Handover

The strike back has started... who will survive... what will change...
Rebecca Talon

Re: Handover

Post by Rebecca Talon »

She shook her head, "No, I don't suppose I can do whatever I want. Unlike Nicholas I can't just disappear no matter how much I wish I could. Bellatrix's and I's destiny's are intertwined, and should not be taken lightly."

Charles Ryder

Post by Charles Ryder »

"I dunno... I may not be a believe in all that stuff but once she's handled, you're free right?" Charles said as he looked over at her. "Besides, who said your 'destiny's are intertwined'? Some Master Yoga little smurf? So, kick this little bitch's ass and then disappear for a while. Pretty sure Angel'd watch Ethan." he shrugged his shoulders. "Or you could ask your family." he gestured to the room. "You've been Nick's best friend for a long time, that's family in my book. Leo an' I... we always had a thing, if you've stuck by a member of the family through thick and thin, good and bad, you're family. And we're gonna back you until the bitter end, of course, we'll also smack your ass when you need it too."

"Dibs." Kirby teased. "Last Admiral's ass I smacked was Nick's. And he deserved it then."

"So, honest talk Miz Rebecca... what do you want, not what you think the universe wants you to do. What do you want?" Charles said and cocked his head. "We'll help you achieve that, whatever it is."
Charles Ryder

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"I reckon it doesn't matter what I want. I have responsibilities that cannot be ignored. And Bellatrix and I will meet and only one of us will depart. That is something I can feel in my bones... something I know will happen. It is our destiny. Since I can't avoid it I might as well keep as many of you safe while we are at it. After this war I will move to New Hawaii and spend the rest of my days raising Ethan and Kim. Oh, and sip Mai Tais on the beach."

Roger May

Post by Roger May »

"That's a solid retirement plan." Roger said as he walked over to the small gathering. "Although New Hawaii is far too warm for me, I need at least a few months out of the year of a little chilliness." he chuckled lightly. "And Nicholas and Alice were quite happy. I lived near their estate. Honestly had no idea it was the same Nicholas that I taught guitar to when he was a child, I mean, when you've lived centuries, it's hard to remember every single face and name. You, you remind me of about twenty women I've encountered over the years." he shrugged his shoulders. "Not a bad thing mind you. Every single one of them were strong, driven and tenacious. Still, you're right, it's not quite your time to go off the board as it were. But it was Nick's. With Dominus' mastery of alternate timelines, it's safer with him in the past. Trust me on that. I fear that we will be facing a number of men with his face and they will try to pretend to be him or use our connection to him to make us doubt taking decisive action. Which is why I'm going to take Tess off world for a little while. I do not think she needs to see her son killed numerous times. She still wakes up in a cold sweat when she dreams about Leo. One of Dominus' bastard children sent her a video of Underwood pushing Leo out of that window at the Compound and then footage of his death at the hospital."

"Wait... how would you know? Unless..." Kirby raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, we share a bed, strictly a gentleman... she... keeps a lot of things from all of you, she didn't sleep very well. Or did you notice how much caffeine she's on, how extra perky she's been? It's been helping, but despite her youthful appearance she's still a woman getting very close to a century and she hasn't truly embraced her inner Siofran long lived nature yet. You embrace it after your second century by the by." he looked at Becca. "In any case... Rebecca... be strong but not so strong you do not ask for assistance. This is not solely your fight. Everyone... with the exception of Charles, is a skilled fighter."

"Hey brother... I can still bust heads if I need to." Charles smacked his fist into his palm.

"Charles... you threw your back out picking up a newspaper. Your brawling days are well behind you." Roger said with a wink. "Just... don't feel like you have to take Bellatrix and her bastards on alone. You have back up. If it comes to it, I will even call in some of those like me who ware hidden to assist. Just ask and we will be there. Of course, the kill, is your's."
Sir Roger May
Temporal Astrophysics
Alliance Naval Academy

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"Well, that answers that question. If I know Nicholas he would have chosen late 22nd or early 23rd century. " She sighed, "Well, I wish him the best. We ought to get a care package put together and sent to them. I doubt they had this all planned out, and they probably need things."

