Liara »

“Selene’s dead?” Rommie asked with a sadness in her eyes.

“Rommie...that was months ago.” Selene said kindly. “I’ve been here for a few weeks now. This is the second time I’ve been here though.”

“I...I must have encountered some kind of system error and restored from a backup. I’m sorry Clint I should power down until we can run a full diagnostic. I don’t know why I restored from such an old backup. I...”
Agent Liara Singh
aka
Selene Lanara

James Cross

Post by James Cross »

"There's this paper... who uses paper?" James said as he looked at it. "That handwriting looks familiar."
James "Half Round" Cross
Adoptive Son of Clint Cross
Presidential Chief of Staff - Terra Alpha Tower