Home Again

The strike back has started... who will survive... what will change...
Cece Ryder

Re: Home Again

Post by Cece Ryder »

"I think me being Kaitlyn's protector and teacher will go over better with Bella anyway." Cece said as she took a sip of the tea she made. "I also need to sort of be there for my siblings. With my parents out... who knows where. There are more important things than managing the President's office. My military career is over. My political career is pretty much a moot point, not that I wanted to get into politics, I only became Bella's chief of staff because I love her like a sister."

"So... how many of our heavy hitters are now off the board? You, Selene, now Nick and Alice, Olivia's retired. Jack and Kinsey." Clint mused as he sipped his coffee.

"I think it's the Universe's way of letting others take point. I'm old Clint." Cece sighed as she looked at them. "I may look youthful, but it's skin deep. I've lived through so many things, I've been a captive for months, and that wasn't the first time either." she looked into her tea cup. "Even my younger counterpart, she may be a little girl, but mentally she's far older. But I've actually lived through so much, mentally and physically. I can't be the savior or the one at the head of a Fleet anymore. I need to share what I learned over my life, give another generation the benefit. None of us are going to be around forever. Selene's death was a stark reminder of that. My alleged death. Mom's." she closed her eyes and sighed. "And look at what dad and mom and even grandpa Nick and Alice have been through these past few years, they deserve to just... be. Olivia has a young son and a daughter who's been artificially aged, she's coping but that's a lot. Still, I think she can be counted on if we need her."

"Well I appreciate it Cece, I really do. You've always been like family." Clint said and looked at Liara. "And... it takes pressure off Liara being thought of as having to be 'mommy' to Kaitlyn. Cool aunt maybe." he winked his eye.
Carly "Cece" Calhoun-Ryder
Nanny/Bodyguard/Tech Support

Liara

Post by Liara »

“Well I kind of will be her aunt.” Liara said with a shrug. “Maybe you should wait on everything Cece until I have a chance to talk to Noonian. We should probably let him know the plan.”
Agent Liara Singh
aka
Selene Lanara

Cece Ryder

Post by Cece Ryder »

"Fair enough." Cece replied and sipped her tea. "Sorry if I seem to get into hyper planner mode. It's sort of what I do. RJ always tried to get me to just 'go with the flow' more. In any case, seeing you and Clint so happy, makes me happy. I get this feeling from you that for the first time in your life, you actually feel like you have a place. And trust me, Clint is going to treat you better than anyone ever had. He's a great guy... a little too goofy for me, but then again, stoic icy types are my turn on."

Liara

Post by Liara »

“He’s a good man.” Liara said as she joined Cece at the table. “There are none of those where I came from. I killed most of them.”
Agent Liara Singh
aka
Selene Lanara

Cece Ryder

Post by Cece Ryder »

"Yeah our's did that too in her reality." Cece bit her lower lip. "Took Clint months to get through to her."

Liara

Post by Liara »

“Killing is what I do and I don’t regret it.” Liara said matter of fact.
Agent Liara Singh
aka
Selene Lanara

Cece Ryder

Post by Cece Ryder »

"And you shouldn't. As long as you have the right targets." Cece replied. "People like you keep people like us safe. Still, life isn't episodic, where every where there's a new threat. There are months that go by when you'll have nothing at all to worry about other than maybe reading chatters and reports and training. Kassie and I were considering going to these musical drama classes at the Capitol City players theater. Bunch of us at the Compound visited once, lot of amateur actors and actresses of various skill levels and talents, but there was something freeing about playing a character. Although launching into some song... that was weird for me. I only ever sing in private. I'm not like Aunt Angel or Aunt Liv, thought the stage acting would help give me a bit more courage in doing public speaking. I've been told I either sound like a total ice queen with no emotion or I'm a commanding 'bitch in heels'. Usually those that call me the latter... I do that arms crossed and death glare that you and Selene do when you're like 'I could kill you, but I won't right now."

Liara

Post by Liara »

“That look is a new one for me. I use to just kill them but Clint won’t let me.” Selene said and shrugged. “It is effective though especially in a world where you actually still need them around.”
Agent Liara Singh
aka
Selene Lanara

Cece Ryder

Post by Cece Ryder »

"It's useful." Cece replied with a smirk. "Besides,too much paperwork covering up terminations." she looked at her fingernails. "And I like having fingernails again. One thing that your counterpart always taught me, if you have to eliminate someone, don't leave a trace. I don't LIKE doing that, but you'd be surprised how many assholes that tried to screw with Jon and Bella. I had one idiot pretend to be part of the cleaning crew, as if I wouldn't recognize a Naussican on the cleaning crew. Tried to plant a bomb... well... he's fertilizing the rose garden."

Liara

Post by Liara »

“Good though I would have thought their security detail would have been better trained.” Liara said bluntly as she finished off her second cup of coffee and set the cup aside.
Agent Liara Singh
aka
Selene Lanara