Those Dirty Stinking Dogs We Call the Enemy

The strike back has started... who will survive... what will change...
Hur'agha

Re: Those Dirty Stinking Dogs We Call the Enemy

Post by Hur'agha »

Rebecca shook her head, "You're both right. Using non-senteients to fight our wars does make war cheap, but sometimes you have to use a coupon to make a war a little less costly. As far as Earth goes: no, it should not be a part of the Alliance. However, that doesn't mean it shouldn't have a seat at the table. Ignoring the elephant in the room rarely makes it go away."

"The Empire will never join the Alliance," General Hur'agha announced who had been silent at the back of the office until now. "Though, I believe in the past Earth had something called the United Nations. Simply a place where everyone had a seat at the table."

"Yeah the UN, and it wasn't very popular at the time," Rebecca said. "Though I do think Earth should have some say. Especially if they are going to commit people and ships to the meat grinder."
General Hur'agha, IKS Kor'roq
Daughter of M'ress
House Martok

Malcolm Foster

Post by Malcolm Foster »

"It is entirely something to think about." Vice President Foster said as he leaned against the wall near the door. "Of course we need to worry about the optics of it all, there are many who are still bloody critical of us being in any way peaceful with the Imperium while they are still calling themselves an 'Imperium' and not dismantling the Empire they created in the aftermath of the Fall." he cocked his head slightly. "Although as long as there's sun, there is hope."
Malcolm Foster
Vice President, Terra Alpha

Hur'agha

Post by Hur'agha »

"The Imperium has no honor," The Klingon General started. "However, it is here to stay. We can either normalize relations here and now, or when Dominus is defeated we can go back to shooting at each other."
Daughter of M'ress
House Martok

Malcolm Foster

Post by Malcolm Foster »

"Well then I suppose I will talk to St. James and have her open discussions with the Imperium and our other allies about forming such a thing. An Alliance with another Alliance." Foster chuckled. "Emperor Lei is a reasonable man, but he's only part of it. He has allowed other heads of state to operate on Earth, instead of being its sole leader. Still it IS something worth working on." he smirked slightly. "A Klingon suggesting normalizing relations, General... this may be a historic day after all."
Malcolm Foster

Hur'agha

Post by Hur'agha »

Hur'agha shrugged, "The Empire cannot afford war. Underwoods, the Imperium, and Dominus has left us damaged. It's Praxus all over again without the ecological fallout."
Daughter of M'ress
House Martok

Malcolm Foster

Post by Malcolm Foster »

"None of us can afford another long war, but we're not going to let Dominus take what he wants." Malcolm replied. "So... we have to start working together, even if it's with governments we don't like, but Emperor Lei needs to reign in some of his planetary governors."
Malcolm Foster

Rebecca Talon

Post by Rebecca Talon »

Rebecca snorted, "I'd hate to know that means."

Malcolm Foster

Post by Malcolm Foster »

"Oh there are a few right bastards on my list that really give fock all to what the peace treaty we signed means. We'll never reform the original Federation, but we can at least hope to get enough of the other powers that be on the same bloody page. Dominus is going to wipe us out if we let him and ladies and gents... Jon and I aren't going to let him. President Price gave me authority to use our intelligence community and our... other operatives to make whatever in roads we can to handling the Scions and Dominus and the Ajem by whatever means. Like Secretary Ryder said, no risks but... if we can end this, then we end this. Otherwise we may as well not even report in tomorrow."
Malcolm Foster

Hur'agha

Post by Hur'agha »

"Spying and hiding in the shadows is not honorable," Hur'agha growled.

"And yet you have cloaking technology," Rebecca remarked with a raised eyebrow and an amused expression.

"There's no greater honor than victory."
Daughter of M'ress
House Martok

Tony Ryder

Post by Tony Ryder »

"Well sometimes you need the spooks to do a job that we can't do openly. Or they just do it better. Loathe as some of us are to admit that. Drop two or three into a situation and it's handled with the only loss of life on the other side. Keep in mind we've been cleaning up Klingon weapon and drug smugglers for months now. I love how people figure now is a great time to start trafficking because planets are blowing up."
Anthony "Tony" Ryder
Secretary of Defense
Terra Alpha Alliance