Handover

The strike back has started... who will survive... what will change...
Rebecca Talon

Re: Handover

Post by Rebecca Talon »

Rebecca shook her head with an amused expression, "That crazy old man. I have more money than I know what to do with, and he thinks I need his. Nicole take the Legacy Trust and roll it into the Huntington Trust. As far as the anti-kliden tech that needs to get to our Marines and Navy soon."

Black ANGEL Alpha

Post by Black ANGEL Alpha »

"Well Nick always wanted to make sure we were taken care of. I wasn't exactly hurting for resources, but Zeke was well taken care of. Single teenage mum, working with her best friend doing insane spy shit..." Kirby chuckled and refilled Becca's glass. "Might have been better off that Aimee didn't hang out with Liv and I when we were younger. She would have gotten into soooo much trouble. Why do'ya think I don't have a bloody rank? Besides ANGEL Alpha?"
Black ANGEL Alpha
aka: Kirby Ryder
Agent Now Granted Extraordinary License

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"Well Nicholas is a bit of a mother hen that's for sure. And you are wrong. It would have absolutely been better that she got into trouble with you kids. I have done a great many things I regret in this life, none more so than Aimee. I robbed you and her of those experiences."

Black ANGEL Alpha

"I have five Admirals who wanted me shot on sight." Kirby said with a laugh. "Well, Liv, Jena and I make sure AImee gets into plenty of trouble now. Honestly I'm kind of excited for the whole shipping empire she's building, my family's been in freight forever. That's how we got into the spy biz, but I know intimately how important supply lines are. Even something as simple as... insulating rubber can be to keep things running. Bar towels, glassware, cleaning products. You don't have those... things get bad real quick. Do you know the real reason why Starfleet switched to touch screens? The company that made the old switches went under and then sent their entire inventory into a sun. You couldn't find a switch or dial that fit into an Excelsior class ship to save your life. So they went back to touch screens because it was cheaper than trying to find a new fabricator. Or at least that's the story I found out about when I was S31..." she whistled. "Who knows what the real real story was..."
Black ANGEL Alpha

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"It's easier to reconfigure a terminal with a touchscreen." She shrugged, "Though, there is a place for manual switches. Especially for helms. Less things to go wrong, and when you need to control the ship you need reliability over aesthetics or even flexibility."

Black ANGEL Alpha

"Nick always loved my dad's old freighter, it was such a hodgepodge of old and new, he'd find excuses to work on it with him." Kirby chuckled lightly. "Still, dad and Nick were very similar... they were both sort of danger junkies, but I suppose both earned their retirement. Just like my Livvy... we've been in the spy game since were in bloody training bras. Only life she's really ever known, it's why I encouraged her to do the whole band thing, even with that bloody old ass Walker class she dug up. And why I'll support her and Aimee in the shipping business. Course, I doubt Liv's going to give up the music, every night... unless I'm makin' love to her, she's singing or playing her guitar or bass practicing something." she sighed. "It makes her happy and it makes me happy. And hearing that tone in Nick's voice... he's happy. Happier than I've heard him in a long time. Almost like the Nick he was years ago. So tell me Admiral..." she smirked at Rebecca. "What would bring out that same level of happiness in your voice? Hmm?"
Black ANGEL Alpha

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

She shrugged, "I couldn't tell you, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was a hairbrained scheme like what Nicholas did. I've tried retiring, and I always get pulled back in. Maybe I just have to be in the middle of things. Maybe I just like working towards making a difference and sitting on the sidelines bothers me more. I suppose a psychologist would say I am a narcissist with a superiority complex, and a masochist."

Black ANGEL Alpha

"Motivation. You need something to keep you busy. Although the right motivation would help... I'll be honest, as much as I love wee Ethan, Milo... he wasn't the right match. An' no Nick isn't the right match either, not in the ways you need. Y'need a partner in crime, someone that'll support you and knows when to pull you back into normal. You knew Nick the best of all of us, but I there were things he confided in me and in Livvy and Angel that he never confided in anyone else. Things that he really disliked about the way his life was going. Julie got him thinking Intel was the life for him. It wasn't. He liked the clandestine nature of things, but not the rest of it. He loved building things. I once caught him, three or four in the mornin', way before any sane person would even wake up to make breaky and he was makin' my infant son a crib. Another time I saw him take his uniform off, strip to his skivvies and spend four hours in hotter than hell plasma conduit making a repair, getting covered in grease and carbon and who knows what. Come out, walk into a sonic shower, get dressed in his uniform and take his shift on the bridge. Simply because he didn't want to risk some young Ensign that had a respiratory problem and the carbon and other stuff would have made things difficult, even with a respirator, and this was a conduit that was barely big enough to fit Nick, but he did it. Because he liked fixing stuff and he liked helping people."

Kirby took a swig of her drink and sighed. "So when Alice probably had enough, he stripped away everything that we think of what he was... and he did what he did. And I will bet you a week's worth of drinks, that he's probably going to help people covertly, under the table, as he always has. He's probably already made his son something that didn't come out of a replicator and he's probably got his wife so blissfully happy that none of this..." she gestured with her hand. "Is even close to being on their minds now. We haven't seen the last of them, but I'm positive it won't be for many years and not until Gale's almost a man. Who knows, maybe he's not as sterile as he claimed to be."
Black ANGEL Alpha

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"I know one thing: I'm going to miss that man. If I knew where he was I'd be tempted to bugger off there. But, would that be fair to young Ethan and Trinity? Those two may not get together, especially since their older counterparts are so prominent. Would it be fair of me to rob them of that opportunity? I see how the older pair look at each other. It's true love, and that isn't something to be taken lightly."

Nicole Decker

Post by Nicole Decker »

"No one said you had to 'bugger off' wherever or whenever Nick went, but you're an intelligent woman. I'm sure you can find some place or something to do that will fulfill you and let the kids do what they will. Besides, they're still young... but you my friend aren't." Nicole said as she crossed her arms. "You are not beholden to anyone but yourself. Of course, there IS still this whole Dominus and Bellatrix matter but... I have this feeling that it will resolve eventually and honestly... you can do whatever you want. Whoever you want."
Nicole Decker
Director of the Mount, Strategic Homeworld Intelligence and Logistics Directorate