We Are Not of This World

The strike back has started... who will survive... what will change...
Nick Ryder
Site Admin

We Are Not of This World

Post by Nick Ryder »

Nick was reclining in the booth enjoying his dark beer, Alice was going through one of the local newspapers while Gale was coloring on the placemat.

"Now that was a good meal... haven't had fish and chips that good in ages." Nick said as he put his mug down and looked around. "Nice place, cozy, staff doesn't overly annoy us." he glanced at Gale's coloring. "Whatcha drawing?"

"The fire place beastie." Gale said as he pointed to the mounted wild boar.

"Nice... more colorful. You've certainly inherited the artistic gene from us." Nick said with a smile. Glancing over at the other tables he noticed a couple of men in robes trying to beg money from other diners.

"Oh please... our planet was overrun by warlords and we escaped here, but we are very poor and need..." one of the same with an odd accent.

"Piss off ya lousy beggars..." one of the local men said with a snarl

"Oi, go back to yuir own planet.." his companion snapped back.

Nick cocked his head slightly when he saw the 'aliens'. The looked Bajoran but they didn't have their earrings and the nasal ridges looked a bit 'off'. There was something off about the whole thing.

"Exchecker be praised." they said and bowed and left the restaurant area.

"The f... fudge?" Nick muttered as he watched them leave. "Did you see that Alice? Knock off Bajorans in an era before the Occupation?" he shook his head. "Sounds like some scammers. Haven't encountered those in a long time, used to have 'em in Poland when mom was setting up her clinic, they were some non Federation race pretending to be other races because they were fugitives or on the run for scamming..."W
Nicholas "Nick" Ryder-Huntington
Husband, Father, Inventor, Maker, Defender
Former President, Founder Alpha Quadrant Alliance

Liara

Re: We Are Not of This World

Post by Liara »

“Nicholas we know what they are but no one else does because of where we came remember that before you get involved.” Alice said as she handed Gale a crayon.
Agent Liara Singh
aka
Selene Lanara

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"I know... but why fake who they are? It's just... weird." Nick said and shook his head. "Eh, I'm entirely off duty right now. They'll try to mooch from the wrong person and that'll end that. Y'know its kind of sad, the Bajorans had a really advanced civilization and then it just went away during the Occupation and in 50 years, they were barely able to muster up Impulse craft and a militia on their own. They beat Earth to so many things, could have been a dominant power in the Quadrant if they really tried."

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

"Perhaps you could take that opportunity to change history Nicholas," Merlin announced. He was wearing something that made him look like a local sheep farmer. "Just think you could be the hero of Bajor. Maybe even a religious icon."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Nope. Temporal Prime Directive still stands." Nick replied casually as he sipped his beer. "Besides, one Starfleet officer as a god of sorts is plenty. Sisko still owes me. I'm just an engineer, maybe an artist. Maybe a retired old fart that'll be more worried about weevils and moles ruining his wife's rose garden." he took another sip and got up and handed the waitress a generous tip. "Food was amazing, I'll be right back, if they want refills, just put it on the tab. Huntington Estate."

"Of course sir." She replied and looked at the tip and smiled. "Not many tip this decently around here, American?"

"Born there, but we've been traveling, decided to settle here, figured may as well support our neighbors eh?" Nick said and patted her shoulder. "Get the kid another chocolate milk." he leaned over and whispered to Alice. "I'll be right back."

Cocking his head to Merlin he walked over to the bar area and sat in a corner table. "Alright, why are you here? I thought we left you in the 25th... you're why we came here. We're so completely and utterly done. We've got a house, her family's old estate and we're going to stay put until Gale's older. So, why are you potentially ruining what was a lovely dinner?"

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

"Sisko? What an amazing idea," Merlin snapped his fingers and Captain Benjamin Sisko appeared next to Nick.

"What the hell?" Sisko demanded.

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

Nick groaned and rolled his eyes. "Ben, blame him." he gestured to Merlin and shook his head. "Merlin... " he rubbed his temples. "It's been a very long day what the hell do you want? And send him back... unless you want to pick up the 50 pound tab. Oh wait that's right... you never carry anything more than a couple slips of latinium... and I always had to cover your ass. Your dad never gave me a free lunch either."

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Ignoring Nick, Merlin continued, "So, captain Nicholas says you owe him. Now is your chance to settle your debt with him. What does he owe you Nicholas?"

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Nothing of circumstance anymore... we're both beyond it." Nick replied.

"Mhmm... right. And where the hell are we Nicholas?" Sisko demanded.

"England, little hamlet just outside of London, early 23rd Century." Nick said calmly as he glanced at Merlin. "Don't ask me why he brought you here, he's been a pain in my behind since the 25th Century. Basically a Q, but not the one you allegedly decked according to O'Brien."

"Want me to... intimidate him?" Sisko said with a sly grin.

"I think he's beyond that. And Ben, don't ask me why I'm in this era... very very long story and I don't really want to figure out what year you're from." Nick said as he took a sip from his beer mug that never seemed to get empty. "Although if you're back from your little sojourn with the Prophets, lot of people that could use your assistance."

"Ah, so that's public knowledge now eh?" Ben raised an eyebrow.

"At least among us who were in S31. Bashir reformed the agency and found out there were way more of us than Sloan let on, but... whatever." Nick said and shook his head. "Was still good to see you again." he turned to Merlin. "Now... what is it you want that you keep bothering me while I'm trying to enjoy some retirement?"

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

"Not 'basically a Q' I am Q," Merlin said with a sly grin. "I tell you what Captain, Nicholas is right you do need to return home, and there's no sense in you remembering this either." Merlin snapped his fingers and Sisko was gone.

Standing Merlin put his cap on, "Nicholas you and your family are not of this world. You don't belong here. For now I will be keeping an eye on you."