We Are Not of This World

The strike back has started... who will survive... what will change...
Alice Ryder

Re: We Are Not of This World

Post by Alice Ryder »

“Did you just accuse me of faking it?” Alice teased. “Completely missed you rubbing my thigh that usually leads to more naughty endeavors. I must have been far more tired then I realized.”
Alice Huntington Ryder

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"I just liked petting something soft." Nick said with a laugh. "Seriously... your legs are amazing. Whatever you're doing, keep doing it." he kissed her cheek. "You needed the rest, that's why I let you sleep and I puttered around. I think after the stress of the other day, it was going take a day to recover. Making things is my recovery. Something that isn't tactical, that isn't 'mission critical' just because I felt like it and I wanted to make something for my son." he pointed out a small part of the house. "I think that little conservatory there would make an excellent art studio. Have you given any thought to what kind of... things you want to do? Once I get the power situation upgraded here, we can set up for scientific or fabrication or keep it low tech and be hippie artists."
Nicholas "Nick" Ryder-Huntington
Husband, Father, Inventor, Maker, Defender
Former President, Founder Alpha Quadrant Alliance

Alice Ryder

Post by Alice Ryder »

“Artists. Now that would be something different.” Alice said thoughtfully.
Alice Huntington Ryder

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"It would be. After all, we're both creatives... but whatever we'd want to do, we could. We're both adaptive geniuses. We can be anything we want to be. Although right now I'm relishing being 'just' husband and father... " Nick said as he held her hand.

Alice Ryder

Post by Alice Ryder »

“I am enjoying it as well.” Alice said as she glanced over at Gail playing with his toys. “Why don’t you show me what you made?”
Alice Huntington Ryder

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"It's not entirely done yet, still have to paint it, but... I think he's going to flip when he sees it." Nick said as he lead Alice to the workshop he set up. "Tools were a bit rusty and old, but nothing a quick pass with a phaser couldn't fix." he said as he opened the door. "Tada..." he gestured to the headboard and footboard he had carved. "Debating if I want to stain it green or paint it."

Alice Ryder

Post by Alice Ryder »

"Oh Nicholas he's going to love it." Alice said as she ran her fingers over the wood. "It's beautiful."
Alice Huntington Ryder

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"I always wanted to do this, but never quite had the right motivation to do wood working then this morning... it kinda hit me." Nick said as he ran his hand over the foot board. "I always wanted to actually hand make something for him. Not just replicator or automated CNC y'know?"

Alice Ryder

Post by Alice Ryder »

“I like this side of you.” Alice said as she placed her hand on his and kissed him. “The twinkle in your eyes. It’s been awhile since I’ve seen that look.”
Alice Huntington Ryder

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"I feel more like... well, me." Nick said as he leaned against the workbench. "As much as I enjoyed what we did the past five years... I felt less like me and more like... I don't know. Something else. I like creating. I like doing things like this. When I proposed to you, after that whole tour we did of Terra Alpha, getting down and dirty... that was the last time I felt like this and I knew then that you brought out the best in me. And we both got excited about similar things." he crouched down and pulled out an old toolbox. "I found this buried under all the scrap wood, but it was like... once I cleaned them up, they had to be used. Everything about this feels so damn right. "