Charles Ryder

Post by Charles Ryder »

"Oh I'm sure he'll figure something out, those two are resourceful. Not the dark ages." Charles said with a shrug of his shoulders. "May take 'em some getting used to, but they'll land on their feet. Leo always bragged about how it seemed like no matter what, he could manage wherever he was thrown. At least he's got his wife and kid with him, Well... the youngest one at least." he took a swig of his beer. "It's funny, for as many as Leo had, sorta regret not havin' kids. Still single, no kids... that I know of at least. And I'm older than Leo."
Charles Ryder

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"Yeah well, we're all getting up there my friend. Every day it gets harder to get out of bed and more joints crack and pop."

Nicole Decker

Post by Nicole Decker »

"Oh please... you're not THAT old." Nicole chuckled as she took a swig of her drink "If that's whatever your age is looks like? Count me in."

"No kidding." Kirby said with a smirk. "You look barely older than when I first met you as a teenager. Liv and Marcus used to have a running bet if your red hair was all natural or if you were a strawberry like me that just colored it."

"Nannites." Nicole shrugged her shoulders. "Doc Tess set me up, it was so nice not having to spend a month getting my hair back in shape after repeated bleach jobs. I almost lost my hair just before I took the Directorship. More and more on my brush and less on my head. Wasn't stress, not entirely... it was dyin' it for various cover identities. Jonny joked that I should have shaved it all off and said I was a Deltan."
Nicole Decker
Director of the Mount, Strategic Homeworld Intelligence and Logistics Directorate

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

Rebecca smirked, "All natural, including the streaks of grey. And yes, I am that old."

Olivia Ryder

Post by Olivia Ryder »

"Pfft you're still hot. Even if you're old." Olivia teased as she walked out of the secret entrance. "Hey Uncle Chuck..." She waved and looked around. "So hey... Nicole." she tossed her an isolinear chip. "My analysis of those signals you wanted me to look at. They're Orion for sure. Good thing I spent the better part of a year dating an Orion that spoke native Orion in her sleep."

"Tana?" Decker raised an eyebrow.

"No, pfft Jena has the worst grasp of native Orion of any green skinned girl I know." Olivia replied with a wink at Kirby. "We both dated her."

"Oh yeah... Tila. Haven't thought about her in years, I think I was still trying to get Marcus to take 'us' seriously at the time. So wait a year?" Kirby put her hands on her hips and looked at Olivia. "It was that long?"

"Yeah off and on... I mean, she was our backup for how many missions? Besides, after you had Zeke, I was nervous as hell about dating anyone. You and Marcus slept together one time and you got pregnant." Olivia chuckled.

"Why do you think I didn't put up much of a fight when you suggested we get married?" Kirby said and walked out from behind the bar. "That and I have no interest in men after what I went through for the past five years. So wait a bloody second... what were you doing Intel work for Decker for? Your tiny arse retired remember?"

"She asked for a favor and... she kind of funded that last recording session in exchange for a little analysis. It's analysis, not field work." Olivia waved her hands. "I'm not going back in the field. Not until Vin's graduating from high school at least." she sighed heavily. "But I can't not get the life out of me, you know that. Besides... you're not exactly retired either. Alpha Section's 'Black Angel Alpha'."

"Touche. Well, you're a corporate VP and a rock star... I think more than just I would be upset if anything happened to you. Still kind of surprised you took Aimee up on that. I mean, we can always replace her in the band... well not exactly 'replace' but you know what I mean."

"I know... but if I don't have something else to occupy my time, I'll probably get myself dragged into something Dominus shaped. Don't really want that anymore." Olivia said and looked at Becca. "And you Aunt Becca... you be careful. Dad would get really upset if anything happened to you. And your kids. Although I'd be happy to look after Kim. Girl's picking up the ancient Xenexian tradition of making drinks..."
Olivia Ryder
Performer and Full Time Mom
Ex-Intelligence Officer