London Calling

The strike back has started... who will survive... what will change...
Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Re: London Calling

Post by Nick Ryder »

"I'm fine with that." Nick said with a smile. "Yeah I remember that from when my engineering group went there once... we stayed in an outskirt hotel and half my team got laid."

"That'll happen too." Cassie blushed. "I take it you weren't the other half."

"Was married at the time. Newly I might add." Nick said as he held up his ring finger. "I think I've had a ring on this finger more than I haven't. Felt weird not wearing one while Alice and I were still dating and being serious... but I knew she was the one the moment I saw her."

"I think the same was true for her, for a woman that's as hot as she is, I do get the impression you were her first and only and she's fine with that. Wish I had that. My first turned out to be gay... and I have had far too many since." Cassie groaned. "Never thought I'd be so fine with giving up the Palace life for this and the only real man in my life is barely up to my hip and his age is a single digit. I always wondered what kind of parent I'd make, if I'd be as fucked up as my mother or I'd be better. Course I'm only an 'auntie' I suppose to Gale."

"He's a good judge of character even at his age. You may not be perfect but you've got potential to be great." Nick said and sipped his drink. "Tell you what, if we ever leave to go to our future or elsewhere. you're coming with us."

"I would insist." Cassie said and glanced over at the house. "How long does it take that woman to put on a swimsuit?"

"You do know she's got more swimsuits than a store... although most were in one of the crates from my daughter. Probably unpacking them all." Nick chuckled and closed his eyes. "I miss her every day. She was pregnant with twins when I left."

"Well... couldn't you like... pop in and pop back?" Cassie mused. "Or don't you have a son with a bloody TARDIS?"

"Padawan you have given me an idea..." Nick stroked his chin and hummed to himself.
Nicholas "Nick" Ryder-Huntington
Husband, Father, Inventor, Maker, Defender
Former President, Founder Alpha Quadrant Alliance

Alice Ryder

Post by Alice Ryder »

“Don’t encourage him into something he’ll regret.” Alice said as she joined them and Kissed Nick on the cheek. “What’s this new idea of yours?”
Alice Huntington Ryder

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Well if we can't physically be there... we could set up a sort of cross temporal link using Jack's pod. I think." Nick stroked his chin. "I mean Angel and Trinity are both pregnant with twins. That's kind of epic. Still, I don't want to jeopardize this timeline." he shrugged his shoulders. "Although then again, the future will always be there. Anyway... how much of your French do you remember? I like being able to turn the universal translator off when we're going civilian, especially on Earth. It's been months since we've been here and we've yet to have a proper mini vacation, just the two of us. At least the house is pretty much done and we've got Cassie to watch Gale."

"And I promise to give him plenty of candy and let him stay up all night and watch horrible B-Sci-fi movies and drink all the fizzy soda he wants." Cassie said with an impish grin. "I'll also invite all my girlfriends over to film a pool party orgy." she said with a serious face and then burst out laughing. "Hah, I have no other real girlfriends, besides you of course Alice luv. And soda will make him hyper. Although I do have this huge stockpile of 'healthy' candy that some company gave me to be the spokesperson for, never going to go through that much on my own before it goes bad. And you and Nick hardly touch the stuff."

"Because I will start and not stop until it's all gone. Seriously. If it's really good, I'll try to practice the best will power I can... but I'll have it devoured in a couple days. My assistants used to buy candy for me by the kilo. Not the gram. Bags as big as my head and I'd go through it in a week. I'm trying to be healthier." Nick said with a laugh. "I only need like an hour or two of sleep, but when I'm on a sugar or caffeine high I barely get an hour and I'm wrecked."

"Oh so it's the sweets not your sweetie that wrecks you huh?" Cassie teased. "Y'know... I've never heard you say anything mean about her, I'm not used to a couple that actually likes being with each other. Even after remodeling."

"Because Mrs. Huntington is usually right even if I think I'm right... but I've learned to trust her judgement and bite my tongue. Third and last wife, making it count with her." Nick said as he reached over and held her hand. "And I just got it... how I can see Angel and Trinity's twins. Remote probe. I can holographically see them, they can holographically see me, but it's because each side of our meeting is recorded at different times. Like I make a plan to have the birth recorded, while they're watching me record my end of it, but I'll be able to see both sides technically."

