Handover

The strike back has started... who will survive... what will change...
Rebecca Talon

Re: Handover

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"I'm always careful," she said dryly. "The problem is that the universe and the bad guys have other plans." Rebecca sighed thinking of her young charge, "Poor girl couldn't have choosen a worse parent, but when she latched onto me like an Omarian crab I didn't have the heart to send her to the orphanage. Poor thing went through hell. She still wakes up in the middle of the night screaming."

Olivia Ryder

Post by Olivia Ryder »

"She's a sweet girl. And I'm used to girls screaming in the middle of the night." Olivia glanced at Kirby. "Both Lana and Kirby have some real doozies. That's part of the reason why I didn't hesitate to be part of Aimee's shipping company. Some of their more unscrupulous shippers were trafficking kids. They would put them into stasis and label it 'un-processed pork product'. They had no idea. That's one reason why I got out of field work, easier for me to play the role of the spoiled rock star that's getting a wee nosy. Let people forget that I'm a former Intelligence Director. That I know my shit. That and I plan to make sure Vin and Lana are set up for the rest of their lives, so they don't have to go into the service if they don't want to. I know Big Vin did, but that was because he was looking for a long dead sister." she closed her eyes. "I... think Lana and Kim would have been space dust if we didn't rescue them. I was tracking a lead on some trafficked kids, found an empty, but dusty cargo container. It's a real problem. They get close to being caught, they cut their losses, always more war orphans to go around. And alternate reality refugees we have barely no data on."

Kirby put her hand on Olivia's back and nodded her head. "If it wasn't Dominus capturing them for his own labor and depravity... it's the other traffickers. Bloody bastards. Kinda how I got into Intel, someone sniffed around me too much, dad set up a sting. Found out that arse was kidnapping girls and boys in their mid teens for years, doctor friend of his would brain damage them so they forgot who they were and made them docile. Starbase Odin... was built with kids that they 'gave' them for raw labor. At least part of it, construction company they used faked the books. They'd push 'em until they died on the job, vaporized the body and replaced them with another poor wee bugger. I didn't have any nightmares from killing those cunts." she sneered. "I slept like a baby, even if I had more dried blood on my hands than a butcher."

"Olivia's home for fucked up assassins and troubled youths." Olivia said with a wince.
Olivia Ryder
Performer and Full Time Mom
Ex-Intelligence Officer

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"We're all a little off in the head," Rebecca replied. "You needn't be an assassin."

Olivia Ryder

Post by Olivia Ryder »

"Not my job description anymore." Olivia replied. "Vice President of a shipping company... who's the lead singer of a band on her off days. Kirbs... bartender by day, BlackAngel... when needed."
Olivia Ryder
Ex-Intelligence Officer

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"And it suits you," Rebecca replied. "I'm glad you found something that gives you something that at least approaches a normal life, even if that includes sex, drugs, and rock and roll."

Olivia Ryder

Post by Olivia Ryder »

"Well I only really partake in two of those. I'm not really on any drugs anymore. New body doesn't have all the same aches and pains." Olivia chuckled lightly. "Now the sex... well... that's a given, but only with the one who I sleep with every night. Course, Jena and Ethan share the bed now and again."

"Get's chilly in Olive Grove sometimes." Kirby teased. "Besides, I'm far from the jealous type. We've been bi since we were old enough to know what to do with ourselves. Married her brother. Almost set her up with my brother, but my brother couldn't handle her. Speaking of brothers... your Ethan, I've got a whole shipment of boy clothes from when Zeke was a little bub, should fit him. My dad was clearing out one of our warehouses and told me if I didn't take my crates, he'd space 'em. I... kinda got a bit overzealous when I was buying clothes for Zeke when he was little. But he was so cute and Nick kind of gave me whatever I wanted for him. So some are not even worn. Jena and Ethan aren't having a boy that I know of but it'll be years before they need them and Vin's already way too big for most of it. He's five and he's fitting into stuff for a ten year old."

"Hey I told you that he was going to be huge, he was practically twice Lana's length when he was born. The doctor joked that I kept him in too long. Furyan and augment DNA... what'll ya do? Course look at Uncle Chuck there... he's taller than Grandpa Leo. Uncle Tony's totally Grandma Tess's genetics. Skips generations." Olivia said with a laugh. "But yeah, there's some cool stuff in there, part of it was because we intended to live on a colony for a while, but never settled down. We were still young."
Olivia Ryder
Ex-Intelligence Officer

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

"How about Big Ethan and Trinity. They got twins on the way and can use all the help they can get," Rebecca said. "But, thank you."

Yoshi Tanaka

Post by Yoshi Tanaka »

"Nice to hear the Lei line is continuing." a man said from the doorway as he poked his head in and saw Becca. "You are a difficult woman to track down, it seems once I walk to where you are, you are gone."

"And who are you? We're technically closed. Family only." Kirby said as she put her hand into the pocket that held her pinch phaser.

"Yoshi... Yoshi Tanaka. I... am technically family. Your brother in law I presume." Yoshi said as he bowed slightly. "Your agents Cross and the Black Widow rescued me, but I escaped in the melee with the Ajem'dasis. I know my mother had many enemies, so I try to stay... in the shadows as it were."

"Yep... that sounds like a Lei." Olivia said with a snickering laugh. "Oh... and us without a telepath."

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

Rebecca finished her drink, set the glass down and turned to Yoshi with a sigh, "Okay, I'm here. What do you want?"

Yoshi Tanaka

Post by Yoshi Tanaka »

"I'm not entirely sure to be honest... I kept having visions of you. That somehow we need to work together." Yoshi replied and sat down. "My mother kept me pretty secret... not entirely shocking since well... she always had plans within plans. But I was working on a way of... merging lost worlds with those of other reality's versions of the same, where there would only be a 99.973543 variance in inhabitants."