London Calling

The strike back has started... who will survive... what will change...
Nick Ryder
Site Admin

London Calling

Post by Nick Ryder »

Nick was sitting outside a dress shop on a fashionable street in London, Gale was licking an ice cream cone while he sipped on a milk shake. He was watching Alice finish buying a new jacket she saw in the shop window. Glancing at his communicator the seller for a car that he was interested in was ready to meet him any time.

"How's the ice cream buddy?" Nick said as he looked at Gale.

"Yummy! It's almost better than Scoops!" Gale replied.

"Yeah, no one has bangleberry yet. Stupid name for a good fruit." Nick chuckled and sipped his shake. "So when mommy comes out of the shop, what don't we do?"

"Hug her with sticky hands?" Gale said with a smirk. "Aww..."

"Dude, that's a wool skirt, you know how hard it is to get ice cream out of wool like that." Nick said and glanced at some of the passers by. "So weird how our era looks entirely similar to this. We really didn't advance things much fashion wise..." then he saw a guy with a glowing mohawk. "Okay some trends we should have left in the past."

"But that IS kinda cool." Gale admitted.

"At a club maybe... maybe he's a musician." Nick replied and raised an eyebrow. "Son of a... Gale, stay right here okay... I'll be back." he got up and followed the mohawk guy and cleared his throat. "They let you out of the Great Link dressed like that, like some Cimmerian Nebula on legs."

"The fu... Ryder?" He replied and chuckled. "What the bloody hell are you doing here? Don't tell me, you got lost again in time. Mate you gotta stop tryin' to make engines that go fast man." he shook his head and patted him on the shoulder.

"Not lost, this was intentional. You didn't reply to the usual drop." Nick said as he cocked his head and they went to a noisy corner, knowing that he'd be able to hear him just fine over the din.

"About that, had to. S31 hates m'guts at the moment, tryin' to stay beneath the radar. How'd you know it was me? Haven't used this punk look in eons." V'Pier repiied.

"In another time and place you showed me a picture of how you mastered bio luminescence.So on the outs with the brass... what did you do this time?" Nick put his hands on his hips.

"Nothing out of the ordinary... except I impersonated a senator and kind of slept with his wife, but we just SLEPT together, drugged her, anyway... he catches me in bed with her and assumes the worst, I was tryin' to save their lives. Anyway long story short 31, told me to piss off for a while until it blows over. So what are you up to mate? Here with Julie... or Nancy?"

"Neither. Further along the timeline, Alice. I'm Nick Huntington now. My son is over there." Nick replied.

"Looks like you I suppose, all you solids look alike to me. So another wife huh? That's what? 3-4?" V'Pier laughed. "And you teased me!"

"Three but technically it's my fourth wedding, Julie and I did the deed twice. Long story." Nick rolled his eyes. "In any case, I'm staying in this timeline for a while, longer story yet on the reasons. But I would appreciate making sure when you are back in 31's good graces that you keep me sort of... on the down low, but available, just in case I need their help."

"You got it... after what you did to help me with in the 22nd, not a problem. So what's wifey look... like?" V'Pier gestured to the leggy blonde that just walked out of the store and was talking to Gale. "That her?"

"Yep. Comm me later tonight, I need a couple of things to make sure we can operate out of this era safely without fuckin' up the timeline." Nick said as he gave him a smile. "Good thing my son and I enjoyed people watching."

"Will do. See you around... off to a gig anyway." V'Pier saluted. "And the name's Greg in this era."

"Again?"

"Old habits die hard." he chuckled and headed off.

Nick walked back to the bench and kissed Alice on the cheek. "Saw an old friend. So, that looks like more than a jacket." he winked. "Think it's fancy enough to oh... go and do a tour of Buckingham Palace?"
Nicholas "Nick" Ryder-Huntington
Husband, Father, Inventor, Maker, Defender
Former President, Founder Alpha Quadrant Alliance

Atticus Hall

Re: London Calling

Post by Atticus Hall »

"Nick! How's it going? You let the family out of the house I see," Atticus greeted.

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Thought we should get in some sightseeing and shopping and fun in before the renovations start." Nick chuckled and shook his head. "Alice, meet our neighbor, Atticus." he gestured to him. "Nice enough bloke. And yes, the accent comes and goes. Give me a week and I'll sound like I lived here all my life."

Atticus Hall

Post by Atticus Hall »

"I haven't lived in East Texas for thirty some years, and the last six here in England. I still sound like a country hick from... well, East Texas," he said with a chuckle. "Oh well, my patients don't seem to mind."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Well, I've been with married to Alice for almost five years now and she never picked up my Midwestern accent, but I pick up her's, the Aussies I'm mates with." He rolled his eyes. "Even their words... course, Lady Alice has refined my vocabulary immensely since our nuptials. Which amuses my son to no end." he gestured to Gale.

Atticus Hall

Post by Atticus Hall »

"If a woman isn't making you better, and you her, it ain't a proper relationship in my opinion."

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"I'll say." Nick replied and nodded his head in agreement as he put his arm around Alice's shoulders. "Now if I didn't know better Atticus, would think you were following us. But the kid and I've been eating ice cream for the past... half hour while she found herself a new coat among other things I'm sure. All the colder weather stuff is still in crates. Not that the cold affects us much, when you've lived on a space station it's sort of something you get used to."

Alice Ryder

Post by Alice Ryder »

“I tend to run a bit warm anyway. It’s a pleasure to meet you Atticus.” Alice said pleasantly as she extended her hand.
Alice Huntington Ryder

Nick Ryder
Site Admin

Post by Nick Ryder »

"Someday we really should set up a playdate with Atticus' kids and Gale. He does need some friends his own age." Nick said as he picked the boy up. "Not that he doesn't make friends with pretty much everyone."

Atticus Hall

Post by Atticus Hall »

"The pleasure is all mine madam," Atticus said with a bow of his head. "As far as following you," he pointed to a building a short ways off. "That's my office. I was walking back from the hospital. Speaking of office, feel free to come by if you need anything. I'll make sure little man is growing properly and you have all your immunizations. There's a break out of Tarkalian Fever going around."