We Are Not of This World

The strike back has started... who will survive... what will change...
Alice Ryder

Re: We Are Not of This World

Post by Alice Ryder »

“Confidence.” Alice said as she pulled on her robe and tied the belt. “If I were timid you wouldn’t feel the same.”
Alice Huntington Ryder

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"True... that's one of the many things I love about you, you do exude a ton of confidence. Even when we were captured, the only thing that got me through that was that resolve you had and the confidence you inspired." Nick admitted. "I always thought it was pretty cool how I'd see your 'groupies' sort of take on a bit of that, holding themselves like you do, even if they were faking the confidence, they tried. Even though we're laying low in this era, I don't think there'd be too much harm in you and I doing good things around here. Since your father pretty much obliterated what was left of the Huntington family and its history, for all we knew there was an ancestor of your's in this era... namely us, that did some good things. Was strikingly beautiful and had an adorable son and a sort of handsome husband, but no one talked about him much..."
Nicholas "Nick" Ryder-Huntington
Husband, Father, Inventor, Maker, Defender
Former President, Founder Alpha Quadrant Alliance

Alice Ryder

Post by Alice Ryder »

“Small ripples shouldn’t hurt our future to much.” Alice said with a smile. “I would like to go back to them sometime.”
Alice Huntington Ryder

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Same, as I was finishing this bed for Gale, I was ready to take a picture and send it to Angel and then I realized... she's not a comm away anymore." Nick chuckled and sighed. "Upside with time travel, we can return at pretty much any time we want, although I would kind of like to return in real time, if we're gone for say... ten years, we come back ten years later. That way it's not so shocking for them to suddenly see Gale grown up or for him to return and all his friends are still kids and he's almost an adult. BUT... I think for all the crazy we've endured, we need some semi-normal and this era is as semi-normal as it gets." he picked a small leaf from her hair and put his hand on her back. "So I was thinking... how does getting dressed up a little and heading into London proper sound?"

Alice Ryder

Post by Alice Ryder »

“Lovely.” Alice said as she kissed his cheek.
Alice Huntington Ryder

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"We'll put out a few feelers for a nanny, not that I plan on leaving him alone often, but it would be helpful while we're getting things set up. Or if you need an assistant. You've never really had an actual like executive assistant have you? Not entirely unheard of for a lady of the estate to have a social secretary or a nanny to do dual duty. I don't really see me needing one, course this Thaddeus guy could be a good right hand man for me, help with some of my projects." he chuckled and shook his head. "You realize this is the first time in my adult life that I'm in no chain of command for anything? Never really been a civilian."

Alice Ryder

Post by Alice Ryder »

“You’re going to enjoy it.” Alice said as she took his hand and opened the door. “I’ll make sure of it.”
Alice Huntington Ryder

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"I believe it." Nick said with a smile. "It's like the real new start we kind of hoped for. Let's face it, I'm going to look like this for a while and you're going to look like you for a while. Trust me, I've studied you. We both age, but our pyrokinetic powers sort of retard our natural cellular aging, because we're always literally burning away our cells, so they just replicating as they were." he looked at his hand. "I might need to wear gloves more, the synthetic flesh I use won't be invented for another 70 years and another 30 before it's widespread used enough. I can go with a lesser skin, but it doesn't feel right. So I'll have to be careful. Which shouldn't be too much of a problem. Not like I'm going to get involved in combat. Ordinary with a few extraordinary moments sprinkled in will be a nice change of pace." he nudged her arm. "I am married to a Huntington after all."

Alice Ryder

Post by Alice Ryder »

“Yes ordinary is hardly our specialty it seems.” Alice said with a grin as they stepped out of the workshop and she looked around for Gale. He was still playing with his toy army and it looked as though team Froggy had finally taken the ridge.
Alice Huntington Ryder

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

Nick smiled as he watched Gale play, "That right there... is worth all this. I really don't want another child of mine regretting a lost childhood." he kissed Alice on the cheek. "I think he's going to have a lot of good memories of this place as he grows up here."