"Headache time..." Cassie quipped.

Alice Ryder

Post by Alice Ryder »

“Try not to think on it to much love.” Alice suggested as she patted Cassie on the shoulder. “Your assuming, Nicholas, that Jack would want to help. You two didn’t exactly part on the best of terms.”
Alice Huntington Ryder

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"There is a saying, time heals all wounds. I even forgave Julie for being a monumental bitch and y'know... everything else." Nick said with a shrug of his shoulders. "I heard a rumor that her ghost haunts Becca. Which I find hilarious, they hated each other." he chuckled and smiled. "I dunno... anyway... I should be thinking about the present and spoiling you like the queen you are, Alice." he kissed her again and held her. "By the way... I like what you're wearing and that lotion you put on... if Cassie wasn't here..."

"Oh please go on... I don't mind watching." Cassie said with a grin. "Living vicariously through my best friends... why not?"

"Back your pants grasshopper." Nick teased by using the iljuna to splash her with water. "Annnyway... I'm still amazed at how comfortable I feel here. Although it does help that I have my soul mate, my son and we've got a snarky friend to keep us humble."

Cassandra Windsor

Post by Cassandra Windsor »

A Couple Weeks Later --

Cassie was sitting cross legged and floating in the middle of the living room, her vintage looking 'Rolling Stones' t-shirt and billowy slacks gently flapping as the iljuna kept her aloft. Gale, meanwhile was playing with his cars on a track that ran around the whole living room. Nick and Alice had taken a week away and then when they realized that Gale wasn't entirely crushed by them being gone so long, took another few days away.

"Cassie?" Gale asked as he looked out the window and saw a car come up the driveway. "That doesn't look like mummy and dad's car."

"No... it doesn't." Cassie said, her eyes still closed as she gently landed and stood up gracefully. "I know that limo." she slid on a pair of sunglasses and walked over the door and crossed her arms.

"Your highness... your mother has sent me to fetch you." a grey haired gentlemen said as he opened the door to the limo.

"Fetch me? It's been months and she's 'fetching me'?" Cassie said bitterly. "Willshire, you can tell mother that I have no intention of being 'fetched' and if it wasn't for the young man I'm babysitting I would use far harsher words."

"Oh please swear Cassie... I know all the swear words too!" Gale said with a giggle.

"Hush and don't let your mother hear you say that" Cassie said with a smirk.

"Princess... please... " he said with a stern look. "Your mother seldom requests your presence."

"Then my charge goes with us." Cassie said and gave him a glare. "And then you bring us right back here."

"Fair enough." he said and gestured to the car.

"Gale... you want to meet the Queen?" Cassie said with a smirk.

"Meet your mommy... sounds like fun!" He said and sprang up, stuffed a couple cars into his pockets and grabbed his froggie.

"This is my best friend's son... and as far as anyone is concerned, he's visiting royalty." Cassie told the valet and helped Gale into the car.

"As you wish your highness." He replied dryly.
HRH Princess Cassandra Hastings of the House of Windsor
Buckingham Palace Royal - Royal Bad Girl

Cassandra Windsor

Post by Cassandra Windsor »

Cassie hated this whole situation but it must have been serious if they were sending a car to get her. Although one thing she did miss, was being able to go somewhere without a handbag. Simply displaying her ring was enough. The trip through the city, Wilshire was silent, other than a little muttering at slow or reckless drivers on the way.

"So Gale, I'm pretty sure you know how to act around royalty, BUT... do not wander off. There are far too many places to get lost and I'm pretty sure your mother would give me such a wollop if something happened to you on my watch." Cassie whispered.

"I won't." Gale said with a smile and held her hand. "You remind me of my old best friend Bella. Except you swear a lot less."

"I'll take that as a compliment." Cassie replied with a pat on his head and sighed. "I rather envy you kid. Your parents are amazing. Too bad you don't have a big brother. Could be your Auntie."

"Aren't you already my Auntie? Don't need to be married to someone to be my Auntie." Gale said innocently.

"Kid's polite... so unlike you." Wilshire said with a dry harumph. "What 'appened to that lil' girl that used to be so sweet?"

"She grew up." Cassie said and glared at him. "And you know fully why."
HRH Princess Cassandra Hastings of the House of Windsor
Buckingham Palace Royal - Royal Bad Girl